Josh Dugan

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering where he's ended up...

1661252763450.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I met Dugan probably 6 weeks ago and he’s actually a great bloke, very humble and down to earth. I know he cops a hell of a lot of shit and probably for good reason but he’s actually a nice bloke.
Saw the interview a few years ago when he talked about a terminally ill little boy that he had struck up a close friendship with who sadly passed. Thought at the time that he seemed like a pretty good fella.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good news for bush footy. Love hearing NRL players turning out in local comps after there heyday
It can go either way really.

When i was a kid growing up in Group 20, occasionally an ex NSWRL player would come to one of the local clubs as their career faded, sometimes in a fulltime captain/coach type role, or otherwise as a player and a local sponsor would assist with a job. Sometimes it would be a player who never quite made in the the top league, but still had plenty to offer a bush team.

Some really embraced the communities and were great, some were possibly still bitter about their best being behind them, and i think there was at least one who got in some serious trouble with the law.

The most memorable was Kerry Hemsley, who played at the club i follow as a kid (Yanco Wamoon Hawks) after his stint at Balmain, still with the flowing locks and mo. i think he was even even due to be a guest at the club's 50th anniversary function that got postponed last year due to covid.

Hopefully Doogs is a positive for Orange.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I met Dugan probably 6 weeks ago and he’s actually a great bloke, very humble and down to earth. I know he cops a hell of a lot of shit and probably for good reason but he’s actually a nice bloke.
Aww this changes my perspective entirely. We should sign him. Rockstar fullback

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember Shrek O'meley saying something about the negatives of playing park/bush footy. Ex NRL players are obvious targets and everyone wants to make a name for themselves by putting one on you.