June 30

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will the club & coach be making any moves in the player market.. will they look to release some of the players we have in our top 30, that arent up to it and replace them with other up and coming players and ESL players..

Raiders signed some good value players on a shoestring budget at end of last year from the ESL..

They want to blame our salary cap as an excuse, if that's the case they need to get busy and identify & recruit some talent in the lower grades and ESL..

Sitting on their hands with this current 30man squad till end of year is opposite of being proactive, which was their promise..

They should be looking at offloading a few of the duds in the next month.. we are going worse than last year, bottom of the ladder, if this is not the time for action then i dont know when is..

Ricky Stuart did somthing similar at Parra putting 14 players on notice saying they wont be re-signed and were free to go to the market..

Something needs to happen.. they can start by shaking things up by June 30..

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By June 30 i want to see the following

Outs
Dean Pay
Lachlan Lewis
Jack Cogger
Kieran Foran
Danny Fualalo
William Hopoate
Francis Tualalo
Michael Lichaa
John Olive
Poo Brown

Ins
Justin Holbrook
Kyle Flanagan
Jayden Brailey
Christian Welch
George Burgess
Thomas Flegler
Corey Oates
Jordan Rapana

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No point wasting money bringing in players or removing players at a cost for a dud season.

If we were close to the 8 and needed some fine tuning that would be different.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a full top 30 and apart from a handful of players no other team is going to want any of our players so how are we going to release anyone?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No point wasting money bringing in players or removing players at a cost for a dud season.

If we were close to the 8 and needed some fine tuning that would be different.
Whats the point of persisting with players that arent up to it..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By June 30 i want to see the following

Outs
Dean Pay
Lachlan Lewis
Jack Cogger
Kieran Foran
Danny Fualalo
William Hopoate
Francis Tualalo
Michael Lichaa
John Olive
Poo Brown

Ins
Justin Holbrook
Kyle Flanagan
Jayden Brailey
Christian Welch
George Burgess
Thomas Flegler
Corey Oates
Jordan Rapana
Who would partner the Rookie Flanagan??
Id keep Lewis personally, think he has alot to offer with a decent squad.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a full top 30 and apart from a handful of players no other team is going to want any of our players so how are we going to release anyone?
Watching ESL on the weekend theres a very long list of ex NRL players that wont get a deal over here, but have over there.. Tim Sheens last night was saying clubs are looking to add to their squad for the final half of their campaign..

Theirs always options available, it depends on the coach & club if they want to do somthing..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a good thing a coach that should be fired is involved in making decisions about which players are signed and released. The club sure is in safe hands at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching ESL on the weekend theres a very long list of ex NRL players that wont get a deal over here, but have over there.. Tim Sheens last night was saying clubs are looking to add to their squad for the final half of their campaign..
Hopefully we can push some players over there then. The next problem is going to be convincing players to sign with the Dogs. Any decent player would be nuts to come here at the minute.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brandon Wakeham
As promising as that sounds I think we wouldnt be much better of with a Debutant and Flanagan partnering up. Add that to Meaney and Jayden braily. Pretty light on experience, I think for us to get someone like Flanagan we'd need a high profile half with him that hasnt past his used by date.
I'd like to See Brandon Smith as our hooker personally. If we are throwing money around.

Good discussion though for a highly unlikely situation to be in.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s available who’s looking for a shot ?i know seasons over but I don’t want the spoon

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want to know if we can move on players like sadlier and olive to open room in our top 30??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i want to know if we can move on players like sadlier and olive to open room in our top 30??
They definitely can. It would cost nothing to pay them out of their deals. I've confirmed this with a few staff at another club who manage their cap. But the Andersons probably don't want to hurt those players feelings.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They definitely can. It would cost nothing to pay them out of their deals. But the Andersons probably don't want to hurt those players feelings.
Yeah I thought they can drop them but must be paid out in full. But not 100% sure.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They definitely can. It would cost nothing to pay them out of their deals. I've confirmed this with a few staff at another club who manage their cap. But the Andersons probably don't want to hurt those players feelings.
Well there you have it lol..!!