Josh Jackson set to sign four-year contract extension with Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JOSH Jackson will finally put pen to paper on a four-year extension at Canterbury in the coming weeks after his management met with club officials on Wednesday.

Jackson’s manager Andrew Purcell told The Daily Telegraph he received the clarity required to finalise the NSW back-rower’s future.

It’s understood he wanted further understanding around the final details of the contract, including clauses around the new salary cap in 2018.

Jackson’s looming retention is positive news for Canterbury, especially when you consider Purcell had admitted Origin I could become a potential auction for his services if talks with the Bulldogs stalled.

Thankfully this won’t happen and the final deal, worth a reportedly $2 million, should be officially announced by next week.

It will keep the keep Jackson at Belmore until the end of the 2020 season.

The Gulgong-born back-rower had attracted interest from a number of rival clubs, including Canberra, Penrith, Parramatta and Manly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/7b1b7abcd993f608be813ffde3a69bc3

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on really want to see a Bulldogs official announcement so I can relax on this one

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Need to have the ink dry on the contract and an official announcement to breathe easy. Brilliant news if true and one of the first things I would be doing is to award the (C) to him as from next year. Have always said he would be the ideal Captain of the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't wat till 2020 when Mbye, Klemmer and Jackson are all off contract at the same time again lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on really want to see a Bulldogs official announcement so I can relax on this one
We're on the verge of making an official announcement, that were inching closer to signing him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The guy loves it here him and Klemmer were never leaving they would have both taken unders to stay ,both legends

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson appears like the type who appreciates the club for giving him a start and would play for less to stay.

That's hard to find nowadays so if he bounced any rival offers worth more then he deserves a standing ovation next home game (once he's signed of course haha).

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone pls tell me how parra was in the running for his services?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Jackson would let his work ethic and actions speak for themselves and that can also be attributes of a good leader.

in saying that, Graham is a tremendous captain and if he is available should remain as our team captain. You can't throw around the captaincy like a pair of overused undies.

My only issue with Graham is what ever happened to his pass before the line and offload? It's become non-existent. Is this potentially the Des factor?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what the fuck,

this announcement which has been repeated 4 times over the course of last 12 months.

Jackson hasnt signed with us YET, once he does, only then let us know.

We already know he is on the verge of putting pen on paper for last 12 months. FFS!

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
still no pen to paper just a lot of talk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jackson appears like the type who appreciates the club for giving him a start and would play for less to stay.

That's hard to find nowadays so if he bounced any rival offers worth more then he deserves a standing ovation next home game (once he's signed of course haha).
Spot on he will be with us for a long time. Like Cordner and the Chooks. Loyalty is a rare commodity these days but its great when its present at your club.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
what the fuck,

this announcement which has been repeated 4 times over the course of last 12 months.

Jackson hasnt signed with us YET, once he does, only then let us know.

We already know he is on the verge of putting pen on paper for last 12 months. FFS!
What's with the name change? I thought a new user had stolen your sig pic.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
you know what, as much as i admire jackson i dont think he'd be a good captain. hes not really a talker on the field and i cant see him asserting authority on anyone. i could be wrong...
This is the thing. The coach is the best person to choose the captain. You dont get rewarded the captaincy for being a good player, you get awarded it because you inspire your teammates through your actions AND WORDS. I dont have a clue if Jackson is a big talker. He would need to be an inspirational talker to be captain. I see him more as a quiet achiever who likes to go unnoticed. Captain material? - let the coach decide, but honestly I think it would be difficult to take it off Jammer. I just want Jammer to play a simpler game himself and let the halves be first receiver ALL THE TIME IN THE OPPOSITION 20. Let Jammer stand back and guide the troops and be the captain behind the play, going for an inspirational run when he sees an opportunity.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
you know what, as much as i admire jackson i dont think he'd be a good captain. hes not really a talker on the field and i cant see him asserting authority on anyone. i could be wrong...
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.