Josh Reynolds contract?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible and diabolical are very harsh choices of words. He actually added spark to the tigers when fit....I remember a number of games where he came on as a sub and lifted their attack. The issue was his body let him down and he was unable to justify the money the tigers threw at him. His time at Hull was even more injury plagued, but he was playing as a starter there... he is probably more suited to a bench utility role at this stage. He still did some good things while he was on the paddock. He also brings experience which we are sorely lacking in our spine. i know Brown is a bit more experienced now, but he can't compete with Reynolds in terms of experience... and certainly not in big game experience. Experience in the spine is one of the biggest issues with our roster and if JR can come on for even 10-15 mins a game and add some experience and enthusiasm, I think we will benefit from it.
Yep i remember a couple of those games he was strapped up to the hilt and still put spark into thier team set up a try pretty well straight after he came on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep i remember a couple of those games he was strapped up to the hilt and still put spark into thier team set up a try pretty well straight after he came on.
Exactly....he makes things happen and he energises the whole team.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I'd need more time in the oven before I'd buy Crichton on fullback coin, fam.
Once upon a time I would agree until somebody said to me, the cap is consistently going up and at some point the best centers in the game will cost around 800k and FB money will be much more than that.

By the time Papali'i is ready you have one of the best centres in the game on decent coin and a cost effective FB.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to both JR and Nu Brown, from I saw of them at the Tigers, they both are capable of coming into the team of the bench and spark something.

Let's face it. The rest of the halves (Burton - Flanno) didn't spark anything other than forcing the occasional Spilt bomb.

So before we question the effectiveness of JR and Nu Brown, let's make sure our starting halves can create for us rather than look towards the bench for answers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's face it. The rest of the halves (Burton - Flanno) didn't spark anything other than forcing the occasional Spilt bomb.

So before we question the effectiveness of JR and Nu Brown, let's make sure our starting halves can create for us rather than look towards the bench for answers.
I guess you were watching something else all of the times that Burton put in cross field kicks that led to tries and line breaks for Addo-Carr, sometimes deep in our own half.. Or when he created chances through chip and chases and grubbers.. Or when he'd just break the line with his running game and created opportunities that way..

He had 14 try assists last season. To say he can only cause errors off mid field bombs is ridiculous.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess you were watching something else all of the times that Burton put in cross field kicks that led to tries and line breaks for Addo-Carr, sometimes deep in our own half.. Or when he created chances through chip and chases and grubbers.. Or when he'd just break the line with his running game and created opportunities that way..

He had 14 try assists last season. To say he can only cause errors off mid field bombs is ridiculous.
Dont put the effort in, reading the post hes angling for 6. Reynolds 7. Reynolds.

He might need a game middle of the year, and maybe one or two off the bench. Bloke was trash in 17, he will be trash 6 years later. Mascot material

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure the whole team being shit in 2017 had nothing to do with it.

Always a Bulldog
Ah yes u also remember the golden years of Reynolds 2012 to 17.
Cmon bro bloke was running into the crowd half the time crabbing across the field. Passion yes. Loves the club like a fan yes. Outside of that hes our mascot

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gotta fill the squad with some minimum wagers... as if he was gunna say no
your hate for JJ is unrelenting cap, i agree i dont think he play much first grade, he is there more to drive the culture and educate the young halves like KO.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
your hate for JJ is unrelenting cap, i agree i dont think he play much first grade, he is there more to drive the culture and educate the young halves like KO.
I agree on that. No hate. Just don't like the idea man. Younger boys def look upto him, but if the raiders brought back Terry campese or Sam Williams.
But yes maybe I'm a touch too harsh

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree on that. No hate. Just don't like the idea man. Younger boys def look upto him, but if the raiders brought back Terry campese or Sam Williams.
But yes maybe I'm a touch too harsh
Nah, I think your apprehension is fine.

We can all talk about the positive influence he'll have on the team, but in reality he's there to play firsts not just to be good in the dressing room.

CC is untested as a first grade coach, so it's normal we all have our worries and I think your doubt towards Reynolds is well placed.

In saying that, I defo am excited for him and hope he takes the chance