Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No I’m Not... you said you don’t know how this effects us signing Mitchell and Carr, and I’m saying they don’t know how to negotiate with big name players so they’re choosing to resign the duds at the club...
I was simply saying how we would’ve needed to release that amount of players because we do not have the money for Mitchell & Addo-Carr but you’ve turned it into having a shot at the club and board. That’s fine but not what I was addressing

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I’m Not... you said you don’t know how this effects us signing Mitchell and Carr, and I’m saying they don’t know how to negotiate with big name players so they’re choosing to resign the duds at the club...
Well the more duds we resign the smaller that 8mil war chest they keep raving on about gets smaller and smaller... 2020, transfer season for 2021 shapes as the biggest season of player movement with the most amount of off contract players and yet we are rushing to resign pmayers like Chris smith, Marcelo montoya, Adam idiot, Lachlan Lewis...

the only players I’d consider resigning were dwz smith Hoppa and wakeham.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well the more duds we resign the smaller that 8mil war chest they keep raving on about gets smaller and smaller... 2020, transfer season for 2021 shapes as the biggest season of player movement with the most amount of off contract players and yet we are rushing to resign pmayers like Chris smith, Marcelo montoya, Adam idiot, Lachlan Lewis...

the only players I’d consider resigning were dwz smith Hoppa and wakeham.
It makes you wonder for sure on the soundness of this plan we hear of...good in theory but on an edge in reality.

Some think 1 year extensions to 2021 good policy but it's fraught with danger trying to virtually rebuild a whole team in such a short period...the 2022 coach has to try and gell possibly 10 or more new FG players.

Seems better to stagger signings and individually pick the eyes out of what we have now and build from that, starting 2021.

Remains to be seen I guess.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m just saying what was said to him from the horses mouth
Latrell 2020
JAC would be coming the year after.

this is what was said. As it turns out now, granted, looks like JAC now wants to come a year earlier, but that wasn’t the original mail. Things change quickly though - granted.

I’m sure that could of worked.

just on “brains”, I’m sorry, can someone please explain me how we are still struggling? Not being a smart arse just honestly can’t see how.
Graham Moses Woods off our books now. Punted Reynolds. If, and I mean IF we are paying any of Klemmers freight when he wanted to leave then we are a serious basket case and push over. That just doesn’t happen. You think if Mitchell plays elsewhere this year Roosters will pay any freight?

serious question

for the record, for me, I’m not crying now Mitchell isnt coming, but that doesn’t mean I have any faith in this board or management to get us any marquee quality players.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he turns out to be poo and ends up as a "What if ..." player
like Foran?? He obviously trusts his ability and he will be well looked after if he’s earning 1.3million a season and his gamble paid off. I can’t blame a player for wanting the money it’s a brutal sport on their bodies and as Foran has shown get all the money you can while you can. As much as it hurts to say but Loyalty is dead in Rugby League and the only loyalty being shown is by the fans

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell 2020

this is what was said. As it turns out now, granted, looks like JAC now wants to come a year earlier, but that wasn’t the original mail. Things change quickly though - granted.

just on “brains”, I’m sorry, can someone please explain me how we are still struggling? Not being a smart arse just honestly can’t see how.
Graham Moses Woods off our books now. Punted Reynolds. If, and I mean IF we are paying any of Klemmers freight when he wanted to leave then we are a serious basket case and push over. That just doesn’t happen. You think if Mitchell plays elsewhere this year Roosters will pay any freight?

serious question

for the record, for me, I’m not crying now Mitchell isnt coming, but that doesn’t mean I have any faith in this board or management to get us any marquee quality players.
We have more money to spend then anyone in 2021 and we won’t sign Mitchell or addo Carr, instead we will resign our dud signings cause they have bulldogs identity and work hard...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
like Foran?? He obviously trusts his ability and he will be well looked after if he’s earning 1.3million a season and his gamble paid off. I can’t blame a player for wanting the money it’s a brutal sport on their bodies and as Foran has shown get all the money you can while you can. As much as it hurts to say but Loyalty is dead in Rugby League and the only loyalty being shown is by the fans
No. That's not what I'm saying.

It's my belief that when a player starts focusing solely on the money rather than the playing environment it can quite often end in disaster. Instead of focusing on where's best for him to improve and become a better player it becomes a walk on a knife's edge. It then changes from a passion to a 'job' which in sport is a very dangerous thing to do imo.

Time and again people have questioned his temperament. His ability to handle the pressure. His overall attitude. These areas have been questioned quite publically by those who know a lot more than all of us on here.

Of course he needs to take care of himself, and get the best deal possible. However, there needs to be a clear balance between getting a good deal financially and going to the ideal place for your own personal growth. Atm it looks more like it's just about the money. The Titans? The Tigers?

The way he's gone about it really has set himself up to a lot of pressure at whichever club he signs for. He's played every club for more money. He'll be a million dollar centre ... and expected to win games single handedly on a regular basis. He'd be expected to be making the rep teams, and to be helping his team not only get to the finals but be competitive in them. If he signed for the Dogs for 1.3m I'd be on his back most games .... sorry.

The longer this circus goes on the more I doubt he'll live up to his price tag.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Addo Carr wants close to 500 a year well worth it if we can at least meet with the bloke he is worth that more

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fucking jump at him.

Dwz
Fox
Smith
Hoppa

Least gives us 4 good backs (as much as hops can shit me with his turtle speed he has good hands)

**** offers something we haven’t had in 6 years ffs. Speed.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell 2020

serious question

Don’t forget the heavily backended contracts and Foran’s huge last year of his contract

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Addo Carr wants close to 500 a year well worth it if we can at least meet with the bloke he is worth that more
I'd give him 750k just to make sure we get him. Can't teach raw instinct and speed he possesses

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck no lol.
fuck yes lol.
Imagine if we don't get him though and Panthers do... But we take Mansour off their hands for 500k lol. There are worse scenarios out there man

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
fuck yes lol.
Imagine if we don't get him though and Panthers do... But we take Mansour off their hands for 500k lol. There are worse scenarios out there man
750k for a winger....pass.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And wed have to sign a whole team at the end of 2020 or sit out a year?
Exactly. People are in fairy land if they think it’s easy to buy a whole squad

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd give him 750k just to make sure we get him. Can't teach raw instinct and speed he possesses
People can moan all they want about paying that for wingers but in all fairness wings a important position although he ain’t a big body who can get the sets rolling. his speed and evasion ability to score try’s is something special 1 mill 1.2 for a winger is a bit much at this point in time but semi randrandra isn’t the only winger I’d pay that for cause he is size and speed
But hopefully we throw our hat in for josh would be a nice grab

Status
Not open for further replies.