Josh Reynolds contract?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One can express whatever opinion they wish on platform like this.
I disagree with you entirely about him “leading” at any stage of his tenure here. The way I remember that era Barber, Hodkinson, Ennis, Jimmy Graham were way more influential on the good results at the time.
How did he never get selected to play rep footy after being in the team that broke the QLD winning streak?
Thanks for your imput junior.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He hasn’t played hooker once at training or at any opposed sessions
It has always been right side half
The back up hookers have Been nu brown and tbag other young kid
Clarke

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
big call this could come back to bite easily
What happened to your superstar Brandon Clarke Steve? Couldn’t even make the 14 jersey lmao. Your so washed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why Reynolds triggers so many people. He's a great club man, has always been a great bloke off the field and gives maximum effort when he plays.

He's on minimum wage on a one year deal. He's there for experience and leadership and will most likely be purely a backup that mainly plays Reserves to help show the youngsters the ropes and to add to the culture that they're building. Just for the above alone, he'll add a lot to the squad. Welcome home Josh.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why Reynolds triggers so many people. He's a great club man, has always been a great bloke off the field and gives maximum effort when he plays.

He's on minimum wage on a one year deal. He's there for experience and leadership and will most likely be purely a backup that mainly plays Reserves to help show the youngsters the ropes and to add to the culture that they're building. Just for the above alone, he'll add a lot to the squad. Welcome home Josh.
You could see how happy the group was for him, he is obviously popular amongst them.After round 10 we can play people outside the top 30 anyway. I can't see a negative

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol if Ciraldo plays Brown over Reynolds, he’s even more cooked than I thought.
Have you seen him play the past 5 years? He is a great news story and will have an awesome impact on the group but if we are relying on grub to fill in at hooker, lock or half consistently throughout the year then we are in trouble. Nu Browns form last year was light years ahead of anything Josh has offered for many years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Have you seen him play the past 5 years? He is a great news story and will have an awesome impact on the group but if we are relying on grub to fill in at hooker, lock or half consistently throughout the year then we are in trouble. Nu Browns form last year was light years ahead of anything Josh has offered for many years.
I have.... he was very potent at times for the Tigers and Hull....his issue was injuries and not being able to stay on the paddock. I think in short stints there is a very good chance he could stay fit and offer the team quite a bit. He has a spark, infectious attitude and big game experience Brown just can't provide. And the boys absolutely love him. It's not just what he will do personally, but how he will lift the other players around him.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have.... he was very potent at times for the Tigers and Hull....his issue was injuries and not being able to stay on the paddock. I think in short stints there is a very good chance he could stay fit and offer the team quite a bit. He has a spark, infectious attitude and big game experience Brown just can't provide. And the boys absolutely love him. It's not just what he will do personally, but how he will lift the other players around him.
I agree about energy he can bring. Not sure he can sustain that though. He was terrible at the tigers and fkn diabolical at Hull. I always liked and admired Grub when he played for us at his best. IMO, he is well past that now. I hope I’m wrong cause I like his commitment to the jersey but he is too old to have energy as the central part of his game

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree about energy he can bring. Not sure he can sustain that though. He was terrible at the tigers and fkn diabolical at Hull. I always liked and admired Grub when he played for us at his best. IMO, he is well past that now. I hope I’m wrong cause I like his commitment to the jersey but he is too old to have energy as the central part of his game
Terrible and diabolical are very harsh choices of words. He actually added spark to the tigers when fit....I remember a number of games where he came on as a sub and lifted their attack. The issue was his body let him down and he was unable to justify the money the tigers threw at him. His time at Hull was even more injury plagued, but he was playing as a starter there... he is probably more suited to a bench utility role at this stage. He still did some good things while he was on the paddock. He also brings experience which we are sorely lacking in our spine. i know Brown is a bit more experienced now, but he can't compete with Reynolds in terms of experience... and certainly not in big game experience. Experience in the spine is one of the biggest issues with our roster and if JR can come on for even 10-15 mins a game and add some experience and enthusiasm, I think we will benefit from it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tigers got worse after he left and went into a shambles.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We’ve actually got plenty of halves depth this year creating pressure on all to play well may the best man win number 7

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Symbolic gesture. I ain’t mind it. I hope he gets to win a comp………………In reserve grade

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If CC is cooked you're severely well done, burnt to the bone.
I think I'd need more time in the oven before I'd buy Crichton on fullback coin, fam.