Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When tabling an offer - could it be $250k/year in cap and $300k/year TPA?
Or are TPA's not quoted at this stage?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I'd love to sign JAC as a cheap winger, Burton is our best signing in decades. No matter how good a winger is, he ain't worth shit without the bloke feeding him the ball and Burton is a fucking gun who will lead us to the promised land

If we manage to land JAC for $600K or less that would be fantastic. I was opposed to signing him because I thought it would cost $700K+ but if we manage to jag him for the reported figure, especially considering he may play as a second FB in attack, this would be a great signing.

Let's fucking trot baby

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While I'd love to sign JAC as a cheap winger, Burton is our best signing in decades. No matter how good a winger is, he ain't worth shit without the bloke feeding him the ball and Burton is a fucking gun who will lead us to the promised land

If we manage to land JAC for $600K or less that would be fantastic. I was opposed to signing him because I thought it would cost $700K+ but if we manage to jag him for the reported figure, especially considering he may play as a second FB in attack, this would be a great signing.

Let's fucking trot baby
Spot on

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Out of interest does anyone know what the tigers offer was....aside from mediocrity
"Those thinking this is a Wests Tigers blunder are mistaken. Reality is Addo-Carr was told he’s worth 800K by new manager and asked for a release. Tigers offer of 600k is bang on. He is staying at Storm because they have given him extra 100K and backs himself to get top $$ in 2022". This is from Michael Chammas. I don't want to believe that first part so I won't :P.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr contract news: Knights join race as Wests Tigers officially withdraw

Wests Tigers have officially called off their ‘Fox’ hunt, sensationally withdrawing from the race to sign Josh Addo-Carr.

It comes after Canterbury tabled a four-year offer worth in the vicinity of $2 million for the player rated the world’s best winger for 2022 and beyond.

But Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis was clearly bemused at speculation the Bulldogs’ lucrative offer had caught his club off guard.

“We haven’t engaged with Josh’s manager at all since we were told that Melbourne wouldn’t release him for 2021,” Hagipantelis told The Daily Telegraph.

“I have just read the report that suggests ‘the Bulldogs have made an offer that blows the Tigers out of the water’, which I found interesting.

“Firstly, we are not in the water.

“Secondly, if we were in the water the offer which is being reported would not have blown us anywhere.

A trio of NRL clubs remain in the hunt for Josh Addo-Carr. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty

A trio of NRL clubs remain in the hunt for Josh Addo-Carr. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty

“There have been absolutely no discussions with Mario Tartak (Addo-Carr’s agent) whatsoever, there have been no offers made, no counter offers made.”

It is understood the Bulldogs made their offer early last week after Addo-Carr had earlier toured the club’s Belmore headquarters.

It is speculated Addo-Carr has a strong desire to play with South Sydney, while sources suggest Newcastle is also making a late play.

But as for the club that initially had a heads of agreement with Addo-Carr if he came to Sydney in 2021, all bets are now off.

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis (R).

The Tigers had been previously promised a sit down meeting with Addo-Carr following his NSW Origin commitments but that never eventuated.

“You will have to ask Mario (why),” Hagipantelis added.

“I can offer no explanation as to why the meeting did not take place.

“But the fact that there is absolutely no interest that has been shown by Mario in speaking with the club, we just formed the view that we have moved on.”

Asked if they were out of the race for good, he responded: “Absolutely.”

Though he said he did not feel the Tigers had been used or poorly treated.

“No, not at all,” he said.

Canterbury has tabled a monster offer to Addo-Carr. Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett (pictured).

Canterbury has tabled a monster offer to Addo-Carr. Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett (pictured).
“I am assuming Mario just decided that for whatever reason he didn’t want to pursue any discussions with the Wests Tigers.

“We are only interested in engaging with players who want to come and play for us. And if the perception is the player doesn’t wish to come to the Wests Tigers because their manager doesn’t engage with us, well, that is fine by us. I am not going to lose any sleep over it and we move on to greener pastures.”

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill confirmed the Bulldogs’ interest.

“He has been and seen our facility,” Hill said.

“We are progressing conversation. We don’t discuss recruitment but yes we have expressed our interest in him.”

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Those thinking this is a Wests Tigers blunder are mistaken. Reality is Addo-Carr was told he’s worth 800K by new manager and asked for a release. Tigers offer of 600k is bang on. He is staying at Storm because they have given him extra 100K and backs himself to get top $$ in 2022". This is from Michael Chammas. I don't want to believe that first part so I won't :P.
Is this $800K as a winger or potential FB? If his manager thinks any winger is worth $800K then the guy has clearly been hanging out with Naden and Nasheed. FMD

$800K for a FB would make sense but it's still a gamble for any club.

Clearly he doesnt want to go to the Tigers because they have a shit roster and an angry overrated coach...and I'm not sure how appealing Souths new coach is. I think we've got a good shot at getting him

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr contract news: Knights join race as Wests Tigers officially withdraw

Wests Tigers have officially called off their ‘Fox’ hunt, sensationally withdrawing from the race to sign Josh Addo-Carr.

It comes after Canterbury tabled a four-year offer worth in the vicinity of $2 million for the player rated the world’s best winger for 2022 and beyond.

But Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis was clearly bemused at speculation the Bulldogs’ lucrative offer had caught his club off guard.

“We haven’t engaged with Josh’s manager at all since we were told that Melbourne wouldn’t release him for 2021,” Hagipantelis told The Daily Telegraph.

“I have just read the report that suggests ‘the Bulldogs have made an offer that blows the Tigers out of the water’, which I found interesting.

“Firstly, we are not in the water.

“Secondly, if we were in the water the offer which is being reported would not have blown us anywhere.

“There have been absolutely no discussions with Mario Tartak (Addo-Carr’s agent) whatsoever, there have been no offers made, no counter offers made.”

It is understood the Bulldogs made their offer early last week after Addo-Carr had earlier toured the club’s Belmore headquarters.

It is speculated Addo-Carr has a strong desire to play with South Sydney, while sources suggest Newcastle is also making a late play.

But as for the club that initially had a heads of agreement with Addo-Carr if he came to Sydney in 2021, all bets are now off.

The Tigers had been previously promised a sit down meeting with Addo-Carr following his NSW Origin commitments but that never eventuated.

“You will have to ask Mario (why),” Hagipantelis added.

“I can offer no explanation as to why the meeting did not take place.

“But the fact that there is absolutely no interest that has been shown by Mario in speaking with the club, we just formed the view that we have moved on.”

Asked if they were out of the race for good, he responded: “Absolutely.”

Though he said he did not feel the Tigers had been used or poorly treated.

“No, not at all,” he said.

“I am assuming Mario just decided that for whatever reason he didn’t want to pursue any discussions with the Wests Tigers.

“We are only interested in engaging with players who want to come and play for us. And if the perception is the player doesn’t wish to come to the Wests Tigers because their manager doesn’t engage with us, well, that is fine by us. I am not going to lose any sleep over it and we move on to greener pastures.”

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill confirmed the Bulldogs’ interest.

“He has been and seen our facility,” Hill said.

“We are progressing conversation. We don’t discuss recruitment but yes we have expressed our interest in him.”

If the offer was made early last week then Malla's mail that JAC is a done deal makes sense. Maybe he has already agreed to it and the media is late to the party

If JAC wants to move to Sydney then Newcastle doesnt make any sense so.........

Status
Not open for further replies.