Opinion Josh Reynolds or Kyle Flanagan

JOSH OR KYLE FOR 7

• Total voters

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Truth is we are lacking in that position regardless, with Reynolds or Kylie Fannygun.

I'd love to see Reynolds have a go and would also equally love to see Kylie cry again.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ideally 80 but can carry someone on the bench that can play 20-30 minutes if needed.
Is there anyone on TK who really believes that Reynolds can play 80 minutes of NRL, I don't think so.

Brown or Averillo could fill in if you want names.
So when Reynolds go off Averillo moves from centre to half back, yep, that makes sense. What happens if Brown comes on when Reynolds goes off and Mahony gets injured or needs a spell, oops, there goes you back up hooker. Oh wait, we can bring Reynolds back on and he can fill the dummy half role, very funny.

When we can start using our development players (Rajab who should already be top 30)/someone like Oloapu is more ready they're both better options than Flanagan just on potential alone. Rajab already better imo.
So we let half the season go by just patiently waiting for something that may not happen.

Flanagan starting 7 is an inept decision. We had since last year/season to prepare.
As I have mentioned previously for some strange reason I respect the coaching staff's decisions more than yours.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is there anyone on TK who really believes that Reynolds can play 80 minutes of NRL, I don't think so.

So when Reynolds go off Averillo moves from centre to half back, yep, that makes sense. What happens if Brown comes on when Reynolds goes off and Mahony gets injured or needs a spell, oops, there goes you back up hooker. Oh wait, we can bring Reynolds back on and he can fill the dummy half role, very funny.

So we let half the season go by just patiently waiting for something that may not happen.

As I have mentioned previously for some strange reason I respect the coaching staff's decisions more than yours.

Always a Bulldog
I think Reynolds could play some games 80, but again doesn't need to. Benji in his last season played 5 80 minute games in the same period/part of the season for Rabbit. No reason why Reynolds couldn't do something similar either.

You can have Topine on the bench that can cover hooker as well as second row. Unfortunately with Flanagan being so bad that he's literally unplayable with the little amount of options we have there needs to be some creativity.

The coaching staff can decide to start with Flanagan but he won't stay there for long. If everyone was a blind sheep like you there wouldn't be a forum.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand the opinions on Flanno but to choose a halfback who doesn't play every week or 80 mins is an absurd decision.
We have proof Averillo did a better job at halfback than Flanagan and he's a five-eighth/fullback/centre/runner.

BulldogAndy

Waterboy
Reaction score
josh heaps better and support from the crowd more in total more support for us in the gane

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We have proof Averillo did a better job at halfback than Flanagan and he's a five-eighth/fullback/centre/runner.
What proof do you have? Please answer, this ought to be good

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I understand the opinions on Flanno but to choose a halfback who doesn't play every week or 80 mins is an absurd decision.
And people wonder why I take the piss outta this joint, baby!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you really believe that Reynolds can make 40+ tackles and play 80 minutes in every game for 27 rounds plus Finals?

Always a Bulldog
Who was the last half to make 40 tackles ?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ciraldo thinks Flanagan is the best option for now. I don't know why...but I trust his judgement.
Averillo was passive at halfback and we struggled to score points. BBO would have the best option if it wasn’t for his injury. If Reynolds can play 80 mins a week he is the BEST option but he struggled to stay fit in Super league.

Maybe Brown can play at HB?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But Averillo isn't a choice in the pole, plus Ciraldo has plainly said many times that Averillo is playing centre. Of course you know better than Ciraldo, I keep forgetting.

What's the deal with Averillo anyway, are you going to have him come off the bench to replace Reynolds when he runs out of steam? Or are you going to switch him from centre to replace Reynolds and have someone else come on to replace him at centre? Who?

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But Averillo isn't a choice in the pole, plus Ciraldo has plainly said many times that Averillo is playing centre. Of course you know better than Ciraldo, I keep forgetting.

What the deal with Averillo anyway, are you going to have him come off the bench to replace Reynolds when he runs out of steam? Or are you going to switch him from centre to replace Reynolds and have someone else come on to replace him at centre? Who?

Always a Bulldog
There are many things we can do and they're all better than starting with Flanagan. 1 e.g. could be carrying Skelton and Topine on the bench (if moving Averillo from centre mid game). You can say that's too much disruption but Flanagan starting is a disruption. If you don't want to move Averillo you could have Perham on the bench who can play as a five-eighth. What exactly doesn't matter, there are options.

Unless you agreed with everything Barrett said and did (and might as well throw Pay and Des in there) you really need to stop being petty with your "of course you know better than the coach". It's a fact they get things wrong. Until coach and Flanagan/players change my mind this is what I'm running with.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno will definitely get the gig for the first few rounds, if it's not working, I'm sure CC will make the changes he thinks most appropriate

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are many things we can do and they're all better than starting with Flanagan. 1 e.g. could be carrying Skelton and Topine on the bench (if moving Averillo from centre mid game). You can say that's too much disruption but Flanagan starting is a disruption. If you don't want to move Averillo you could have Perham on the bench who can play as a five-eighth. What exactly doesn't matter, there are options.
That's an incredible argument to have when u say yourself you have no bias. I hate flann too but have little option but to play him and at least he can tackle. Cc will need to plan around this or force Burton out of his shell. Moving a centre mid game? We were doing this shit the last few years too and no other team does it AFAIK unless injury or suspension or chasing points

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's an incredible argument to have when u say yourself you have no bias. I hate flann too but have little option but to play him and at least he can tackle. Cc will need to plan around this or force Burton out of his shell. Moving a centre mid game? We were doing this shit the last few years too and no other team does it AFAIK unless injury or suspension or chasing points
I would be starting Reynolds with intent to play him 80 but obviously would need an option somewhere in case he can't (game to game dependent). Whatever that is doesn't really matter to me, just I know there's options, even if we need to be creative. Reynolds starting 7 is only a discussion because Flanagan isn't playable. Also I think playing another five-eighth would force Burton to step up.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle - Great defence, good support play, back up goal kicker and won't get in the way of Reed or Burton when we're in attack.
Josh - Great at tripping, good support play, good short kicking game, can fill in at hooker but will cause chaos in our attack and negatively affect the team during our more structured attacking play.

While we wait for a better 7 to arrive or emerge, I'd go Kyle. While I'm okay if Josh gets in at 17 to come on and spark something, I feel Nu Brown is coming into this season in better career form.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flano will be the halfback for the duration of the season, barring unforeseen injury. There's no point throwing around hypothetical scenarios involving less suitable players. It's a done deal. Signed, sealed and delivered, baby!