Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was talking about long term....in 22
Also I forget about DWZ ...it's good to know we have decent competition for spots now
Ahh ok. Not sure what our options are for the other centre position. Hoppa is an option, I just hope we try other players before we put Hoppa at centre or fullback,

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Josh Addo-Carr signs with Bulldogs on 4-year, $2m deal

The Josh Addo-Carr contract saga has finally come to an end, with the Foxx agreeing to join a Sydney rival on a massive four year deal from 2022.

Paul Crawley

Canterbury has won the race for rugby league’s fastest man, securing Josh Addo-Carr on a $2 million four-year deal.

In a huge vote of confidence in new Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett, the player regarded as the game’s best winger will join the club in 2022 when Addo-Carr finishes his current deal with Melbourne.

It continues a massive recruitment drive that has already landed Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington in recent months.

View attachment 19371

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill was understandably excited about the direction the club is heading after what has been some incredibly tough years.

“It is a vote of confidence in everything that has happened in the last couple of months,” Hill said.

“Obviously there is a degree of optimism about the future of the club. And it is consistent about what we have been saying over the last year or two, that we could turn the place around, we just had to get to a position where we could control some of those decisions.

“Obviously he is the best player in his position in the world and for him to pick us is an enormous boost for the club.”

Barrett was just as excited.

“From a whole of club point of view it is huge for us,” Barrett said.

“And on the back of Cotric coming, Burton, Flanagan, Hetherington and some of the other players we have already been able to get, we are heading in the right direction.

Josh is a try scorer and he brings a lot of personality to our team.”

Barrett said at this stage there are no plans to have Addo-Carr wearing the No 1 jersey but he is open to creating a style that makes the most of his exceptional ability.

“I have had a think about how we will use him and there are a few things we can do whether he is playing on the wing and utilise him as a fullback,” Barrett said.

“I have done it before in some of the teams I have had.

“He is just a footballer. He is a try scorer and like I said he brings some character and personality to us and I think the other blokes are going to get a lot of confidence from having someone like Josh in the team.”

So he won’t be wearing the No 1 jumper?

“That is 12 months away so I will have a look at it when he gets here but at this stage we have signed him as a winger. We all know he could play in a few positions but it is just good for us to have him.”

View attachment 19372

The fact Addo-Carr chose the Bulldogs ahead of other rivals bidding for his signature shows confidence in Barrett given Addo-Carr comes from arguably the benchmark system at Melbourne under Craig Bellamy.

It was well known that Addo-Carr was keen to come back to Sydney and there is no denying that was the key reason for him leaving Melbourne.

But he was looking for a club that in his opinion provided a similar environment in his opinion to help him continue play rep footy.

“We are really proud that he can see what the club is building,” Hill said.

This by no means will be the end of the Bulldog’s recruitment drive.

They have also made it known they are in the hunt for a hooker and fullback to join the club going forward.

Penrith young gun Stephen Crichton is one player they are keen on along with Brandon Smith but there are other names they are keeping a closely guarded secret.

Great signing indeed JAC, and looks like Xmas has come early for us fellow loyal kennellers! Next headline Napper released and Brandon Smith signs on with the Dogs and follows his fellow Storm team mate to the Dogs ...please Santa make this last request/wish happen for us LOL

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, this was surprise for me, as I had expected he would go to the Bunnies. This signing has the potential to attract other top line players.
Let's just hope he doesn't walk out on us to the Chooks after one year.
the signing of Addo-Carr may already be the result of the club being a more desirable destination for big names with the likes of Cotric, Flanagan, Burton etc. having already signed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Storm upped JAC's salary to the same amount we're reportedly given him. Hopefully there's a loophole and they can loan him to us and we'll pay all of his salary for 2021!
I reckon the Storm and Dogs had this plan from the start, hence Smith going and JAC knocking the tigers back.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My
Bad was driving.

I’d just like to say......

LETS MOTHER FUCKING TROT BABY!!!!!!!

Serious question who’s holding the sign when beastmode finishes giving
Me
A hand?

Also big shout out 2 posters here said a few things to me. Won’t drop one name as he’s asked me not to. @MasterP is the other. He said jac was done deal if he didn’t backflip month ago roughly and also said we have signed a hooker one of b Smith, McInnes or Clarke at the same time he said this... guess will see