Not open for further replies.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate he can't help it. D-Voice, who I jokingly refer to as Andrew Hill, has been hinting of more good news to come. I've been trying to decipher his clues and this is what I have come up with:

He said he had a "feeling" we were going to get Mansour as part of a deal for getting Burton early so I'm guessing the shock he is referring to is Mansour and the surprises are Burton and JAC for 21.

Hopefully Leniu and Smith for 22.

A huge surprise would be Chricton but I cant see that happening
Dvoice knows nothing, but i bet he is enjoying stringing you all along.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the Newcastle link with JAC, isn't their new coach a wannabe Bellamy clone, like McGure is? Wasn't he having issues with his players because he was throwing too many tantrums in the dressing room? It works for Bellamy because he has a reputation as being a winner but the players don't seem to like the other angry coaches

If JAC didn't want to be coached by McGuire I doubt O'Brien is any different. The advantage we have is Baz with his cool laid back demeanour.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On SEN radio this morning they said we have put a 2 week deadline on him. Offer is on the table until we break for Xmas. If he doesn’t sign by then he won’t be here in 2022.

I like that move. If he can’t make up his mind in that timeframe after already touring our facilities then it’s pretty clear he doesn’t want to come. Pull the offer and look elsewhere

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can promise you you aren’t the only one!
He said he wanted to move back to Sydney to be close to his family. Realistically I reckon there are only 2 options for him. Us and Souths.

I think its pretty obvious his preference is Souths. He has mates there and they have strong ties to the indigenous community.

But they havent even said they are interested yet and even if they are there is no way they are paying him anything close to $500k given the surplus of outside backs they have.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got a solid source and what he has said is nothing new, he was pretty koi.

Essentially, JAC has a few keen clubs keen on him, and he that JAC just want to go to a club where he can play good footy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JAC would be an awesome signing. We need him at fullback. However, when we start paying overs, we are compromising the salary cap.
Most of the guys will want an upgrade if they are successful. I know we will have Hoppas money, and a few others, but we need to be cautious.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are we wasting our time on a winger. He won’t score jack shit with us until our spine fires!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why are we wasting our time on a winger. He won’t score jack shit with us until our spine fires!
We've brought Burton and Flanagan in. Averillo probably fullback. We need a 9, but after that we need a winger and prop. No point waiting 3 years for the spine to develop when we have to spend 95% of the salary cap and we need to be competitive 2021 and 2022.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agreed we have our halves now locked up for years to come.

Combined on likely only about 60-70% of what Foran was on alone!!!!

If Jake makes it which is a big if those 3 are likely still under forans wage!!!!

We have money for jac now surely especially with Smith out on top of tolman montoya holland sue cogger etc.

Napa out / Leinu in (leaves us as 100-150k easy with Napa
On 600-650k)
Hoppa out / staggs or Crichton in. ( naps balance takes this up the difference eneeded)

Then just a hooker in and we have jmk Lewis meaney britt Crichton all off the books for
Next yea too!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed we have our halves now locked up for years to come.

Combined on likely only about 60-70% of what Foran was on alone!!!!

If Jake makes it which is a big if those 3 are likely still under forans wage!!!!

We have money for jac now surely especially with Smith out on top of tolman montoya holland sue cogger etc.

Napa out / Leinu in (leaves us as 100-150k easy with Napa
On 600-650k)
Hoppa out / staggs or Crichton in. ( naps balance takes this up the difference eneeded)

Then just a hooker in and we have jmk Lewis meaney britt Crichton all off the books for
Next yea too!
Barrett is far from finished in terms of getting rid of deadwood. There will be more to go before 2022.

We can easily afford JAC and 500k is reasonable for a player of his ability.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett is far from finished in terms of getting rid of deadwood. There will be more to go before 2022.

We can easily afford JAC and 500k is reasonable for a player of his ability.
Only issue is that we won't be paying 500k. I'd say 550 at least, if not 600k

Status
Not open for further replies.