13. Josh Jackson

14. Jeremy Marshall King
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Chris Smith

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman should be the first to go, is the most useless problematic unit ive ever seen.
Jackson next, last spot on the bench at best.
Those two make elliot look like an imortal.
Dwz to fullback
No to DWZ at fb.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He tries hard no doubt. Inspirational for sure but he isn’t an edge player, not anymore. He kills our attack and is making more and more mistakes in defence. Put him at 13
There are so many backrowers that leave him for dead these days. Compare him to Kikau for example. He is undoubtedly on more money too.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to be moved to the middle, not a second rower anymore. I have no idea why this hasnt happened yet.
Hes not a creative ball playing lock either so im not sure where he fits in the team tbh.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, drop the heart and soul of the club, piss off legend, thanks for the blood sweat and tears but off you go now has been, Pangai jr will save us. Love you JJ.

Great fans.
Jackson has proven himself over the years, but his input and lack of impact has steadily declined. No player deserves their spot based oncreputation alone. Its quite simple, if your not performing, you get dropped. Sadly i think he needs that tap on the shoulder.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a lock not second row. It is Whoever is responsible for putting this roster together should go. The dogs now claim there is no additional cap money! For 3 years the message has been that because of past back ended contracts the money was committed until 2021 when finally all these past sins had worked their way out. Now we find this current roster is a full cap roster! Who is responsible for recruitment! It seems other teams can recruit and develop stars and the dogs recruit players other clubs don’t want. And for good reason. Having a dig at Josh Jackson is an insult. Consistently one of the best surrounded by easy beats. The dogs desperately need a coach who can teach them to tackle. Not this hands pawing rubbish. Move up and put pressure on. Dean Pay promised to deliver this but failed. It’s all very well hiring a halves coach in Barrett but defence wins matches.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Barrett see Jacko as a lock or second rower? If he wants to play him at lock move him there now. I still think lock is his true position.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has lost his effectiveness and has never been my favourite player as he’s too short BUT anyone questioning the blokes effort and thinking he only shows up to collect his pay cheque is very wrong

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is a lock not second row. It is Whoever is responsible for putting this roster together should go. The dogs now claim there is no additional cap money! For 3 years the message has been that because of past back ended contracts the money was committed until 2021 when finally all these past sins had worked their way out. Now we find this current roster is a full cap roster! Who is responsible for recruitment! It seems other teams can recruit and develop stars and the dogs recruit players other clubs don’t want. And for good reason. Having a dig at Josh Jackson is an insult. Consistently one of the best surrounded by easy beats. The dogs desperately need a coach who can teach them to tackle. Not this hands pawing rubbish. Move up and put pressure on. Dean Pay promised to deliver this but failed. It’s all very well hiring a halves coach in Barrett but defence wins matches.
What do you mean by full cap roster mate?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole year is and was always going to be a right off for us so I’d say it’s a bit rich having a go at JJ for yesterday’s game when we’ve been ravaged by injuries and suspensions, had to travel to QLD to play one of the premiership favourites. It’s more than just ONE player at fault here but hopefully we turn things around sooner rather than later. At least we’ll have Hopoate back in a few weeks and Meany can move to the wing. For the life of me I cannot understand how they continually pick Montoya on the team. He makes mistakes nearly every game is caught out of position on a number of occasions. It’s not fair on the team, club and fans to have him selected each week. He wouldn’t make FG in any other NRL team bar ours. He simply isn’t a first grade footballer but Bulldogs selectors seem to think otherwise. It’s a joke and embarrassing to have him in the side.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one has said we have no money for next year. Where did you get that idea from?
And Jackson has been very ordinary this year, and pretty average last year as well. I dont care if its the burden of the captaincy or the lack of onfield success, he is one of our highest paid players and he is not delivering on the clubs outlay. Simple.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you drop a guy who is on the books for two more seasons @ $750k a season?

And people keep saying Foran isn't worth $400k!!
I’m of the understanding that josh has 3 years starting from next season.
I always thought it was too long when announced at the time and unnecessary taking all things into consideration.
Two years would have been plenty.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This whole year is and was always going to be a right off for us so I’d say it’s a bit rich having a go at JJ for yesterday’s game when we’ve been ravaged by injuries and suspensions, had to travel to QLD to play one of the premiership favourites. It’s more than just ONE player at fault here but hopefully we turn things around sooner rather than later. At least we’ll have Hopoate back in a few weeks and Meany can move to the wing. For the life of me I cannot understand how they continually pick Montoya on the team. He makes mistakes nearly every game is caught out of position on a number of occasions. It’s not fair on the team, club and fans to have him selected each week. He wouldn’t make FG in any other NRL team bar ours. He simply isn’t a first grade footballer but Bulldogs selectors seem to think otherwise. It’s a joke and embarrassing to have him in the side.
Im not saying Jackson is solely to blame not by any stretch. But when certain other members are regularly scrutinized and criticised, some others seem to ot be. Jackson is one of these players. He is our captain, our leader, and one of the highest paid players on the team, and he simply isn't offering value for money.
As for Montoya, well yes he is an average player, but when our other options are Holland, Chrichton then its fair to say the coaching staff are not flush for options.