Official Junior games streamed this Saturday nswrl Facebook page

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we definitely deserve to loose that game with the amount of possession in the second half and field advantage.
They just looked disorganised but points were there for the taking
HM - both centres are better suited to the backrow - they make yards are hard to tackle but lack the speed of an outside back. The winger Mazzone was good again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Alamoti play any local footy after the Covid shutdown last year or was that his first game in nearly 12 months?

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alamoti Is clearly our best junior since Barba. Some kids dominate at that age due to just brute strength. He has more to his game some of the passes he pulls off most first graders would be proud of.

I would play him in Nsw cup this year with the view of starting in Fg Next year.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Alamoti play any local footy after the Covid shutdown last year or was that his first game in nearly 12 months?
I’m not sure about that player in particular but I definitely saw some junior games being played in my local area
They looked like late teens perhaps

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alamoti played U16s with Milperra Colts. They won the grand final. My mate was there, i think he said Alamoti scored all colts tries

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
SG Ball: Bulldogs star centre Paul Alamoti double secures win over Sydney Roosters
Jocelyn Airth

Remember the name Paul Alamoti. The explosive young centre is quickly climbing the ranks at Belmore and his performance in Round 1 of the SG Ball Cup put rivals on notice.

Paul Alamoti dazzled in the opening round for Canterbury. Picture: David Swift.

Paul Alamoti dazzled in the opening round for Canterbury. Picture: David Swift.

It’s crazy to think young Paul Alamoti hadn’t run out for the Bulldogs for 11 months.

COVID-19 forced NSWRL to cancel junior representative competition in March last year and despite the lack of footy, Canterbury’s explosive centre hasn’t missed a beat.

The local junior, who dominated the Harold Matthews Cup in 2019 and 2020, scored a double to inspire the Bulldogs’ 24-16 win against the Sydney Roosters as Round 1 of the SG Ball Cup kicked off on Saturday.

Paul Alamoti roars after one of his two tries. Picture: David Swift.

Paul Alamoti roars after one of his two tries. Picture: David Swift.

Alamoti immediately excited spectators at Belmore when he popped a nice ball to winger Brendon Taupuai to score early.

The big centre then threw an offload in a frantic seven-pass play that ended with fullback Kai Brady spinning over.

Second-rower Lleyton Borg was next to cross and secure Canterbury a comfortable 14-0 lead at halftime.

But there was plenty to like about the Roosters, who fielded an explosive centre of their own who set off a courageous comeback.
Roosters captain Thomas Deakin looks to offload. Picture: David Swift.

Roosters captain Thomas Deakin looks to offload. Picture: David Swift.

Local product Jordan Swann charged down a line and beat four defenders to get his side on the board.

The strong centre, part of Waverley College’s 2020 CAS Rugby-winning side, made another brilliant run to set up five-eighth Sandon Smith over.

Fullback Ethan King sliced through to put the Chooks within reach, but it was left too late.
Alamoti bolted over for his two tries and then kicked a penalty goal to seal the deal for the Dogs.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I feel sorry for the poor kid in local footy having to mark up against him!
Yeah he would have just trampled over the top of them,
probably some poor skinny kid thinking I’ll give it a shot lol

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apply for some kind of exemption if the Rorters can do it why can’t we get him into the first grade side and blood him !!

Baby jet

New Pup
Reaction score
Number 4,13 and 17 in matts ran hard the middles need to hold onto the ball

Reactions: ATT

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminded me of when I was playing school boy football against Dennis Kinchela (James Cook High) - What a sad and sorry speed bump I was that day!!!!

Like Alamoti he had just turned 17, however he was already graded with Saints and played the full year in First Grade.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reminded me of when I was playing school boy football against Dennis Kinchela (James Cook High) - What a sad and sorry speed bump I was that day!!!!

Like Alamoti he had just turned 17, however he was already graded with Saints and played the full year in First Grade.
Name doesn’t ring a bell. Did he make it in grade??