Josh Jackson named Bulldogs captain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure Pritchard arrived before graham did and he was captain.

Also I don't think ennis was still on contract..

Sorry man I think your wrong with everything you just posted lol
He did by 1 year but Ryan was the captain then and then Ennis. Pritchard was regarded as a leader but was never the captain in his own right. in fact he only played a handful of games in the year he was co-captain and then it didn't happen the next year at all. Besides he played more years for the panthers than he did with us (7 to 4) . Not 100% on Ennis' contract but we did offer him one and he knocked it back - some captain - put himself in front of the club. So if he wasn't on contract and we offered him one and he knocked it back we hardly got rid of him so I'm still right aren't I.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He did by 1 year but Ryan was the captain then and then Ennis. Pritchard was regarded as a leader but was never the captain in his own right. in fact he only played a handful of games in the year he was co-captain and then it didn't happen the next year at all. Besides he played more years for the panthers than he did with us (7 to 4) . Not 100% on Ennis' contract but we did offer him one and he knocked it back - some captain - put himself in front of the club. So if he wasn't on contract and we offered him one and he knocked it back we hardly got rid of him so I'm still right aren't I.
I'm actually confused about what we debating now lol

Ennis did choose himself before the club even when he knew he only had a couple of years left in him.
I agree I consider Pritchard a panther more so then a dog and I think he played his best at the panthers, he was a wrecking ball in his younger days.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually confused about what we debating now lol

Ennis did choose himself before the club even when he knew he only had a couple of years left in him.
I agree I consider Pritchard a panther more so then a dog and I think he played his best at the panthers, he was a wrecking ball in his younger days.
Well you said that we had gotten rid of 4 captains and the truth is at best you could say Graham (and even he went for a better deal) was given an out but the other did it under their own steam. Bottom line is we didn't get rid of any of our captains.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wrong choice for captain?

I personally feel Foran should be captain just from watching him play

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Unfortunately we cant give it to someone that has been around for 5 minutes. YES it is affecting his performance so far but he'll improve.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, worked out well for Parra.
He's improved since then.
Unfortunately we cant give it to someone that has been around for 5 minutes. YES it is affecting his performance so far but he'll improve.
I don't see why Foran can't be captain ,
you also don't just make someone a captain because they're good at their immediate job.

Captaincy involves a different set of skills which are more inherent than taught.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's improved since then.

I don't see why Foran can't be captain ,
you also don't just make someone a captain because they're good at their immediate job.

Captaincy involves a different set of skills which are more inherent than taught.
Lol. Foran can't be captain, pressure is unnecessary on him at this stage and he has barely been at the club. Jackson is just struggling for whatever reason and should cone out fine.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol. Foran can't be captain, pressure is unnecessary on him at this stage and he has barely been at the club. Jackson is just struggling for whatever reason and should cone out fine.
The best captains are older and wiser, JJ is by nature too compliant to come up with tactics to overcome teams who play dirty.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Are you fkn kidding?

I mean we already have people asking for players to be axed, and saying Pay is a shit coach, after 2 rounds, but now you question if Jackson is the right captain. Do you honestly think who we have as captain would have made any difference to the result the last 2 rounds. Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.