Josh Jackson needs to be dropped

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The issue with jacko is he seems to get a free ride and isn’t accountable,I remember when jmoz got dropped to reserve grade he came back a much better player,jacko needs a wakeup call hes in the comfort zone big time
Yep and thats the whole premis of this thread. I totally agree.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thomson has been solid but definitely not the game breaker I thought he would be.
I said I won't fully judge him until next season, but right now he is doing very little to ease a few of the concerns I had about him before he came over...his carries are just so ineffective while his defence is below average.

We needed a Paulo/AFB type..someone that would get our sets rolling and offload the ball and Thompson doesn't even look close to that and like I previously said looks far too reliant on someone else doing that and playing off the back of them. Hopefully we haven't made another expensive mistake...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson kills the attack. Hopefully Barrett tells Tolman to go and Jackson to get out of the way when we attack.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well excuse me for having an opinion that seems to also fit the general consensus on here right now. Youdont have to like it, or agree with it. Maybe you should just drop yourself.
You have an opinion and you're asking the forum if they agree with your opinion.

Obviously you dont like my response as its disagreeing with you.

Suck it up you big baby

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson should never be dropped and he would still walk into the starting pack of any other first grade squad.

And if he is disillusioned with this basket case of a club - the same club that has mercilessly shown the door to many of his best mates (to the team’s detriment) and a coach who made him captain and who he loved - it is completely understandable.
That's just silly. Perhaps you haven't watched many other teams this year? Objectively tell me what is Jackson's best attribute or skill, what does he do better than other backrowers?

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
Watch that first 20 minutes and tell me again how he gives it his all.
Crucify the dude for a poor 20min , must be the previous 4 seasons of busting his arse finally caught up to him , no other dog in the past decade has gone harder for the 80min on weekly basis , he ain’t finished

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Crucify the dude for a poor 20min , must be the previous 4 seasons of busting his arse finally caught up to him , no other dog in the past decade has gone harder for the 80min on weekly basis , he ain’t finished
Mate stop living in 2017, Jackson has been big average for about 2 years and barely 1st grade material this year.
This year he averages less than 85m per game, 0 line breaks, 0 tries, and he's made more errors than tackle breaks and offloads combined. .

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your kidding yourself
Hahaha

a poor 20 mins?

he has been poor for 3 years

This is why Nsw dropped him

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His body is just not up to it any more, we should be moving him on to SL. Best for both.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that shits me the most is he seems disinterested to the point at half time all the players were sitting around with their head up their ass. Jackson is the captain and should be into the young fellas to lift their game and fight hard in the second half.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing that shits me the most is he seems disinterested to the point at half time all the players were sitting around with their head up their ass. Jackson is the captain and should be into the young fellas to lift their game and fight hard in the second half.
In Jackson's defence he's never been a vocal captain and they knew that when they made him captain, he was always more of a lead by actions kind of captain, unfortunately his actions aren't very good these days.
The thing about people defending Jackson's form and playing ability at the moment is they're still hanging on to the nostalgia and sentimental value of Jackson circa 2015-2017. If someone like T rex had put up the same performances that Jackson has put up through 13 rounds this year those same people defending Jackson would be calling for T rex to be put out to pasture

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately have to agree.

Some have said he had a back injury and playing on thru loyalty.

Players and Clubs should know that is a dumb move and helps no one. If we were vying for Top 8 maybe, possibly, but not now running last.

JJ should sit out the next few games and give Doorey a go. Club know there is no CCup and Doorey is off contract this year. Our club is poor in player management.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately have to agree.

Some have said he had a back injury and playing on thru loyalty.

Players and Clubs should know that is a dumb move and helps no one. If we were vying for Top 8 maybe, possibly, but not now running last.

JJ should sit out the next few games and give Doorey a go. Club know there is no CCup and Doorey is off contract this year. Our club is poor in player management.
If he had a back injury he should've got it taken care of during the shutdown.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Jackson needs to sit out the rest of season.

Needs to get his body and mind fresh for a full preseason under Barrett, and hopefully a great 2021 season.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Time to move on. In the best interest of both player and club.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson is in the same boat as Cordner... both cooked... both should retire at seasons end...

At least Robinson rests Cordner... we should do the same