Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it before & I'll say it again-

I love what Josh done for us when he was with us & I think we got the best of Josh when he was here.
In saying that, taking him back now would totally be a step in the wrong direction - although it hurt when he left it was the right time to part company when we did.
Unfortunately for Josh he has been very unlucky with injuries since he has left and with his age he is too big a risk.

The equation is almost as simple as saying - take Josh back at the expense of Wakeham & Lewis for example, cause that's roughly what it might cost.

Young talent is the way forward - short term pain for long term gain.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks, would rather a real young hooker with some speed from dummy half who tackles with his hands not his feet and who won’t be another Foran, injury prone.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn’t suit this board’s model of a prop and goal kicker....

Hooper is a Tigers fan, no shock he is “pushing” this “ideal situation” for the Bulldogs. Hooper is a “shandy” off going and getting fucked thanks.

Reynolds, loved him in his mid 20’s and his energy playing for us, but we need to be serious and rebuild, and that ship has sailed thanks.

No hate to reynolds, but not again.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers must have someone else big lined up, but i cant see anyone taking even half of joshs freight at 400k in the nrl.

Id rather sezar if it came to that.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He cant tackle certainly not at hooker

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The problem is we have too many back up two bit. halves already.
Wakeham
Lewis
Stimson
Cogger
Brown
Foran
We also have Holland and Hoppa who could fill in at 5/8 if they needed too.

Yes I get that’s all of them may not be there next season, but only Nu Brown is likely to be chopped.

Foran also a guarantee when fit.

-Nasheed

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
On an up and coming hooker. Players like Braileys, Turpin, Liddle etc. They may not be top shelf 9's in some cases but will definitely play more than 9 games in 18 months.

I know some love to think of fairytale endings but it's time people see past that and consider what's best for the club, signing an aging injury prone utility at $350k would be a waste of cap space. I doubt he could even play 80 minutes at hooker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love him, but we really need to be going after Turpin. If we don't get Turpin it could be an alternative instead of keeping Lichaa. Reynolds' body is towards the end of his career tho.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not Farah?
Old sure, but has creativity and cunning. Don’t think tigers want him. Cheap for a year and reassess 2021. Nasheed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NO THANK YOU..

It’s time for a new era, time to move on..!!!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely!

Would be a godsend to instil grit into the majority of the puppies in our squad

Club should jump on it ASAP as Tigers will be forced to pay a major chunk of his salary

Status
Not open for further replies.