Josh Schuster???

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, he’s a kid worth taking a punt on. How much would entice him? 400k for 1st year. 500k 2nd 600k 3rd. 1.5 for 3years.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Shuster asks for a release he will be available for 2021 where as Cleary has said that they won't be releasing Burton so he won't be available untill 2022.

Maybe the timing will decide which should be our priority.
Des let afb go early then sign luke garner lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Schuster would be smart to take up a deal with Newcastle
Settled spine around him in Brailey, Pearce and Ponga. Of course that would mean he'd have to compete with Mann who I think should be right centre

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we have room for him though? Who would miss out? Would still rather burton 6 and give Averillo fullback
If a player is good enough a good coach, (not 1 of our past 3) he will always find a spot for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Schuster would be smart to take up a deal with Newcastle
Settled spine around him in Brailey, Pearce and Ponga. Of course that would mean he'd have to compete with Mann who I think should be right centre
They still have Tex Hoy and Crossland though so if they sign someone like Schuster, then they further risk losing those two who they rate highly..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Legend's tough love for disgruntled young star

Marc Churches
\Parramatta great Peter Sterling has urged rising star Josh Schuster not to walk out on Manly amid reports he threatened to leave if Kieran Foran was brought back to the club, a move which has now been sealed.
Foran's return to Brookvale was made official on Monday after turning down a reported $300,000-$400,000 offer to stay with the Bulldogs following the end of his lucrative $1.2 million-a-year deal.
Sterling said he envisioned Foran taking back the five-eighth position which he owned in the first phase of his career, culminating in the 2011 premiership, which he won alongside Daly Cherry-Evans.
"I was talking to Daly Cherry-Evans, he's excited about the prospect of Kieran going there," Sterling told Wide World of Sports' Sterlo's Wrap.
a close up of Kieran Foran
© Getty Kieran Foran
"I think he's a five-eighth, I don't think they would even consider playing him as a dummy-half at No.9.
"But Daly was excited by the chance of playing alongside Kieran.
"If they can get him on the paddock for the vast majority of games next year, all of a sudden they become a different football team."
Despite the positive news of welcoming back an ageing champion, the club now faces a battle to keep 19-year-old prodigy, Schuster, at the club in 2021 and beyond.
a man holding a baseball bat: Josh Schuster
© Getty Josh Schuster
Nine's chief rugby league reporter Danny Weidler revealed last week that Schuster's agent had informed Manly of his client's intentions to leave should Foran return.
Schuster is considered one of the best young prospects in the game, named the NSWRL SG Ball player of the year in 2019, and is believed to be the Manly's long-term No.6.
But Sterling was critical of the young star's position and urged him to take on an "education" and let his talents do the talking if he hopes to secure a spot.
"It's an education," he said.
"That's not the way to approach things.
"If the young man is good enough, he will make his way into a starting spot and permanent spot.
"But until that happens, Kieran Foran, watching him go about the way he trains, the way he prepares and the way he plays is an education and that's invaluable."

Attachments