Josh Reynolds silver lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all i would like to say that its a real shame Reynolds will be leaving our great club at the end of the year!!! I have always been a massive fan and supporter of him, and have always backed him when many people on the kennel forum have been giving him a hard time.
Reynolds always played with heart and desire, and has single handedly won us many games over the years. His passion and enthusiasm will be hard to teplace, and without doubt it will be a difderent club without him.
Unfortunately Reynolds has always been a player that polarises opinions. Just like he is now. He can quite easily be the difference between winning a match, and sometimes quite clearly be the reason for losing them. This being the case, he was offered what the club thought was fair, and what they thought they could afford. Its as simple as that!! We didnt dog him as his halfwitted brother has suggested, we just didnt offer as much money as the tigers did. And to be honest, if moses didnt sign with the tigers im pretty sure he would have signed on with us for the amount we offered.

NOW LETS GET TO THE SILVER LINING PART OF THE THREAD!!!

I feels as though now that one more piece of the puzzle has been solved things are becoming a little clearer moving forward. It looks increasingly likely that we will be ableto retain both Graham and Kasiano. Yes, i know, i know, they are both contracted, but perhaps the club wont try to ship them out. DOES THIS MAKE ANY OF YOU HAPPY????? And if so, and if there was still a choice, who would you keep in order of Reynolds, Kas or Graham?? Its definitely a hard one.
It also looks as though we will keep hold of Frawley, and likely sign Foran and Woods, and perhaps another 1 or 2 top players for good measure.
Regardless what people think of Foran i think he can provide a better chance of winning a comp then Reynolds.
CAN ANY OF YOU SEE THE SILVER LINING HERE???..............

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nek minit Foran backflips and we sign Adam Blair to a $1 million contract

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Weakening your spine to strengthen your forward pack isn't the answer though

If the only thing that comes out of this is that reynolds leaves so everyone else can stay and sign foran and woods does it really change that much? Pointless adding another prop on big dollars when it's quite clear your forward pack isn't the real concern at the club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am erect ffs.

Still slighty nervous with Foran signing, not that confident that he will stay on the field long enough but if he does we will have a shot. Still nees a kicking game from somewhere..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
silver lining is resigning Eastwood on 400 ks/year, Mbye on 800ks / year and tolman on what ever

then go round and offering below market price to one of your best players.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weakening your spine to strengthen your forward pack isn't the answer though

If the only thing that comes out of this is that reynolds leaves so everyone else can stay and sign foran and woods does it really change that much? Pointless adding another prop on big dollars when it's quite clear your forward pack isn't the real concern at the club
At the end of the day Foran is a far more naturally gifted footballer who adds composure and direction to every team he plays in. Woods on the other hand is about to come into the best years of his career and is already a starting prop for Australia and NSW, and he is off contract now. Why wouldnt you want him? Plus we have a few aging forwards, and some that need to be moved on like EASTWOOD!!!
So i dont think we are weakening our halves. Theyre actually improving. And our forwards will go to a new level with woods and klemmer starting.

Reactions: DT

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am erect ffs.

Still slighty nervous with Foran signing, not that confident that he will stay on the field long enough but if he does we will have a shot. Still nees a kicking game from somewhere..
Foran has a more than solid short kicking game. I wouldn't trust his hamstrings with the long kicking though lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
silver lining is resigning Eastwood on 400 ks/year, Mbye on 800ks / year and tolman on what ever

Ok ok zee. We get it. Im upset hes leaving too. But you need to get over it mate. Its time to let it go.
Plus the players you mention signed last year so you can hardly blame them for reynolds leaving. And i seriously doubt mbye is on 800K like every one keeps theowing out there. Even if its back ended it still averages out to a particular value year by year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wait until the test match to see how Foran goes (if selected). Could have everyone frothing over his eventual arrival.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran has a more than solid short kicking game. I wouldn't trust his hamstrings with the long kicking though lol
He only kicks a few times a game

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Come on bro. The guy can't kick, can barely pass, runs sideways most times, and has no idea what he is going to do next.

Yes he has passion. Has one us some games. And lost us plenty by not giving early ball to our backs.

Good riddance.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok ok zee. We get it. Im upset hes leaving too. But you need to get over it mate. Its time to let it go.
Plus the players you mention signed last year so you can hardly blame them for reynolds leaving. And i seriously doubt mbye is on 800K like every one keeps theowing out there. Even if its back ended it still averages out to a particular value year by year.

I swear I was shown the same rainbows and butterflies when liccha was spruiked to be our savior and i was told to let go Ennis

they even made the thread "Ennis who"

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on bro. The guy can't kick, can barely pass, runs sideways most times, and has no idea what he is going to do next.

Yes he has passion. Has one us some games. And lost us plenty by not giving early ball to our backs.

Good riddance.

there are 6 other regular players in our team who have had extensions in recent past, i will get rid of first before even thinking about getting rid of Reynolds.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best thing the dogs could do right now is let kas go so he can sign with the sharks ;)

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there are 6 other regular players in our team who have had extensions in recent past, i will get rid of first before even thinking about getting rid of Reynolds.
I honestly get that. I'm just glad the culling has started. We deserve better as fans.

I just hope someone picks up Mbye as well.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly get that. I'm just glad the culling has started. We deserve better as fans.

I just hope someone picks up Mbye as well.

this is exactly why i am pissed off thats why i said

if Reynolds goes I have no problem as long as Des, Mbye, Eastwood and other dead beats go first. hit the complete reset not what has happened here.

instead we have rewarded mediocrity be resigning Mbye on big bucks and Eastwood / Tolman for another 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.