Opinion Josh Mansour

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Ready's mail tonight? They were talking about Crichton. Unfortunately I was driving at the time and as soon as the segment started I drove into a carpark and lost the signal so I missed the end of it.

From what I heard he said Penrith were going to restart negotiations with him after Origin and they were very confident of keeping him. I just cant see us getting him unfortunately. I think it's a fantasy rumour started by a desperate Dogs fan....but I'm happy to be wrong
Yea I doubt it unless we offered big bucks they seem a tight group the young panthers boys think they’re happy where they are

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the way he is always contesting kicks; something our team really lacks.
Could form a great combination with Flanno.

He's a great player, but gives me a bit of the James Roberts vibe.
Hope he keeps his head on straight.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love the way he is always contesting kicks; something our team really lacks.
Could form a great combination with Flanno.

He's a great player, but gives me a bit of the James Roberts vibe.
Hope he keeps his head on straight.
Hes always had his head screwed on, his dad would give him a hiding if he fucked up

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, since all the info has stopped- I'm going to take a wild stab at what's going on behind the scenes.

So.... what I think from all the info that's been shared is this

We have a verbal agreement with

Matt Burton & Brent Naden.

The reason they haven't been announced or finalised as yet is as simple as these few points...

As they are both contracted for 2021 with Penrith, we must be pushing hard to have them released for 2021 to us.
If we were simply looking to have them both on board from 2022 & beyond, then announcing their signatures probably would have happened by now as there are no restrictions for 2022.
This is a good thing as it tells me we are certainly planning to have them for next season......YIPPEE!!!

Further to all this, in order of preference to Penrith, Burton sits behind Luai & Naden sits behind Crichton.

So, before Penrith allow either Burton & or Naden to be released from their contract early, they want to ensure that they have both signatures of Luai & Crichton to long term contracts as they are both off contractfor 2022.

As both Luai & Crichton are in the origin camp, they have both agreed to new terms with Penrith, but won't physically sign their new deals until they leave the Blues camp. If either of them fail to commit then Penrith will hold onto their fall-back plan keeping them for next year & negotiate hard for a new contract.

Anyway, that's how I'm reading it.

I can't wait until origin is over.
So, I woke up this morning & had a thought that maybe it is not Naden that Penrith will release to us.

I hope it is Burton & Naden, but maybe the Panthers are looking to offload Dean Whare & keep Naden.
I really hope Baz doesn't go this way, but from a Penrith point of view it would make more sense to them that in return for releasing Burton early then we must take Whare off their books also who is contracted to them for one more year & they need salary cap relief.
I hope not, but it would make sense from a Penrith point of view & at the moment they hold the cards.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, I woke up this morning & had a thought that maybe it is not Naden that Penrith will release to us.

I hope it is Burton & Naden, but maybe the Panthers are looking to offload Dean Whare & keep Naden.
I really hope Baz doesn't go this way, but from a Penrith point of view it would make more sense to them that in return for releasing Burton early then we must take Whare off their books also who is contracted to them for one more year & they need salary cap relief.
I hope not, but it would make sense from a Penrith point of view & at the moment they hold the cards.
Panthers have made no attempt to get naden on a new deal his manager has said so himself. He is definitely someone we can target and I can see a deal happening.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers have made no attempt to get naden on a new deal his manager has said so himself. He is definitely someone we can target and I can see a deal happening.
Like I said, I hope it is Naden - but we don't always get what we want.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Naden would be a good buy, obviously has some issues but would be a good option as he gives us cover at both centre and on the wing.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So when is the announcement???
Josh Mansour WILL NOT be coming to the Bulldogs.

There is ZERO CHANCE in hell that he will be coming.

Josh Mansour is no prerequisite for Matt Burton to come over

ZERO CHANCE.

Mansour will be either at the Tigers or Souths.

Once again to the blind and illiterate - Josh Mansour WILL NOT be at the dogs

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i thought Penrith already told Naden he is free to look elsewhere for next season, just like they did with Mansauce.

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think we're a good chance at snagging Brent, given that Panthers didn't open early negotiations to re-sign him

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Like I said, he gives me a James Roberts vibe.
The very next day, he enters rehab.
He put himself in there. For someone to acknowledge they have a problem and act on it straight away should be applauded. If he didnt have his head screwed on he would still be drinking away not caring about anything. Good on the lad for trying to better himself.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Josh Mansour WILL NOT be coming to the Bulldogs.

There is ZERO CHANCE in hell that he will be coming.

Josh Mansour is no prerequisite for Matt Burton to come over

ZERO CHANCE.

Mansour will be either at the Tigers or Souths.

Once again to the blind and illiterate - Josh Mansour WILL NOT be at the dogs
Thank fuck for that... just because he’s Lebanese doesn’t mean he has to come to us.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He put himself in there. For someone to acknowledge they have a problem and act on it straight away should be applauded. If he didnt have his head screwed on he would still be drinking away not caring about anything. Good on the lad for trying to better himself.
Of course I am glad he has taken steps to help himself, I was just saying I got that vibe and it turned out true.
I truly wish him the best, he has a tonne of talent, I don't want to see another talented kid throw it away.