News Josh Morris upset by Cronulla’s refusal to release him to join Roosters

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not winning a comp at the Sharks and his only chance would be at the rorters which has been snuffed out, this is more about winning a premiership then playing along side of his brother, stiff shit I say.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I love these stories. Ex players openly talking about how they got this and got that under the table and yet none, none of them, even after leaving the Roosters have gone to the NRL with all this openly known information. I mean seriously. With all the mobile phones and footage of Footy players everywhere on social media, no one has recorded an ex Rooster player talking about getting paper bags and then taken that to the NRL? It's laughable.
You can live in denial all you want. I’ve heard it from the player himself and not as a joke but as convos in how many teams bluntly cheat.

Believe him or some delusional butthurt chook fan?

I’m not in denial. We cheated. I also have no doubt that many clubs where and have been for many many many years. Yours would be the worst.

Also it’s laughable you think Robinson is a reason. He’s a flop. He missed the 8 the one year his roster wasn’t the best in the comp.

Uncle Nic’s wallet is the only thing for them.

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can live in denial all you want. I’ve heard it from the player himself and not as a joke but as convos in how many teams bluntly cheat.

Believe him or some delusional butthurt chook fan?
Of course you'll believe him, he conforms to your bias. I'll bet if he said we didn't cheat you wouldn't believe him?

I’m not in denial. We cheated. I also have no doubt that many clubs where and have been for many many many years. Yours would be the worst.

Also it’s laughable you think Robinson is a reason. He’s a flop. He missed the 8 the one year his roster wasn’t the best in the comp.

Uncle Nic’s wallet is the only thing for them.
We won't need uncle Nick - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...arting-gift-for-his-club-20180927-p5068k.html

Politis certainly understands, though, that he can’t run the club forever and is preparing for the future. His end-game is to deliver a property portfolio worth $500 million before he finishes.

Politis knows his club can’t survive on poker machine revenue forever and wants to leave it in safe hands for the next custodians of the club.

“That should be any chairman's objective,” he said. “At the moment, our commercial property is valued at $120m and we have no debt. Next year, we will have $10m in cash in the bank. We’re in a very good position financially.”

But thanks for your concern.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Of course you'll believe him, he conforms to your bias. I'll bet if he said we didn't cheat you wouldn't believe him?

We won't need uncle Nick - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...arting-gift-for-his-club-20180927-p5068k.html

Politis certainly understands, though, that he can’t run the club forever and is preparing for the future. His end-game is to deliver a property portfolio worth $500 million before he finishes.

Politis knows his club can’t survive on poker machine revenue forever and wants to leave it in safe hands for the next custodians of the club.

“That should be any chairman's objective,” he said. “At the moment, our commercial property is valued at $120m and we have no debt. Next year, we will have $10m in cash in the bank. We’re in a very good position financially.”

But thanks for your concern.
denial at its finest.

Of course you will believe what a former player said. It suits what everyone already knows.

Oh except some butthurt troll? Cool

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
denial at its finest.

Of course you will believe what a former player said. It suits what everyone already knows.

Oh except some butthurt troll? Cool
lol @ what everyone knows, the only thing you know is that we are the best and you're part of the rest. I think when see butthurt you're looking in the mirror.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Plenty of other clubs have had rich benefactors over the years. The Broncos are owned by News Corpse and Melbourne were for years. The Warriors have had Eric Watson in their corner for a decade. Nathan Tinkler and the Naughts. You have the Gordon family and their ownership of Saint Merge. The West Tigers have Harry Triguboff. Manly have the Penns. Having a financial benefactor is not a new concept.
I'm sure if Broncos could have signed Cronk after Lockyer left they would have won a couple titles as well. It's all well and good to have money, but Politis has money and power. He's leaving a portfolio for the roosters when he's gone, that will be great for financial stability. However their influence on the game will waiver slightly due to the sheer influence of that man being gone. It's near impossible to replace the man imo... I hate the power he has as he's not helping my club and can agree that I wouldn't give two fucks about anyone else if he was helping us lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure if Broncos could have signed Cronk after Lockyer left they would have won a couple titles as well. It's all well and good to have money, but Politis has money and power. He's leaving a portfolio for the roosters when he's gone, that will be great for financial stability. However their influence on the game will waiver slightly due to the sheer influence of that man being gone. It's near impossible to replace the man imo... I hate the power he has as he's not helping my club and can agree that I wouldn't give two fucks about anyone else if he was helping us lol
The other factor in this is that even if he does leave them a good portfolio, there isn't any guarantee that his successor/s won't abuse it to increase their own wealth. I'm sure he'll have a legal team that tries to ensure that doesn't happen, but there's no guarantee that it won't be circumvented by the same lawyers that set it up alongside the people left in charge.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You see it happen with every company that has a great founder or great leader, and essentially this happens to countries too.

The foundations Politis will have laid for the Roosters will be successful for at least the next 3 to 5 years, but his influence will be absent, money only goes so far you also need someone who knows how to use the money correctly. But i still don't think the Roosters are the biggest problem, essentially if you can get someone like Politis behind your club you will end up there. If any one of us here was exactly like Politis, we would do exactly the same damn thing for the 'Dogs

The Broncos are substantially more worrying as they're backed by one of the most corrupt organisations in News Corp. They basically own the media coverage on the NRL and yet they also OWN a club in the NRL.

The Broncos teams of the late 1990s and early 2000s were absolute bullsh!t. They literally had 7 to 8 Origin reps in one team

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other factor in this is that even if he does leave them a good portfolio, there isn't any guarantee that his successor/s won't abuse it to increase their own wealth. I'm sure he'll have a legal team that tries to ensure that doesn't happen, but there's no guarantee that it won't be circumvented by the same lawyers that set it up alongside the people left in charge.
Don't quote me on this but I see Robbo as Nicks eventual successor. He should have a good enough handle on all the rorts by the time Nick wants to depart. :p

Robbo is not a Bennett imo as he won't be a life time coach. He'll eventually move into the administration side of the code at either club level or even the NRL itself. Robbo promotes the international game every time he can and is a huge advocate for the World Club Challenge game. And he's already smarter than half the ARLC. And he'll be in a position to protect us against cap investigations (thought I'd throw that one in before someone else does).

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking more like Greenberg would take over , if he is not renewed by the commission.
Don't quote me on this but I see Robbo as Nicks eventual successor. He should have a good enough handle on all the rorts by the time Nick wants to depart.

Robbo is not a Bennett imo as he won't be a life time coach. He'll eventually move into the administration side of the code at either club level or even the NRL itself. Robbo promotes the international game every time he can and is a huge advocate for the World Club Challenge game. And he's already smarter than half the ARLC. And he'll be in a position to protect us against cap investigations (thought I'd throw that one in before someone else does).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go back my original question, are you OK with everyone (friends, family, neighbours, relatives, charities, knowing, enemies and co workers) knowing your salary? Because that's what you are demanding of players.

Go Dogs
I understand the argument but while ever the cap is solely dependent on the players contract values as stated in secret to the NRL, there will be an argument that they should be published.

If the NRL’s mantra that they need a cap to even out the comp is true, Maybe they need to introduce minimum wage levels and restrict the number of “tier1” players in a top 30 squad.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand the argument but while ever the cap is solely dependent on the players contract values as stated in secret to the NRL, there will be an argument that they should be published.

If the NRL’s mantra that they need a cap to even out the comp is true, Maybe they need to introduce minimum wage levels and restrict the number of “tier1” players in a top 30 squad.
Basically a player points system, where each team is only allowed to have a certain number of any particular level players. Or you get say 50 points for the whole team and how you spend them doesn't matter as long as you don't have more than 50 points on the field at any time. Then we all get to fight over who gets how many points, I'm imaging the outcry when the whole Chooks team are rates are 1's :rage:

Go Dogs

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cronulla have let Josh Morris join the Roosters.

I guess that means Angus Crighton moves back to the second row.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Happy for Josh. If we don't win (which we won't) I seriously would like to see Brett and Josh win a premiership together. Josh really deserves to go out a winner.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i hear the bloke is a big sook....suffers from entitlement issues, hope the roosters fimish last phark em
So Happy for Josh. If we don't win (which we won't) I seriously would like to see Brett and Josh win a premiership together. Josh really deserves to go out a winner.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what i hear the bloke is a big sook....suffers from entitlement issues, hope the roosters fimish last phark em
Please explain how he is a big sook? I've never heard anything negative about him.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had enough of the rorters winning GF's, if we can't win the GF the rorters are the last team I want to see winning another GF, I'd like to see the cheating ***** run last but that's not happening but another GF with the rorters, hell no.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very good. Mr sooky has got his own way and the Roosters have signed yet ANOTHER international player as a cover for a no name......I am so over the lack of loyalty from both sides of the fence, the players and the clubs in this game. Fellas who played the game in days past no longer with us would be turning in their graves at this farce.

Go play with your brother Josh it will be a change from playing with your.....About nothing else but a premiership another reason for the NRL to want a three peat and another feel good story for the game.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Morris. Can do what he likes, nonissue from me