Opinion Josh Jackson

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJ has been a great player for us, and a reasonable captain, but am I alone in thinking that his best days are well and truly behind him? He has contributed zero this year, and has been on the decline for years. He used to be a SOO mainstay, but there are so many better backrower then him these days.
He has definitely suffered due to our teams performances and general decline, but these are the times when you need your club captain, your club leader, to really stand up and show the rest of the squad what they need to be doing. He is simply not having any kind of impact at all.
I hope that he can find form soon, and that our team can find form as well. But if he doesn't show us the player he is soon, as in the next few rounds, then I no longer have him in our starting side. He just isn't offering anything for mine.
Many people will blame our halves and or coaching, but as much as these things contribute, he has also got to be accountable for his own form.
What are your thoughts guys?
Jacko is struggling at the moment,but that could be that he is really trying to hard,and not getting much assistance,from the rest of the team,he is playing in a squad that has no direction,I believe he is one of only 3 or 4 genuine first grade standard players that we have,sad but I believe it's true .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacko is struggling at the moment,but that could be that he is really trying to hard,and not getting much assistance,from the rest of the team,he is playing in a squad that has no direction,I believe he is one of only 3 or 4 genuine first grade standard players that we have,sad but I believe it's true .
I don't think he is trying too hard at all. Kind of the opposite. I don't mean to single him out as most of the team have been puss poor, but Jackson has always been so consistent, so it's quite sad to see him having zero impact on games anymore.
Hope he can turn it around and prove to us all what he is worth to the team.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel for Jacko. The poor bloke has had to see all his quality teammates be moved on elsewhere to more successful clubs, and has had to run out with mostly fringe first graders. Probably thinking he will never win a premiership now so what’s the point in giving it your all

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said that early last year when we played the roosters round 2 and was shot down and called a “non-fan”.

games passed him and taken a toll on his body

has zero offload skills, can’t run a hole to save his life, gets dominated by opposing halves, slow as Fcuk and goes mia lately in games.

for 700k we could’ve purchased 2x very good 350k players 10 years his youth

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Myself and others have said this for seasons but like Croydon Dog said, the minute you suggest it, people react as if you insulted their mother.

It's been apparent that he's been on a steep decline for years. Defensive second rowers with limited physical attributes and no attacking game generally don't age well. Nor has Jacko. It was questionable to re-sign him for three seasons at 500k plus when he hasn't performed well consistently for years now..
From the time and year he missed origin
He was good as gone
Funny thing is a muppet coach in Laurie Daley can see he’s passed it yet our club can’t

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally think JOsh could've been sold some time ago, but it's so hard to judge him right now as he really don't have good players around him to show his best. Clearly the coaching side of things isn't doing him any favours either, so I think it's rough to say he's past his best.

I'd like to see him with more quality in the team to take that pressure off him. He hasn't been playing well, but I honestly would give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the Morris boys in their final years here, Jackson isn't getting good ball like he used to, and that's on the halves and the players around him, the last time he was really dangerous is when he had a good partnership with Brenko on whatever edge it was that they were on. So at the moment he's only really tackling and making hit ups, is that on him? Maybe, but we can't know if the players around him are giving him the ball at shit times.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like the Morris boys in their final years here, Jackson isn't getting good ball like he used to, and that's on the halves and the players around him, the last time he was really dangerous is when he had a good partnership with Brenko on whatever edge it was that they were on. So at the moment he's only really tackling and making hit ups, is that on him? Maybe, but we can't know if the players around him are giving him the ball at shit times.
It's not all on him, but he could be a lot better. Have you seen him do anything great this year? Yet if you look at our roster, he would be in our top few players. Yet he is nowhere to be seen.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JJ would look alot better if the players around him were playing like First graders.. Feel sorry for him tbh..

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has to play lock and sure up the middle of the field,offers nothing on a edge

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Literally hundreds of comments have been made stating the exact same thing, but now you've said it pay will definitely listen.

Cheers Dave

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s only averaging around 7 hit ups a game so his attack is non existent

Getting through plenty of work on defence but overall his game has gone to shit

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Way past his used by date.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was breaking the line last year so he should still have it, too early in the season after the break to say.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was breaking the line last year so he should still have it, too early in the season after the break to say.
He has been slow to find form early in the season for a couple of years.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll be keen to see what he can offer in attack this afternoon now that we’ve got Foran back in the team for him to run off.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Needs to move to the middle.
Edge forwards need to be able to play like centres or a forward in today's game. More so, now with the 6 again rule.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan copped so much criticism at the end of his career despite playing at a decent level yet Jackson gets away with worse performances week in week out. The kennel just is not consistent.