Official Josh Cleeland leaves the Bulldogs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wish him all the best. He was really good today. Great note to leave the club on.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him.. deserves a crack at FG somewhere

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the comp Josh, really wish you got a chance at FG with us, but alas it wasn't to be.

For some reason I think he'll end up at manly

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comp Josh, really wish you got a chance at FG with us, but alas it wasn't to be.

For some reason I think he'll end up at manly
Im not sure why manly have not been trying to get him all year. Way better 5/8 then the ones there been using. Hope someone picks him up his earnt and deserves a shot. Only we got so many young halves coming to club or through lower grades im sure he would have been kept.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can understand dean pays youth policy,shouldve got a run this year, but cogger is no where near joshs game atm, good luck to him!

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Was great both weeks .. good luck josh

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Lichaa was given the marching orders this time last year. We know how that ended up. If we have spme spare cash would make sense to keep him for sure.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he played himself into a 2019 jersey, whats the problem at Belmore?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would play him hooker next year.
Can run, can pass, can kick and now can tackle. Pulled of some good tackles in the past month. Put his body on the line.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would play him hooker next year.
Can run, can pass, can kick and now can tackle. Pulled of some good tackles in the past month. Put his body on the line.
I think it's time for the club to find a genuine number 9 rather than a makeshift. Not too sure who's off contract next year but I guess we're stuck with Lichaa in 19 and hopefully someone decent in 20.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's time for the club to find a genuine number 9 rather than a makeshift. Not too sure who's off contract next year but I guess we're stuck with Lichaa in 19 and hopefully someone decent in 20.
I agree, but i do not think anyone good is off contract for 2019 or 2020.
Cleeland can be a stop-gap measure until we develop or buy a genuine number 9.
Lichaa lacks speed, crisp passing & kicking ability. Defence is his only strength.

chrisbelmore1998

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mr I, Cleeland has gone where? I would keep him and he is better than all the other halves at our club. I have heard about his d., but I have not seen him miss a tackle. The departure of Cleeland is on parr with letting Cook go. It is a disgrace!
And as a football club member, believe me when I say I will be letting the board know.
Steve G loves the guy and his captain rates him. 27 might be old to debut, but is not old in terms of his future in the game.

We must keep him and I would urge you all to text or write to L. Anderson to do so!

chrisbelmore1998

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not kidding. This is complete madness. We have potentially one of the great halves combinations at our club (Cleeland & Lewis) and we are letting one of them go.
Cook is electric, a great player, but some were also happy to see him go. And has Cleeland done less than Cook did when he was playing for us? Cook played a handful of games, looked great and should have been retained. Cleeland has not played first grade, but has achieved everything in the grades he has played.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Cleeland takes the plunge and goes overseas for a year. Blake Green was in a similar position playing well in NSW Cup but not getting a shot in first grade although he was younger. A big year in the ESL and I’m sure NRL clubs will come knocking

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case anybody cares Cleeland has signed with the Ipswich Jets for 2019