Josh Morris chokes back tears in post match interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing Josh choke back tears is humbling for Bulldogs fans. A true Bulldog. Good to see a player who’s heart was in the club. No coincidence he was the one to lead the team song. Will miss this bloke.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad that the salary cap forces these kinds of moves on loyal players. I've been sad that quite a few players left to finish their careers elsewhere. But he gave us so many great memories through his years here and despite finishing elsewhere he'll always be a Bulldog to me. Same as Steve Price and O'Meley to name just two.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des, Dib and Castle should be made to answer for what they did. There lies, manipulation and corruption led to this. Both his and Brett's experience would have been of value to the younger players.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad that the salary cap forces these kinds of moves on loyal players. I've been sad that quite a few players left to finish their careers elsewhere. But he gave us so many great memories through his years here and despite finishing elsewhere he'll always be a Bulldog to me. Same as Steve Price and O'Meley to name just two.
He was a True Bulldog to us and he will be missed big time. You can tell how upset he was and just want to wish him well next year as hope he stays injury free.
Good luck Josh and thank you for the great games you have played for us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would rather we kept him than sign CHN.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t believe it’s been ten years next year since him and Goodwin doing thay thang.

Regardless. I guarantee you that we are going to miss Josh severely and not prioritising him as a signing I’d going to haunt us big time.
I think the fact he is a twin made it psychologically hard because if they showed josh love and Brett no love it could get awkward.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone got a clip of him leading the team songb

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it true Josh is only on 210k a year on Cronulla?

Can't remember where I heard that figure (radio I think) but I heard it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great servant to our club but we can't build for just two years we have to rebuild for the next 5yrs. Unfortunately these are the tough decisions that need to be made.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true Josh is only on 210k a year on Cronulla?

Can't remember where I heard that figure (radio I think) but I heard it.
Morris and officials had said that the Dogs offered him a contract that was tempting but it was only for 1 year the sharks offered him two. Earlier in the year we probably thought he only had one more year in him but how he played in the last game maybe he does have 2. But I do think he is probably 1 bad leg injury from retirement. I think the dogs probably thought the risk was small for 1 season but 2 risk was higher and didn't really have the money to risk it.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate how our players have to go retire elsewhere. Steve Price, Mick Ennis, James Graham, Jmoz, to name a few. It's such a shame. For people who are going to jump up and down and defend this policy, we have nothing to show for it.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These two will leave a massive hole in our defence so sad to see them go,good luck and thank you .

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.