Josh Reynolds - I hope you're doing ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of hate on him at present and some justifiably so, but I hope the kid is doing ok. He was obviously very emotional afterward and will have a lengthy time to contemplate his actions, of which, I hope he has some support to keep his head in the right place.

He is a very passionate guy and needs to learn to keep that in check, harness it and use it as a strength. I agree with loads on here that passion doesn't excuse his actions but just remember he is a young guy with a lot of extra pressure post origin.

I for one feel better when he is in our team as I know he'll be busting his backside to win the game, he just needs some help to work on this and get back to the play we all know he is capable of.

At present, Mbye looks like a good option but lets not pin all our hopes on him either as he is very raw and obviously has loads to learn. We don't have anyone else putting their hand up so when he is back (maybe it is next season), I for one will be supporting him to the hilt, I hope you all do to.

After listening to Farah and the way his head was after recent weeks, these guys deal with pressure from fans, administrators and sponsors that 99% of us will never understand or experience and some will say they get paid loads to do this but that doesn't mean you have the necessary skills to handle it.

Try and put your emotion aside and support him at the moment, I for one hope the club has the right support network in place to make sure he has the necessary tools to get through this and come out stronger.

Some may criticize my thread and that's cool, we're all entitled to our own opinions but while the guy is a Bulldog I for one will be hoping he comes back bigger and better!

Josh Reynolds, I hope you're doing ok...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i hope he is okay, but at the same time i hope i never see him in a dogs jersey as he is the most overrated player in the league.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i hope he is okay, but at the same time i hope i never see him in a dogs jersey as he is the most overrated player in the league.
I'll tip my hat to that comment!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope that he is doing ok & makes a successful return.

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JR is human and we all make mistakes. Look at the likes of Hayne and how his whole team played last year. His supporters stayed behind him and now he is killing it. Yes we are passionate, but no matter what always support your players and the club, as we all can have a bad time and rise again. BULLDOGS FOREVER.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of hate on him at present and some justifiably so, but I hope the kid is doing ok. He was obviously very emotional afterward and will have a lengthy time to contemplate his actions, of which, I hope he has some support to keep his head in the right place.

He is a very passionate guy and needs to learn to keep that in check, harness it and use it as a strength. I agree with loads on here that passion doesn't excuse his actions but just remember he is a young guy with a lot of extra pressure post origin.

I for one feel better when he is in our team as I know he'll be busting his backside to win the game, he just needs some help to work on this and get back to the play we all know he is capable of.

At present, Mbye looks like a good option but lets not pin all our hopes on him either as he is very raw and obviously has loads to learn. We don't have anyone else putting their hand up so when he is back (maybe it is next season), I for one will be supporting him to the hilt, I hope you all do to.

After listening to Farah and the way his head was after recent weeks, these guys deal with pressure from fans, administrators and sponsors that 99% of us will never understand or experience and some will say they get paid loads to do this but that doesn't mean you have the necessary skills to handle it.

Try and put your emotion aside and support him at the moment, I for one hope the club has the right support network in place to make sure he has the necessary tools to get through this and come out stronger.

Some may criticize my thread and that's cool, we're all entitled to our own opinions but while the guy is a Bulldog I for one will be hoping he comes back bigger and better!

Josh Reynolds, I hope you're doing ok...
I'm not a fan of his but good on you for this thread.

I have been saying the same thing about him since he first came onto the scene, the guy needs to learn the meaning of controlled aggression and implement it.

He also needs to learn how to read the game being in the halves. He is all heart and no brains.

He didn't single handedly lose us the game but he sure did help us lose it.

He needs to be dropped and only return to FG once he shows he has matured . Otherwise, he is no help to the team and only a hindrance.

Like someone mentioned on here, I still have some faith in him because he actually cried after the game. If he didn't show emotion, I would of completely wrote him off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to give Reynolds some chance to mature on the field. He's still a young bloke and will get out of this rutt, trust me. He is a champion bloke off the field and needs some support. But on the other hand the more people heckle him the better he most probably will play.

His emotions on the field take over his skill. He needs to relax and stop panicking. The word there is PANIC.

Let's get behind him boys.

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to give Reynolds some chance to mature on the field. He's still a young bloke and will get out of this rutt, trust me. He is a champion bloke off the field and needs some support. But on the other hand the more people heckle him the better he most probably will play.

His emotions on the field take over his skill. He needs to relax and stop panicking. The word there is PANIC.

Let's get behind him boys.
Well said mate.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
We will be a poorer team without Reynolds. I too hope he is ok.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
The only passion and fire we have in our team at the moment is Reynolds and Graham.
Graham's task is simple.
Josh's is different to the extent that he has lead, organise the team on the paddock.
Give him 30kgs and he would be equal to Graham, if not better.
it looks as though he is trying to hard in the agression stakes and not concentrating on his organisational skills.
It also seems that Hodko and him dont compliment each other and either could be placed elsewhere.
Might be too much left field........JR at FB ? and give Mybe a go with Hodko

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Reynolds but he needs to think about his actions. His decisions are rushed and he tries to be a hero on every play, he needs to save that for when it is on.

I think starting this thread is good and I also hope he is ok but look at most other people in the world. If I abuse a customer in my business or don't do a good job I get told to piss off and I lose money. Reynolds gets paid to train and watch the game even if he is suspended for 10 weeks so he should consider himself lucky compared to most of the fans - he also has no-one to blame but himself that he is in this position.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Josh grows up one day. He thinks the world revolves around him, and it's hurting the team. If he can learn to be a real team player, instead of playing simply for his own ego (read lack of self-belief), he will understand that his deep need for acknowledgement and acclaim is doing much more harm than good. He's basically a good bloke, but not too bright.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I hope Josh grows up one day. He thinks the world revolves around him, and it's hurting the team. If he can learn to be a real team player, instead of playing simply for his own ego (read lack of self-belief), he will understand that his deep need for acknowledgement and acclaim is doing much more harm than good. He's basically a good bloke, but not too bright.
Yes, playing outside his era.
Would be an immortal now if playing outside Tom Raudonikis in the 70s.

He has got to channel his emotions, agression and passion for us in the right direction and take advantage those positive traits.

I would think that would come down to Des and his coaching staff.

Has he been let down?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I don't think he's egotistical, he just goes crazy under pressure.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gee you have no feking idea .............. Amazing blow it out of your arse comment.......... >:(

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love ya Joshy! Love how it hurts you to lose, and love to see how pumped you get for a win. Everyone has brain snaps, but it's how you come back and learn from mistakes that defines you as a player.

Hopefully you play your career out at the Dogs, and hoist the premiership trophy soon!

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
At least Reynolds was in there having a go, playing like the jersey means something to him. Others in the side need to ask themselves the same question. When you play for our club there's a high standard you need to live up to.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy totally lost it last night,
I am sure he is ok,

I hope he learns to control his stupidity,

Status
Not open for further replies.