Josh Jackson needs to be dropped

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson is in the same boat as Cordner... both cooked... both should retire at seasons end...

At least Robinson rests Cordner... we should do the same
Agreed, also the new rules don't suit either player

Reactions: GDR

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson is in the same boat as Cordner... both cooked... both should retire at seasons end...

At least Robinson rests Cordner... we should do the same
He is being rested, that's why his on an edge and not in the middle. First year into four years and your killing him in the middle for nothing. You'll probably seen him at lock ( no doubt a lock ) in 2021 under Baz. If Eliiot re-signs then he and RFM should be the edges with Stimpson pushing if he sticks around.

Doorey, Topine and Pitavao still to come too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard we need to drop or let go;
Jackson
Elliott
JMK
Katoa
Tolman
Stimson
Napa
Ogden
RFM
Smith
Britt

All this in the last two weeks alone!

So since we are left with only Thompson, who do you y'all suggest we replace these guys with?
Being critical is one thing but without a solution your rants are pointless.

It's as equally absurd as saying Newcastle should get ace ponga and spend that money on someone better. Of course they should. But who's better? Fuck even Andrew Johns would be worth swapping for someone better. But where are they?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard we need to drop or let go;
Jackson
Elliott
JMK
Katoa
Tolman
Stimson
Napa
Ogden
RFM
Smith
Britt

All this in the last two weeks alone!

So since we are left with only Thompson, who do you y'all suggest we replace these guys with?
Being critical is one thing but without a solution your rants are pointless.

It's as equally absurd as saying Newcastle should get ace ponga and spend that money on someone better. Of course they should. But who's better? Fuck even Andrew Johns would be worth swapping for someone better. But where are they?
There’s probably two players I would get rid of from that list.
Tolman because he’s days are numbered even though he try’s he’s heart out every week .
And JMK because he’s never going to be anything but a reserve grade hooker. The rest id leave for Barrett to work out ... which I’m sure he will if not already has.
BTW... I think Tolman deserves a bit more respect than he gets, sure he’s getting clumsy and we all hate him getting the ball on the 4th 10 out. But he’s there because no one else is,as the team is all over the place. He puts in week in week out . I’ve never seen him give up... unlike many others.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe this is a thread. What is he going to be replaced by? He is the one player in our team who could easily find his way into any starting team in the comp. As above his form is a true reflection of where the club is at.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t believe this is a thread. What is he going to be replaced by? He is the one player in our team who could easily find his way into any starting team in the comp. As above his form is a true reflection of where the club is at.
Or perhaps his form is a reflection of where his body is at and how the game has moved past him. Let's not pretend this is just 1 year of poor form, Jackson has been pretty average for a few years now and I fail to see a top 4 team where he'd be a starter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Jackson wasn't a stalwart, I don't think as many people would be defending him.

Sentimentality aside, what does Jackson do well on the football field these days? He can't pass. He has poor footwork. He doesn't have a fend or offload. He doesn't make metres. He makes no impact. His defence isn't what it used to be. He has no creativity...

Again, I know it sounds harsh to some because he's been at the club so long but if we were objectively looking at him as a player and he played for another club, no one would rate him and we'd laugh at that club for giving him three more years at 600-700k.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Jackson wasn't a stalwart, I don't think as many people would be defending him.

Sentimentality aside, what does Jackson do well on the football field these days? He can't pass. He has poor footwork. He doesn't have a fend or offload. He doesn't make metres. He makes no impact. His defence isn't what it used to be. He has no creativity...

Again, I know it sounds harsh to some because he's been at the club so long but if we were objectively looking at him as a player and he played for another club, no one would rate him and we'd laugh at that club for giving him three more years at 600-700k.
100% correct. As I said earlier if it was Tony Williams putting up the same performances peo p e would want him put in front of a firing squad and commentators would be all over him but because Jacko is a good bloke and a stalwart he escapes criticism. In terms of what he does well I'd say he tackles well but I wouldn't even say he's a good defender as he's got poor lateral movement and often makes poor reads in defence