Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like your thinking but 'if Foran gets injured' haha.....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds' body will barely go another two years. Why take a pay cut when the next two years will net him $1.6m? He won't get more than a two year deal elsewhere and if tigers don't contribute $500k at least, he'll have to play another four or five years to make that up. Dig your heels in Josh and enjoy the holiday at the tiger's for the next couple years.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs must be tossing it up, whatever he lacked in precision he made up in enthusiasm.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reynolds' body will barely go another two years. Why take a pay cut when the next two years will net him $1.6m? He won't get more than a two year deal elsewhere and if tigers don't contribute $500k at least, he'll have to play another four or five years to make that up. Dig your heels in Josh and enjoy the holiday at the tiger's for the next couple years.
300k starting 14. If his fitness is good enough and he's injury free can start at Hooker. Also can play 6 if Foran is out. More for what he is and what he can do off the field/culture for the younger guys.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
300k starting 14. If his fitness is good enough and he's injury free can start at Hooker. Also can play 6 if Foran is out. More for what he is and what he can do off the field/culture for the younger guys.

Please get that idea out of your head!
Please

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer whether to sign Reynolds is there when you say 'if Foran is out'. Haven't you learnt the risks of signing 30+yr olds with a major injury list longer than your arm? These type of players are never injury free going forward. As a hooker there's no chance. His shoulders are gone! There are way too many question marks on his physical capabilities especially when you consider how we were rag dolled by the Bronco's young, big and enthusiastic 20 yr olds. Josh's enthusiasm while was good years ago when he was injury free does not mean he is the same player today.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just no.

Grub, go to ESL...the grass is much softer over there

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every dog has their day and Reynolds had his day on his last stint with us. Its a no from me.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbie, Benji and JR. The Super league awaits.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The answer whether to sign Reynolds is there when you say 'if Foran is out'. Haven't you learnt the risks of signing 30+yr olds with a major injury list longer than your arm? These type of players are never injury free going forward. As a hooker there's no chance. His shoulders are gone! There are way too many question marks on his physical capabilities especially when you consider how we were rag dolled by the Bronco's young, big and enthusiastic 20 yr olds. Josh's enthusiasm while was good years ago when he was injury free does not mean he is the same player today.

The thing is even when he was injury free and had the best player in the world at the time (barba)behind a great pack couldn’t deliver us a premiership.

This crap about mentoring the young guys is stupid too!!!

The bloke isn’t that calm collected type to pass on good advice, how many times he try and trip players or throws a cut out ball that floats so slowly wither the player gets smashed or it lands in row 7.

I personally don’t think our club is that dumb

We want to become a powerhouse again and resigning josh would mean we are not after that and competing with the likes of the roosters..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs must be tossing it up, whatever he lacked in precision he made up in enthusiasm.
I keep remembering how he almost lost us our only win at Belmore with a stupid, illegal block that wasn't warranted. His propensity to throw out a leg to trip opponents is a liability if we're forced to play games with 12 on the field. Enthusiasm is only a plus if it can be focused, not scatter gun.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I keep remembering how he almost lost us our only win at Belmore with a stupid, illegal block that wasn't warranted. His propensity to throw out a leg to trip opponents is a liability if we're forced to play games with 12 on the field. Enthusiasm is only a plus if it can be focused, not scatter gun.
Already won a the first back to belmore game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was great, trips, chair kicking, throwing the ball out but lets just remember the positives, he could wind the boys up, we miss that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck it.

Get the bloke in and offer him a starting hooker role.

Enough is enough.

He'll show people the passion that is required to be a Dogs player.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck it.

Get the bloke in and offer him a starting hooker role.

Enough is enough.

He'll show people the passion that is required to be a Dogs player.
I'm sure he will bring passion to the rehab group.

Kulzie

New Pup
Reaction score
Last night on the 9th of May 2020 I saw a newspaper article in the paper that Josh Reynolds may be coming back. As I read it put me in two minds so I searched for this post. On the one hand I loved his enthusiasm and the way he impacted on the other boys. There was never a ball he wouldn’t chase down and we need that back in our club.

On the other I have to agree with the other posters on here that say he is getting on in football years and he has become injury prone.

So in saying that I would take him back in a heartbeat but would not be upset if nothing comes of it as we do have up and comers that will (if they can mature into great players) benefit the club in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.