1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

OLD Josh Mansour wants out of Panthers

Discussion in 'Rumour Archive' started by Vlasnik, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Griffin seems to have alot of problems interacting with players gould seems to be denial

2. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

I like Carr but damn he has some stupid mistakes in him...

3. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

I agree about Griffin being sacked before they let go of good players since he seems to piss off plenty of the playing group. And I think Hasler would be a strong possibility of replacing him and doing a good job with them. One of Haslers biggest weapons used to be that he manipulated decoy running very well and his game plans since then to me would go better if he could finsh the sets with a stronger variety of kicking options. He did best when he had a strong attacking fullback and good general play kickers which he would inherit if he took over the Panthers coaching. I think that after being sacked he will be looking for a side that he doesn't have to rebuild. I think the panthers could use a few good forwards, but aside from that they've got a good backline and some class in the halves so if he got the chance to coach them i think he'd take it eagerly.

Agreed. But on the plus side Mansour has a beard while Morris doesn't. Beards are the new Poly tats these days Natboy.

I wouldn't really want another high priced winger when we could probably pick up someone pretty good without the price tag. I think that there are plenty of players round that could be recruited without the price tag who have plenty of talent. Mansour has loads more hype at this stage of his career and we're likely to lose him for the occasional origin and international game (if he's fit) so it would be a poor decision to sign him. The only big positive with him is his runs early in the set. Aside from that I'd prefer we let B-Moz play out his career here and preferably nurture a young talent or recruit a talented youngster who is begging for a chance to break into the NRL. I think Montoya will be due for a big upgrade when signing his next contract and I think B-Moz has enough left in the tank to do well this year, so Pay should be planning for life after he retires while he has a year or more to scour the market or earmark a junior to take over. If our salary cap issues have highlighted anything to me it's that we should be looking to get really god value out of our players over the next few years. I'd say that you'd pay an extra 200k to 300k to recruit someone like Mansour because he's got a really high profile.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

Well during the season I heard so many times from Phil Gould that the Bulldogs shouldn't sack Des & it was the players not the coach. I love to see him get Des there & stuff up his club. I'm sure he would start to get the point then.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. sheep dog

sheep dog Forum Regular

Phil gould is a shit cunt he deserves des

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

You're spot on Mr Gould, we shouldn't sack Des because he is doing such a good job at destroying our club, (I'm stating what I believe to be true) after all you know and we all know how astute you are at analysing teams players and coaches.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

Spot on sheep dog, is your best friend is a Kelpie like mine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

I believe that Bergamin could make it if he bulked up a bit and with proper coaching which would not have been possible under Hassler, same as for Carr.

9. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

Bergamin is already solid... Massive legs on the kid and I think he'd be better suited as a centre. But as you said its a completely different scenario now at the club so next yr will paint a better picture.

10. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Have Mansour on the other wing as Brett Morris will most likely leg it after this year.

11. Malla

Malla *********

If Mansour learns to tackle he would be a good back rower.

12. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

I have him as an attacker. He sort of acts like a second back rower anyway off the kick return.

13. Malla

Malla *********

Can make a better transition than Mata'utia at Newy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.