Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely this rules out any chance of Crichton now. There’s plenty of cap invested in Cotric, JAC and DWZ while anymore big ticket items in the outside back will have the cap looking very unbalanced.
Our whole starting backline wouldn’t be much more 3.25mil ( contains 3/4 of the spine)
Hypothetical Backline
Cotric 650
Flanno 350 ( roosters may pay some)
Burton. 400
JAC. 650 ( prob 550+100 bonus)
DWZ. 500 ?
Avo 350 ?
Meaney. 350 ?
3.25mil
Okunbor and Wakeham approx 350 each 700k. I wouldn’t be signing Lewis Hoppa and Crichton After 2021.
If SCrichton signed for 750 . That would be 4.7mil. Add say 4 minimum wage players that’s about 5.2mil for 14 backs. You would have to think Burton JAC and Crichton could attract some third party sponsors too.
That only leaves about 4.4 for the 16 forwards though.
Jacko gets a 300k rebate I think and we would surely get some third party sponsors.
Optimistically,It could possibly be done , just.
That backline would be fucking awesome ! ! And have reasonable depth

1 Avo
2 okunbor
3 Cotric
4 Crichton
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanno
Wakeham covers halves in case of injury. DWZ and Meaney could cover 1-5.

Last edited:

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our whole starting backline wouldn’t be much more 3.25mil ( contains 3/4 of the spine)
Hypothetical Backline
Cotric 650
Flanno 350 ( roosters may pay some)
Burton. 400
JAC. 650 ( prob 550+100 bonus)
DWZ. 500 ?
Avo 350 ?
Meaney. 350 ?
3.25mil
Okunbor and Wakeham approx 350 each 700k. I wouldn’t be signing Lewis Hoppa and Crichton After 2021.
If SCrichton signed for 750 . That would be 4.7mil. Add say 4 minimum wage players that’s about 5.2mil for 14 backs. You would have to think Burton JAC and Crichton could attract some third party sponsors too.
That only leaves about 4.4 for the 16 forwards though.
Jacko gets a 300k rebate I think and we would surely get some third party sponsors.
Optimistically,It could possibly be done , just.That backline would be fucking awesome !
The backline there looks pretty fucking good

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy to admit I got it wrong and well done for Malla ad others getting it right.....more than anything I’m so stoked with this signing.....it’s a great coup for the club
Good value Piggy. The tone of posts came across as desperation for good news with severe doubt of fruition based on our last 5 years.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reimis plays to his potential next year I wonder if that will trigger Melbourne to let JAC go mid season to us. Melbourne didn't sign him up to play reserves or whatever its called these days.
And not as a centre you would think...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we had top class halves in Shifty and Anasta from 2001 to around 05 but we lacked raw speed and size in our backline then. However we haven't had the fastest man in the NRL for decades and Okunbour and Avo have big upside. I think we're going to score a lot of long range tries come 22 onwards. Agree, this will be our best backline since the Mortimer+Baa era.
True. Players like Patten, vagana and Talau were also great for us, but these guys are all really young, and i think even much better.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idk bro 2002 backline was good
1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Vagana
4. Talau
5. Utai
Yeah true, but i think this one is even better. Potentially anyway. Still, that was almost 20 years ago now, so let me enjoy myself now. Haha

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould the Hutt can go fuck one of his many flab folds.
In typical Gus style he takes both sides of the fence. If the Dogs get back to the top in quick fashion he'll pluck an obscure discussion he had with TB where he claims he told him to accept the Dogs offer as head coach. If we take some bad early losses next year Gus will claim TB should have listened to his advice to revoke his acceptance of head coach. Either way Gus will say "I knew this would happen...."

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In typical Gus style he takes both sides of the fence. If the Dogs get back to the top in quick fashion he'll pluck an obscure discussion he had with TB where he claims he told him to accept the Dogs offer as head coach. If we take some bad early losses next year Gus will claim TB should have listened to his advice to revoke his acceptance of head coach. Either way Gus will say "I knew this would happen...."
Yep Gould is an ego driven politician who has to be right.
So he will spin it which ever way he can.
I still remember when he hired Cleary. Justified it.
Fired Cleary then justified it then got him back.

Gould is a scourge on the game.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep and watch him do the old the bulldogs dont stay down for long story