Official Junior games streamed this Saturday nswrl Facebook page

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name doesn’t ring a bell. Did he make it in grade??
He played 21 first grade games for Saints as a 17 yo in his first season - when fit he was always selected and played around 50 fg games all up over about 3-4 seasons with injuries effecting his career. He tried to come back with the magpies and played 3 or 4 games before he retired. He was only about 22.
I gues that is the risk with playing a kid against hardened men - especially in the early 80’s

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did Paul Alamoti go? Haha
Didn’t see the game but sounds like a massive prospect!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stand out. Set up first try by getting on the outside of his opposing centre which drew in the winger ,then did a flick pass for our winger to score. Had a hand in another try with a good offload whilst standing in a tackle. Scored his first try with good strength. His second try was the best beating a host of players to score after coming on an inside pass. Every carry was strong.
His kick offs an drop outs were big. Did a short drop out for himself and regained the ball.
Defended well physically. May be a decent goal kicker with a bit of work.
Made a few errors but they were from trying things.
For an under aged player in SG Ball , shows the most promise I have seen from a centre for a long time.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I have seen him play live and IMO he lived up to the hype. Even though he was probably the youngest bloke on the field he looked like the biggest player out there. It reminded me of U6s where you just give it to the biggest kid and hope for the best...the difference is he doesn't just rely on his size to dominate - he has the skill to go with it (his pass that led to the first try was sublime - Gidley like)

Like the good players he needs to skip Flegg and go straight to CC because he's too good for SG Ball. I want to see him play against men

For some reason he reminds me of Moses Suli (hopefully he doesn't have the same lazy attitude). At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if he is starting at centre in FG in Rd 1 next year

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Youngest on the field but looked like he ran the show.
At one point he was telling one of the halves what to do and where do go during a scrum.
Lived up to the hype. And will only improve with experience.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One possible problem. Roosters uncle Nick was in the crowd. Came about half way through Matt’s. Hopefully not to have a chat with Alamoti like his hand shake with SBW
Isn't Paul a local junior - hopefully his dream is to play for the Dogs
As long as our uncle Arthur has bigger brown paper bags than Uncle Nick does, he'll stay
I'm just glad the rumour of Alamoti joining the Eels wasn't true - imagine how awful that would have been :sob: :sob: :sob:

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw that young kid Alamoti set up the first try with the flick pass. How old is he? Looks a talent.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nick politis was apparently in attendance yesterday watching, we better hang on to this kid.... I know there’s still a way to go for him but he looks the goods so far

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL there's another article by Foxsports hyping up Alamoti, referring to him as a teen freak....no pressure kid
Feels good to finally have a local junior star on our hands

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nick politis was apparently in attendance yesterday watching, we better hang on to this kid.... I know there’s still a way to go for him but he looks the goods so far
yes they were playing the roosters, everyone is reading to much into this

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Youngest on the field but looked like he ran the show.
At one point he was telling one of the halves what to do and where do go during a scrum.
Lived up to the hype. And will only improve with experience.
This was the first time I’ve ever seen him play. Stocky thing but absolute light years ahead physically at least v that Roosters side.

I expected to see this big kid just getting the ball and running through people but whilst he did that, it was the other shit that impressed me.

He took on what looked like a leadership role, he was making big plays, and directing older guys on what to do and where to go. Has a real finesse and presence that I wasn’t expecting.