SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry it’s not about cartoons :grinning:

Michael Carayannis and Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
November 7, 2019 8:00pm
Subscriber only

FOXX STILL CALLS SYDNEY HOME

COULD Melbourne Storm and Kangaroos flyer Josh Addo-Carr be close to making a shock return to Sydney?

Some Sydney clubs certainly think so and would be obviously interested in bringing Addo-Carr back to do his thing on the wing.

Addo-Carr has been a revelation since joining the Storm in 2017 from the Wests Tigers, where he has risen from a fringe first grader to a bona fide premiership and State of Origin-winning representative star.

And despite two years left on his deal with Melbourne that’s worth about $700,000, there has been a suggestion Addo-Carr could be on his way back to Sydney — sooner rather than later.

When asked last week if Melbourne or Sydney was home, Addo-Carr made it clear the Harbour City is where his heart is.

“Sydney is always home for me," Addo-Carr said. “I’m grateful for what Melbourne have done for me. They’ve turned my career around. They’ve turned me into the player I’ve always dreamt to be.

“Sydney (though) is always going to be home. My whole family is there. If I want to start a little family, I want my kids to grow up with my family.”

Addo-Carr said it was the Storm’s values under supercoach Craig Bellamy which helped transform him on and off the field.

“It was the culture of Melbourne,” Addo-Carr said. “We have good leaders. You have to work hard to be in the side. You don’t get given the jersey. You earnt it.”

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Subscriber only

COULD Melbourne Storm and Kangaroos flyer Josh Addo-Carr be close to making a shock return to Sydney?

Some Sydney clubs certainly think so and would be obviously interested in bringing Addo-Carr back to do his thing on the wing.

Addo-Carr has been a revelation since joining the Storm in 2017 from the Wests Tigers, where he has risen from a fringe first grader to a bona fide premiership and State of Origin-winning representative star.

And despite two years left on his deal with Melbourne that’s worth about $700,000, there has been a suggestion Addo-Carr could be on his way back to Sydney — sooner rather than later.

When asked last week if Melbourne or Sydney was home, Addo-Carr made it clear the Harbour City is where his heart is.

“Sydney is always home for me," Addo-Carr said. “I’m grateful for what Melbourne have done for me. They’ve turned my career around. They’ve turned me into the player I’ve always dreamt to be.

“Sydney (though) is always going to be home. My whole family is there. If I want to start a little family, I want my kids to grow up with my family.”

Addo-Carr said it was the Storm’s values under supercoach Craig Bellamy which helped transform him on and off the field.

“It was the culture of Melbourne,” Addo-Carr said. “We have good leaders. You have to work hard to be in the side. You don’t get given the jersey. You earnt it.”
What's the bet he replaces Brett Morris at roosters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What's the bet he replaces Brett Morris at roosters
Addo Carr doesn't seem to be the latte sipping kind don't think he would be to keen to go there seeing he's already won a title. Souths, Dogs are a tigers reunion would be his go.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Subscriber only

If this is true, I don't care how much or what position we play him at but if our guys don't jump all over this then that is a massive fail!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I actually tried to find that, samurai pizza cats, where’s wally and the mask on DVD to show my kids.

Found two so far
Samurai pissed off cats!

They got more fur than any turtle ever had.

PS Mask (cartoon with the mack truck) or The Mask (movie)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samurai pissed off cats!

Ma ma ma Mask. Loved that show as a kid and the theme song used to hype me up. Man I swear some of the 80's cartoons had some of the best theme songs, even better than some music today.

I used to have a heap of the toy vehicles, including the truck as a kid.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I meant the green face one haha

If you go back to the early early shit my bro’s 10 years older. Some of it was me watching recordings I think but I remember early stuff I loved was

He man, teenAnge mutant ninja turtles, biker mice from mars, gargoyles, cops, xmen, toxic crusaders, skeleton warriors, street sharks, she ra (id tap that)

Last edited:

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Samurai pissed off cats!

Fucking Mask! Memories man, Venom were proper bad guys. (Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem) haha

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
None of these.

If it wasn't Agro's cartoon connection I didn't rate it.

Honestly never gave a shit about the cartoons but Agro is my spirit animal

Check out the misogynistic word play with April on YouTube. That puppet is actually a god :hearteyes::hearteyes:
That horny puppet got more action than me :unamused:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we need to start a thread on 80's/90's cartoons for some nostalgia. Chuck in some theme music a long the way.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You clueless donkeys... the only place Addo Carr is going is straight to the roosters...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who wouldn't?? Uncle Nick looks after them and are the only club allowed to buy who they want.
I laugh at the people who name our backline with Addo Carr and Mitchell as centre wing pairing all due to a few mince meat articles online lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I gathered that he's on 350k/year with two years remaining. That's probably the main reason why he wants to come back to Sydney :tonguewink:.
If JAC on $350k well we DEFINATELY need to get Bellamy. He man's a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.