Josh Reynolds, the new whipping-boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the level of Reynolds hate on this site is reaching endemic proportions. Apparently he is no longer a 5/8 of any decent standard who can't kick, tackle or set-up tries, despite being picked for NSW and them winning the series. Apparently he is the reason we are losing and Mbye needs to be installed asap.

So I thought I would analyse some data comparsion between Josh Reynolds and Kieran Foran, as Foran is the 5/8 of the team leading the comp, he should have stats far superior to Josh's right?

Shock horror!
Foran Reynolds
Try Assists 7 9
Offloads 4 18
Penalties Conceded 6 12
Errors 12 13
Avg Tackles 15 18
Avg Kicks 6 7
Avg Kick-metres 24 25

If it weren't for Friday night Josh's stats would look even better (5 penalties conceded), but in the interests of objectivity I included them all.

I am just as frustrated as everyone else here, but blaming the current problem on 1 player is just ridiculous. Enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I personally have no hate for Reynolds, in fact I think his passion has a place in the side.

I think he just feels like it is his role to be the saviour, and tries WAY too hard.

Calm down, believe in the team, and get on with things.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Kratos.

If I was on my PC id give you thumbs up. Im usually really emotional after a loss but after our 4 straight this week i just numb dont know what to feel anymore. But you are right, to put the blame on just one player for our poor month is harsh especially one that we know is always trying to play out of his skin, but dont get me wrong his errors played a massive part in us losing the game last week, but he cannot be blamed for all 41 points we let in as there are 12 other players on the field as well.

Let's just hope things turn around soon.

rellcin

Waterboy
Reaction score
So true.. Absolutely agree with both you.. I really feel for him right now and hoping that they don't put him out for the season. I wish they would stop the hate discussions, if they wanna hate, hate another player from anther team, not ours..

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Flavour of the month.

Last month it was Ennis. Next month it will be Graham.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The fans should focus on lifting a player who is down, there is NO player with more passion than Josh, and, as such, he will probably feel he let everyone down more than any other player would, LIFT, and help the Kid out. He is a part of our squad, we need him to keep his passion

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't blame him for all of our problems, but you cannot deny that he needs to pull his head in. We can't have someone doing that shit.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
pity the team didnt have the same winning spirit and passion that josh reynolds has

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank God there is someone with brains here I would thumbs up ur post man if I was at a pc too...

Seriously everyone needs to get the **** over the loss..chill the **** out and support Des ans Reynolds to get us through this season

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
:p
So the level of Reynolds hate on this site is reaching endemic proportions. Apparently he is no longer a 5/8 of any decent standard who can't kick, tackle or set-up tries, despite being picked for NSW and them winning the series. Apparently he is the reason we are losing and Mbye needs to be installed asap.

So I thought I would analyse some data comparsion between Josh Reynolds and Kieran Foran, as Foran is the 5/8 of the team leading the comp, he should have stats far superior to Josh's right?

Shock horror!

Try Assists Offloads Penalties Conceded Errors Avg Tackles Avg Kicks Avg Kick-metres
Foran - 16 games 7 4 6 12 15 6 24
Reynolds - 14 games 9 18 12 13 18 7 25

If it weren't for Friday night Josh's stats would look even better (5 penalties conceded), but in the interests of objectivity I included them all.

I am just as frustrated as everyone else here, but blaming the current problem on 1 player is just ridiculous. Enough.
The silence is deafening.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I haven't turned on him but I have certainly read some fairly strong comments on here. That being said he needs to grow up a bit and get the brain farts out of his game. Friday night was just un-acceptable but we all have off days! He deserve a spell and I hope he uses it to think about what helps his team and what hurts his team. Love his passion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rugby league is about more than stats, If Reynolds was such a good half he would be playing as a dominant playemaker and leading the team around, not our forwards. Give me foran over Reynolds any day of the year, Reynolds is dead average and i can't wait to see us with a real 5/8.

Malla

Reaction score
The hate comes from bandwagon or new supporters. Pay no mind to it.

End of the day this guy bleeds blue and white - he is very passionate, but he is also just a kid and is finding it challenging to balance it out. I feel for him. He will come out of his a better person and a better player and we will see that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
ohh and even though Reynolds got picked for SOO, he was the worst player for NSW. He had more try assists for QLD than NSW.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he can play with controlled aggression, he can become an elite player.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rugby league is about more than stats, If Reynolds was such a good half he would be playing as a dominant playemaker and leading the team around, not our forwards. Give me foran over Reynolds any day of the year, Reynolds is dead average and i can't wait to see us with a real 5/8.
you're right, rugby league is about more than stats, its about passion. Something Grub has in spades and can't be measured in stats.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all love his aggression, the we crucify him for it...Lets look at this objectively and without the channel nine biased commentary:

First Charge: Every single player kicks in the tackle to get on his feet early to play the ball, That's what he was doing. He was trying to give us an advantage by playing playing the ball quickly. We were at their line and had them on the ropes... Thaiday milked it for all it's worth.

The Second one: He was going for the tackle, Barba is just quicker... If you slow it down you will see that he led with his hand and missed before his foot, when Barba fell, Reynolds had a hand on him.

The Third one: That one is his fault... But considering what his state of mind might have been at that stage, he would have been fuming and angry... He should have been told to calm down and regather himself by the senior players around him... It was a high shot, It happens every week in the NRL get over it.

Reynolds is an emotional player, that's what we like about him, that's why we love him... he gives it all every single time.

Some of the comments that I have read are just shameful TBH... FFS So many band wagnors amongst our supporters...

Status
Not open for further replies.