Opinion Josh Morris retirement

green_eyez

Waterboy
Reaction score
My favourite brother combination of all time. The Morris twins definitely deserve all the accolades they recieve and we didn't deserve to have quality human beings playing for our club, not after the way we treated them at the end of their careers. These boys should have ended their time in the blue and white but they were so good on and off the field that I was happy for them to play and succeed with any team even the roosters and thats saying alot coming from a devout canterbury supporter. Gus please find a way to bring these boys back to belmore in some capacity. Im desperate to see them don the blue and white post careers. Utmost respect to the Morris twins and may you have the greatest success in the future.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jmoz in my eyes will always be a bulldog. I was lucky to meet him quite a few times and have a drink with him as we share mutual mates. I have to say he is an absolute legend and top bloke on and off the field.He has been through the highs and lows with us and always gave his best. All the best to you in retirement mate. Wish you retired with us though and we were able to give you the grand final ring you deserve mate.

mandodogz

Waterboy
Reaction score
My favourite brother combination of all time. The Morris twins definitely deserve all the accolades they recieve and we didn't deserve to have quality human beings playing for our club, not after the way we treated them at the end of their careers. These boys should have ended their time in the blue and white but they were so good on and off the field that I was happy for them to play and succeed with any team even the roosters and thats saying alot coming from a devout canterbury supporter. Gus please find a way to bring these boys back to belmore in some capacity. Im desperate to see them don the blue and white post careers. Utmost respect to the Morris twins and may you have the greatest success in the future.

mandodogz

Waterboy
Reaction score

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One club players will become more and more rare and at the end of the day both Morris brothers were hardly knocking down the door to stay it was the opposite actually.
Well, we didn't make it too attractive for them to stay. Roosters offload non talents, we pick them up and Bulldogs offload champions and Roosters think, this is a deal. Morris twins, some of the best footy players to go around, yet somehow, we gave them to the Roosters. Towards the end of your career what would you do ?

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolute legend.
In his early years scored some great tries.
Felt frustrated for him when we started playing desball.
Yep 2012 should have won the comp.
At least he was involved in a minor premiership side

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, we didn't make it too attractive for them to stay. Roosters offload non talents, we pick them up and Bulldogs offload champions and Roosters think, this is a deal. Morris twins, some of the best footy players to go around, yet somehow, we gave them to the Roosters. Towards the end of your career what would you do ?
Mozzies are great, don’t get me wrong, but BMozz has only played 39 games in 3 years with Chooks. JMozz is better with 35 games in 2 years, but this year he has really looked like he played a year too long. We did offer them 1 year contracts which as history has proven was an absolutely appropriate timeframe. They wanted 2 years and went elsewhere to get it. Should we have offered 2 years, maybe for JMozz but definitely not for BMozz.

Always a Bulldog

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz in my eyes will always be a bulldog. I was lucky to meet him quite a few times and have a drink with him as we share mutual mates. I have to say he is an absolute legend and top bloke on and off the field.He has been through the highs and lows with us and always gave his best. All the best to you in retirement mate. Wish you retired with us though and we were able to give you the grand final ring you deserve mate.
Use to see Brett Morris often. I use to work with his wife.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Josh Morris J-Moz It is an absolute travesty that he wont get a premiership ring. World class centre. Speed to burn & probably the best defensive centre I’ve ever seen tbh. From about 2009-12 J moz won me heaps of bets for first try scorer. Josh & Brett are champion players.

Congrats Champ

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the greats. Champion player and bloke. We were so lucky to have him for so many years. Such a shame we couldn’t get him a premiership. All the best to him and Brett in retirement