Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if alot of sharks signings all of a sudden own a new appointment in that new development mmmm

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for time. NEXT!
Yeah I'm with you. Respectable bloke, plays his heart out and can't really blame him for leaving. Good guys like him deserve every cent they can get.

Now that's said, not really upset he is gone. More worried about the massive pile of shit despot left us to clean up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The whole team has bloody left. We have an isp team running around. Every other nrl team has more star players than us. How the heck are we still in a cap mess? How the heck can cronulla afford jmoz. Wth is going on?
The optimist in me is saying this clean out is all done to get one superstar and a few decent players to compliment him.

May be just wishful thinking....

OR

We are in deeper shit than the club is letting on.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know what.... I reckon Holmes is as good as gone to Cowboys, and that's why they've signed Josh.

Holmes wants to play fullback, Cowboys haven't re-signed Coote.

Think about it.

Can someone explain the sharks salary cap to me
Let Maloney go and paid a shit load more for Moylan around 800k
Dugan 800k
Holmes 800k
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Graham
Fafita
Surely their on 600k ,

That's nearly 5.5 mil
That's leaves 22 more players to fit under the 9.4 cap
Which averages 177 k
So the likes of chad townsend, premiership winning half
Luetele
Bukuya
Prior
Segearyo
Etc in fucking chips
If a bloke lets his team inject himself with illegal substances I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck about the cap
Flanagan claims that they have cap space because they get other clubs to pay part of their players salaries.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It won’t be long until Klemmer and Jacko leave. the club should hold on to there long serving players FFS

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares! They're 32 in August and both injury prone. They only got fit this year cause they are off contract and hungry for a few more bucks. Anyone at the club will tell you the morris boys look after the morris boys. Thanks for your service.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I am happy J Moz is staying in the NRL, I hate him going to the Sharks as every time a player comes off contract the Sharks always seem to have room in their cap, are they the new Broncos or Rorters of the comp...? It's funny how Flanagan has a sook when one of their players leave and he complains how the salary cap is against them and clubs steal their players blah blah blah ... well let's look at the Sharks, their side is build up almost 70-80% from other teams juniors !!!! I am starting to hate the Sharkies more and more!!! BUT I am happy J Moz gets another contract good on him just wished the NRL could do more with long term players as J Moz deserves a swong song with us!!!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is he let go.. salary cap cannot be the excuse

The Morris boys were immense on Sat night, forget the last try

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our cap is not that bad, thats not physically possible to have gotten rid of practically everyone and still be over the cap limit or atleast tight. Ridiculous!!!!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why is he let go.. salary cap cannot be the excuse

The Morris boys were immense on Sat night, forget the last try
If it's not the cap then what?

Age?
Injury prone?
Close to wrapping up a better player?

Like I mentioned before, I hope we aren't in deeper shit than the Club is letting on.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If it's not the cap then what?

Age?
Injury prone?
Close to wrapping up a better player?

Like I mentioned before, I hope we aren't in deeper shit than the Club is letting on.
Surely there only 2 players that would possibly be on 800k plus in jacko and klem. Foz is the only duck up left.
Sure we are paying maybe 500k combined for mbye n woods but at 10million we have to have something to spend . It doesnt make sense, i will quote gus "its mind boggling "

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We did not have the money to give him a decent contract. It is better we invest in young players and the future.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what.... I reckon Holmes is as good as gone to Cowboys, and that's why they've signed Josh.

Holmes wants to play fullback, Cowboys haven't re-signed Coote.

Think about it.

Flanagan claims that they have cap space because they get other clubs to pay part of their players salaries.
Woods was the only bloke contracted, everyone else they have signed was off contract so another club wouldn't be paying.....

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Morris is leaving and has signed a 2 year deal with Cronulla.

Really angry about this

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is hard for us to comprehend because our cap is so fucked through total mismanagement. Other teams manage it way better than we have and thus end up so much better than we are.
Do they manage there cap?.
I’m thinking now that they don’t it’s hit and miss. Nrl does nothing to prevent this from happening. They either know and tend to ignore for bad publicity or there incompetent. Take your pick

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is hard for us to comprehend because our cap is so fucked through total mismanagement. Other teams manage it way better than we have and thus end up so much better than we are.
Because of the our crap previous management our club has no choice but to make the necessary sacrifices. We will end up with a team mainly off young players and juniors and that’s not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.