Josh Addo-Carr to the Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think JAC could boost the guys around him the same way DWZ did. It makes a difference to see world class standard at training every day the little one percent plays and the effort on neffort that will be a great influence on our young team. Swap Hoppa and DWZ if we really have too. I don’t rate Meaney the way others do I think he’s got skills but not enough strength and heart to make it in first grade at fullback. We can try Averillo at centre as well but he needs the ball in his hands more making decisions at 5/8th. Just my 2 cents.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric, Drinkwater, aitken, lomax, sami, moga, bird, alex johnson, gagai. Take your pick and we have harper. I remember watching tim simona play reserve grade and never looked that good delouise heoter was in front of him got injured playing nrl. Simona scored 2 tries on debout and killed it until he became a grub
Mate I’d love for us to get Cotric and as a centre. Maybe if OP is correct, having a winger like JAC might entice someone like Cotric across. Offer him a centre position playing inside JAC with more cash than what Canberra are offering. As long as Lewis isn’t the half trying to feed them both.
Anyway just pipe dream

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I’d love for us to get Cotric and as a centre. Maybe if OP is correct, having a winger like JAC might entice someone like Cotric across. Offer him a centre position playing inside JAC with more cash than what Canberra are offering. As long as Lewis isn’t the half trying to feed them both.
Anyway just pipe dream
Newcastle have a heap of centres, bradman best, tatou moga, germhat shibaski, hymel hunt. Tatou Moga was nearly the broncos best player the year he did his knee. Id be offering newcastle some money for him or even best although we probably need an experienced player

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think JAC could boost the guys around him the same way DWZ did. It makes a difference to see world class standard at training every day the little one percent plays and the effort on neffort that will be a great influence on our young team. Swap Hoppa and DWZ if we really have too. I don’t rate Meaney the way others do I think he’s got skills but not enough strength and heart to make it in first grade at fullback. We can try Averillo at centre as well but he needs the ball in his hands more making decisions at 5/8th. Just my 2 cents.
Your wrong on the heart part about Meaney. Size may end up hampering him, but I think we'd be mad to not persue the idea of him going back to fullback with the interchange likely going to 6 in 2021

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Your wrong on the heart part about Meaney. Size may end up hampering him, but I think we'd be mad to not persue the idea of him going back to fullback with the interchange likely going to 6 in 2021
Just my opinion bro I’d rather Hoppa for his silky hands if we swapped DWZ. Were you happy with Meaney the first 2 games this year? All I heard was how he bulked up and looked stronger but when I watched him he looks non-committed in contact. Of course I love the blue and white as much as anyone here and I’d be happy to be wrong but I can only call what I see.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know yu have very strong opinions, but it is way too early to say that Reimis will never make a quality centre!! Way too early.
What makes you think he could make it at centre though? For me he's an out and out winger, a finisher, his strengths all lean towards wing play. The biggest thing for me is that he lacks the ability to stand his opposition defender up, doesn't have the footwork or explosiveness to do it and create for his outside/inside men.

Harper imo is already a better centre than Smith and I think it's pretty damn fucking ridiculous the club is playing Smith there ahead of Harper right now. I also don't think Harper is a world beater but he at least has a bit of deception an elusiveness in his game that Smith just simply doesn't have and I doubt he will ever have.

DWZ again is in a similar mould to Smith, strengths far more suited to the wing but the club feels the need to try and manufacture them into roles they just aren't best suited to playing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t think we would have enough money to buy all those you listed and JAC. My order of priority would be hooker, fullback, centre, back row and then wing. If we had all those filled the winger combo would be DWZ and Smith which would be one of the better wing combos in the game.
Lol exactly, but of course people on here jizz themselves at the thought of a "big name" joining us. How much would he even cost? 500k+? I'd rather split that money 2-3 ways and actually go out and recruit key players with that extra cash that we actually need.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol exactly, but of course people on here jizz themselves at the thought of a "big name" joining us. How much would he even cost? 500k+? I'd rather split that money 2-3 ways and actually go out and recruit key players with that extra cash that we actually need.
He’s already had early success in his career so he will be chasing cash. I think it would be easily over $500k.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What makes you think he could make it at centre though? For me he's an out and out winger, a finisher, his strengths all lean towards wing play. The biggest thing for me is that he lacks the ability to stand his opposition defender up, doesn't have the footwork or explosiveness to do it and create for his outside/inside men.

Harper imo is already a better centre than Smith and I think it's pretty damn fucking ridiculous the club is playing Smith there ahead of Harper right now. I also don't think Harper is a world beater but he at least has a bit of deception an elusiveness in his game that Smith just simply doesn't have and I doubt he will ever have.

DWZ again is in a similar mould to Smith, strengths far more suited to the wing but the club feels the need to try and manufacture them into roles they just aren't best suited to playing.
I'm not convinced that he will make a great centre just yet, but it's also unfair to claim he won't when he is yet to really have a chance to show what he can do in the position. However, i agree that they should have just left him on the wing, and promoted Harper or Averilo to the vacant centre spot. But i trust the club has a plan in place, so let's give it some and see before we write him off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that he will make a great centre just yet, but it's also unfair to claim he won't when he is yet to really have a chance to show what he can do in the position. However, i agree that they should have just left him on the wing, and promoted Harper or Averilo to the vacant centre spot. But i trust the club has a plan in place, so let's give it some and see before we write him off.
That's the thing, I don't trust the club in the slightest right now. So many of the options the club seem to take are underwhelming and lack any sort relevance in today's game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just my opinion bro I’d rather Hoppa for his silky hands if we swapped DWZ. Were you happy with Meaney the first 2 games this year? All I heard was how he bulked up and looked stronger but when I watched him he looks non-committed in contact. Of course I love the blue and white as much as anyone here and I’d be happy to be wrong but I can only call what I see.
Meaney was good in the first 2 games looked stronger and wasn't getting man handled. Agree with Hoppa being skillful, if he was alot faster he would be an elite fullback. I'm happy for us to hold Meaney as a winger, but he deserves another shot imo, DWZ isn't the answer and by giving Nick one last shot we will find out if we need to recruit

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't trust the club in the slightest right now. So many of the options the club seem to take are underwhelming and lack any sort relevance in today's game.
I think that you think you know better then everyone, so I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt. There are so many variables, so many considerations, expectations, financial obligations and obstacles, yet you, as a fan, think you know how the club should be run. But your really just another opinionated fan.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think that's a fair point. Hard to say he's lit it up at centre but you're right. Only two games in with so many disruptions. Does deserve a longer run there I guess.

Imagine if he had a stronger winger on the outside ie. Addo Carr, then he'd perform better too? Also with Foran back and a good half & 5/8 combination.