Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Below 600k and I would take it if I'm honest. Clearly he's an exceptionally talented player, so having him in the team would be a massive massive coup for the Dogs.

The question is whether this latest news is at the tailend of the negotiations with the Dogs, so it's more of a formality. Or it's his manager trying to draw out more interest from other clubs. I'd say the latter.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
However, with him talking that way it makes it more likely he'll be released by Melbourne to play with us in '21. At the very least on a loan deal.
yeah the "loan" deal is looking more and more likely and the Reimis Smith offload makes total sense. Baz is a fucking chess player and not just an NRL coach.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the Tigers publicly stating that they are out of the race for good, wouldn't that open the door for JAC to make a move back to Sydney for the 2021 season ??? Providing that he could get a release from Melbourne.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah the "loan" deal is looking more and more likely and the Reimis Smith offload makes total sense. Baz is a fucking chess player and not just an NRL coach.
yeah ... I'd say it's more the board 'playing chess' as you say. No doubt Baz has input, but all of the negotiations etc. will be done by the board members and the recruitment team. IMO

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Below 600k and I would take it if I'm honest. Clearly he's an exceptionally talented player, so having him in the team would be a massive massive coup for the Dogs.

The question is whether this latest news is at the tailend of the negotiations with the Dogs, so it's more of a formality. Or it's his manager trying to draw out more interest from other clubs. I'd say the latter.
Beyond tailend

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to find greener pastures than JAC Tigers/Hagipantelis :D .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe we have brand new halves now (including the gun Burton) and on the verge/imminent/about to /tomorrow sign the Fox!

We lacked a lot of things but three major ones were a coach, genuine halves and express pace

Foxx and Cotric address the latter issue and the likes of Avo and Meaney compliments them ..all of a sudden we got cred in the speed department!

Let’s trot baby!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe we have brand new halves now (including the gun Burton) and on the verge/imminent/about to /tomorrow sign the Fox!

We lacked a lot of things but three major ones were a coach, genuine halves and express pace

Foxx and Cotric address the latter issue and the likes of Avo and Meaney compliments them ..all of a sudden we got cred in the speed department!

Let’s trot baby!
One thing about Foxes they are cunning.....we still haven't cornered him and until we do, we can't get too excited and any Trotting must be done cautiously :grinning:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I'd love to sign JAC as a cheap winger, Burton is our best signing in decades. No matter how good a winger is, he ain't worth shit without the bloke feeding him the ball and Burton is a fucking gun who will lead us to the promised land

If we manage to land JAC for $600K or less that would be fantastic. I was opposed to signing him because I thought it would cost $700K+ but if we manage to jag him for the reported figure, especially considering he may play as a second FB in attack, this would be a great signing.

Let's fucking trot baby
Sorry but I just can’t see it happening. JAC is the best winger in the game. He was on $350k for 2021 but the storm upped that to $480k which helped him back out of his heads of agreement with the tigers.

Why on earth would the storm loan him to us in 2021??? If they were going to do that they certainly would not have given him a pay rise.

He will be here in 2022. No chance in 2021

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the Tigers publicly stating that they are out of the race for good, wouldn't that open the door for JAC to make a move back to Sydney for the 2021 season ??? Providing that he could get a release from Melbourne.
I thought he was some what bounded and perhaps complications regarding the Tigers with paperwork which has been signed for 2021.
Has this become null and void all of a sudden.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people surprised by this?

I just don't get the clamour over him personally. Great winger, but the $$$ we'd have to pay him is too much for a winger. Yes. Yes. We can play him at fullback, but considering we've just extended Averillo's contract where would we play him? Av has to be at fullback, so we would spend that coin on JAC?

Personally I'd go after a gun centre if we're adding to the backline. We're not getting Crichton guys. Stop dreaming.
Happy days if we could get Staggs, I'd pick him over Chrichton.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I’d just about blow a load in my pants of jac is announced as with us as 2021 I think I’ll blow just as hard if he’s with us for 2022 and burton is with us for 2021.

I’ve been saying it for a while now. 5 key moves. 1 is done.

Burton in green out
Jac in smith out (plus whatever’s left over right now from Foran tolman montoya holland sue cogger lafai etc)

Next moves

Leinu in Napa out (we would save here with Napa on 650k reported)
Staggs/Crichton in hoppa out (would need the balance from Napa here)
B Smith/Clarke in Lewis jmk out (need a depth player and probz 100/200k more from cutting someone below for a minimum

We also have meaney britt Katoa Crichton smith and some are no doubt on overs to make minor moves here and there.

1. Jake
2. Jac
3. Cotric
4. Staggs
5. Okonbor/Dwz (more money free year after)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Leinu
9. B Smith/Clarke
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Jackson (more free soon)

14. Renouf/Ogden (surely one kicks on)
15. Hetho
16. Waddell/Stimson
17. doorey/topine (again surely one kicks on)

Top 4 team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyway Fucking sign jac!!! Let’s trot baby!!! Who’s gonna help me hold my jizz sign up that says let’s trot if it happens???

Status
Not open for further replies.