JT UNHAPPY AT THE COWS

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We need to stop focusing on big name players, and instead focus on our brand of footy.

We didnt get to the 04/12/14 GF's purely off our players, hell 14 proved it. Its our brand of footy that carries us, always.

Yes, of course players matter. But throwing big money at select few players wont fix the problem. We need people with heart. Look at our 14 roster and compare it with any other team, not only did we make the GF, that spine broke the blues draught. Not through pure skill or talent alone.

We are the Bulldogs. Not the Roosters, not the Storm.

The Bulldogs.
100% agree but to be fair, all those sides had multiple rep players and or generational talent such as JT, SBW or Barba

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course his not happy what a stupid coach saying that shit about your marquee player seriously. And his not injured ,its bullshit I bet he has told them to play without me for a month and see how shit you ***** are .

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t blame him at all And I’m a cowboys supporter as well.

even all the good juniors hightail it out of that dump of a town the first chance they get.

Love my team - have always thought Townsville is shit (I only stay for family reasons)

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another back rower? He’d have to do time in the Mounties first to see how he went. Then perhaps a bench spot in A grade if that went ok.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree but to be fair, all those sides had multiple rep players and or generational talent such as JT, SBW or Barba
Thurston was not responsible for our 2004 GF appearance and win... it was our pack which had the likes of Price, O'Meley, Mason, Ryan, Grimaldi, Asotasi, Maitua and SBW, and Shifty in career best form

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

even all the good juniors hightail it out of that dump of a town the first chance they get.

Love my team - have always thought Townsville is shit (I only stay for family reasons)
I knew an old Balmain fan that moved up to Townsville and started to follow the Cowboys after the merger between the Tigers and Magpies... he hated being referred to as a Far North Queenslander and he really hated having to watch the Broncos every Friday night

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT would still add somthimg to our side.. Im talking Jonathon Thurston..

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

You have Nanai , luki , neame , grieg , condon , hola and probably more coming in the forwards
It could work both ways you need fb and hb

Thats alot of Talent in the forwards with Taumalolo1m contract , hess , mcguire, mclean

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he still has 6 years left (2027 last contracted year). If he's worth the 1m a year now (debateable) it's very likely he won't be in a few years time from now and the Cowboys would have to chip 200-300k for the next 6 years which I don't see them doing. This is probably why you don't sign players to 10 year deals.
It’s a crazy contract in particular the time frame.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stop focusing on big name players, and instead focus on our brand of footy.

We didnt get to the 04/12/14 GF's purely off our players, hell 14 proved it. Its our brand of footy that carries us, always.

Yes, of course players matter. But throwing big money at select few players wont fix the problem. We need people with heart. Look at our 14 roster and compare it with any other team, not only did we make the GF, that spine broke the blues draught. Not through pure skill or talent alone.

We are the Bulldogs. Not the Roosters, not the Storm.

The Bulldogs.
We need talent we got none

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id take him on at $750k , cows can pay the rest of his freight each year

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he still has 6 years left (2027 last contracted year). If he's worth the 1m a year now (debateable) it's very likely he won't be in a few years time from now and the Cowboys would have to chip 200-300k for the next 6 years which I don't see them doing. This is probably why you don't sign players to 10 year deals.
Throw the kitchen sink at him

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When your box of apples is rotten, you don't go buying new ones and throw them in the same box. It will still spread! Look at the players we bought in the off season and tell me how well they are going? All 3 had a great 2020, and what have they done at our club? They look ordinary. One player on that coin won't solve our problems. We need to get it right this season and at least have some sort of structures, and build on that for next year with the addition of 3 or so quality players in key areas. A 1mill a season player will do us more harm than good.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston was not responsible for our 2004 GF appearance and win... it was our pack which had the likes of Price, O'Meley, Mason, Ryan, Grimaldi, Asotasi, Maitua and SBW, and Shifty in career best form
what a great pack

had balance, something we don’t have now.
aggression, size, skill, agility and workers.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve been guilty of the same crap when you think about the overs we have paid players like trex, Jackson, Tolman etc. over the years.

These large long term contracts are awful.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not saying we dont need talent at all.

Im saying we need to stop focusing one paying massive money on a small number of players.