Julian Assange – Transparency Warrior or Manchurian Candidate?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage I would question whether every influence on him is positive anyway. You isolate someone enough and it becomes easier to manipulate them. I couldn't even tell you how much of a part he played in accessing the emails. It's a subject that deserves investigation on whether he had influential people that guided him to this act he supposedly committed. It doesn't seem like he'd have a huge amount of freedom to have initiated this kind of action without outsiders being heavily involved. So to me it seems like he's become the fall guy that will be used to set a dangerous precedent for media suppression. Whether you regard what he did as a terrible crime or not, I'd prefer that we have some media sources that aren't afraid to tell the truth.
Alan completely agree with your post especially having news sources who told the truth.

However wikileaks held on to that information and released it at the right time to influence the election.

They didn't release it straight away, they held on to it and chose when to release it, to have maximal impact on the election.

Furthermore they knew it was given to them by Russian agents.

This goes beyond just reporting the truth