Official Josh Cleeland leaves the Bulldogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In case anybody cares Cleeland has signed with the Ipswich Jets for 2019
Yep Mitch Connor mentioned that in another thread the other day. Goes to show other NRL teams didn't see the point in a 28 year old yet to debut in NRL.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Mitch Connor mentioned that in another thread the other day. Goes to show other NRL teams didn't see the point in a 28 year old yet to debut in NRL.
I feel sorry for him though. Cody Walker was in a similar position but got an opportunity at fb due to injuries and never looked back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him though. Cody Walker was in a similar position but got an opportunity at fb due to injuries and never looked back.
No doubt he had ability, but did he offer everything he had in NSW Cup? Cody Walker was a rare find I reckon.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ipswich Jets is a feeder club for the Broncos. They might recognise his talents and give him a run there.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice bloke. Doesnt have the attributes of a first grader

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ipswich Jets is a feeder club for the Broncos. They might recognise his talents and give him a run there.
Josh came from the Jets if I’m not mistaken. So back to the future for Josh.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kid got shafted... should have at least made his debut. Robbed of his dream at our club thanks to that fucked up top 30 rule... His style of play would have been great in super league. Wish him all the best

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cody Walker is the exception because there’s only a handful of players that have made a impact in NRL after debuting over the age of 25. I dunno if he has the extra gear to play NRL or he’s just a good reserve grade player unfortunately for him I doubt we find out now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cody Walker is the exception because there’s only a handful of players that have made a impact in NRL after debuting over the age of 25. I dunno if he has the extra gear to play NRL or he’s just a good reserve grade player unfortunately for him I doubt we find out now.
Damien Cook and Nathan Ross are other late bloomers.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not Bulldogs news

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think with the players we had in the halves he should have had a go. Did we really see outstanding play from Frawley and JMK? I think Cleeland missed a trick by not goal kicking earlier. That could have been an added bonus that got him a spot.