Josh Jackson needs to be dropped

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So give him the opportunity to lift his game, or use him more efficiently. And if the club is as “done” with Jackson as so many on here are, then it’s best he is given the opportunity to leave and find a new club so he can prove you were wrong.
I dont think anyone is suggesting we move him on, im not. But perhaps he would benefit from coming off the bench for a few weeks. See if he can provide some much needed income from there.
You say give him an opportunity to lift his game, but thats exactly what the club have done his whole career. To my knowledge he has not been dropped once since he solidified his starting spot.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No question about it.
Looks so stale, wants nothing to do with with rugby league.
Just collecting a cheque.
Jackson is not a second rower anymore
Should be moved to lock
He doesn't look like a captain, and it could well be effecting his form !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson has been playing like a 300-400k player imo.
Always has been. Always severely overrated by our fans and in reality should've been moved to the middle years ago. I know he's playing injured but these performances from him have been pathetic...hopefully he turns it around when he's fit but even then I doubt he will come close to offering anywhere near 700k value.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always has been. Always severely overrated by our fans and in reality should've been moved to the middle years ago. I know he's playing injured but these performances from him have been pathetic...hopefully he turns it around when he's fit but even then I doubt he will come close to offering anywhere near 700k value.
He seems to have stagnated some years back. He hasn't added any new dimensions to his game, and his biggest asset, his effort and great defense have deteriorated at the same time.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most people I speak to who are not dogs fans never rated him as SOO player, its pretty telling tbh

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the whole club has lost its aura over the years due to the lack of success on the field. Success breeds success.
He needs to lead but he's too politically correct to use negative reinforcement..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to be shopped - not dropped. We need to cut our losses. Diabolical decision to re-sign him for 4 years on $700K a season.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is not a second rower anymore
Should be moved to lock
He doesn't look like a captain, and it could well be effecting his form !!!
The speed of the modern game unfortunately means that if Jackson can’t play on edge he will struggle with the role of modern lock, he lacks the mobility & skillset.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue with jacko is he seems to get a free ride and isn’t accountable,I remember when jmoz got dropped to reserve grade he came back a much better player,jacko needs a wakeup call hes in the comfort zone big time

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue with jacko is he seems to get a free ride and isn’t accountable,I remember when jmoz got dropped to reserve grade he came back a much better player,jacko needs a wakeup call hes in the comfort zone big time
You could say that about majority of the team dallin kicking the ball out on the full on a kick off is unacceptable and the dumb look on his face after made me wish I was on the field with him wanted to break his face the guy is an absolute joke.tolman standing infront of jmk who was trying to get a kick away just sloppy and lazy the whole team is an embarrassment

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has been responsible for most of the tries we have scored since his return. 150k? Rubbish.
He has been responsible for milking the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs well over $3m over 3 years, playing 36 games thus far.

Marquee signing who flopped.

Rubbish is your knowledge of the game

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only dropping required is the OP.

Once the club finds a world class hooker and halfback, all the systems around will start to resemble a football team

Under no circumstances are we to re-sign Tolman & Foran

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The speed of the modern game unfortunately means that if Jackson can’t play on edge he will struggle with the role of modern lock, he lacks the mobility & skillset.
I think it's time to test him and find out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He seems to have stagnated some years back. He hasn't added any new dimensions to his game, and his biggest asset, his effort and great defense have deteriorated at the same time.
He should just call it quits for the year and start with his recovery. Throw Thompson out onto his edge...looks dead average through the middle and he surely can't do any worse than Jackson out on the edge right now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should just call it quits for the year and start with his recovery. Throw Thompson out onto his edge...looks dead average through the middle and he surely can't do any worse than Jackson out on the edge right now.
Thomson has been solid but definitely not the game breaker I thought he would be.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only dropping required is the OP.

Once the club finds a world class hooker and halfback, all the systems around will start to resemble a football team

Under no circumstances are we to re-sign Tolman & Foran
Well excuse me for having an opinion that seems to also fit the general consensus on here right now. Youdont have to like it, or agree with it. Maybe you should just drop yourself.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been responsible for milking the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs well over $3m over 3 years, playing 36 games thus far.

Marquee signing who flopped.

Rubbish is your knowledge of the game
Whatever mate. This thread is about jackson, not Foran. So if you want to have a sook about the previous administration and coaches decision to sign foran on a multimillion dollar contract, perhaps you can create your own thread and watch it be merged with the million others about the same thing.
I have an opinion on Jacksons contribution to our team currently, and most on here seem to share it.