Opinion Josh Morris retirement

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh Morris announcing his retirement and roosters hailing him as a club legend, the media hailing him as such a great club man for the tricolours. FMD they can’t claim him the bloke played 217 games for us and scored 103 tries here! I can’t forgive our board for letting him retire with the rorters and it will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. They steal star players like Cronk, Jmoz, SBW and claim them as heroes

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't care less tbh. Moved on to Cronulla, good luck to him, I don't think we offered him or his brother a deal from memory. Then whinged when at Cronulla because they signed another centre to get a release. Then went to onto the Roosters. The roosters mentioned his history in their press release.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already 3 threads on this ffs.

Ddrgaf either but he was good for us no doubt.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Josh Morris announcing his retirement and roosters hailing him as a club legend, the media hailing him as such a great club man for the tricolours. FMD they can’t claim him the bloke played 217 games for us and scored 103 tries here! I can’t forgive our board for letting him retire with the rorters and it will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. They steal star players like Cronk, Jmoz, SBW and claim them as heroes
Why do you care about what the media think?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't we get him on a loan for the last game or his he injured?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a young fan probably the best and most consistent player I’ve seen in the blue and whites sucked to see him move on and no one give him the credit he deserved until he joined the chooks huge shame he never won a comp for us

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Both Brett and Josh were fantastic for us for many years, Josh was here for the majority of his career, great bloke on and off the field.

They needed a change of scenery and are probably lucky to have left when they did.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still remember the day i seen the official announcement that we signed josh Morris
I was over the moon we finally got some speed in our backline
I always loved the players we signed in 2008/2009 and none more than Morris. He loved the club and had plenty of opportunities to go back to the dragsons and rejected them

we went from wooden spoon to preliminary finals in one off season

Kimmorely morris goodwin eastwood ennis stagg hannant hodgson also yileen gordon had a decent year that year

The 2009 year wiped away the disaster of 2008 real quick

Hope we get the same feeling next year