Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the happiest I have felt since I paid for a happy ending, but she accidentally went full service.

Good work to the club, the coach, the board and the CEO (dont remember last time I said that). Good contract amount too (no one can be cut that he is on 500k reportedly). Hopefully its for 2021........ Where is Fox Sports with their 15th-16th prediction now.

We need to put some money on us for a top 8 before burton and Trott are confirmed for 2020. That way we would be a certainty.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think DWZ. He should go ok if he cuts out the stupid shit
Thats a big if. Seems to be a mental thing that exacerbates it too. If he is in poor form, chances are he wont have a blinder unfortunately.

I wonder if we could get him moved to facilitate Fox. Doubt storm would be interested though (and doubt he is going anywhere if his brother is floating around the joint too).

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have continued their quest to build a squad that can challenge for titles in the future with the acquisition of State of Origin back Josh Addo-Carr on a four year deal that will see him join the club for the 2022 season and keep him at Belmore until the end of 2025.

Addo-Carr is one of the quickest players in the NRL and without doubt one of the best finishers.

The 25 year-old has continued to play at a high level during a career that has spanned an NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in 2016, followed by 96 matches for the Storm over the past four seasons.

In addition, Addo-Carr has represented New South Wales in nine State of Origin matches and Australia in two Tests.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill saw the signing as another building block in the creation of a squad with quality and depth:

"Having someone like Josh choose to join the Bulldogs after being the target of a number of clubs is another sign that we are gradually piecing together a squad that has the right mix of experience and quality.

Josh has been a proven performer at whatever level he has played and he will bring those elements of speed and strike-power that all clubs are looking for in their backline.

Josh becomes another leader in our group and will bring the sort of winning attitude that the club is looking to create here at Belmore.

We look forward to him joining us for the 2022 season and wish him all the best for next season."
Sorry people...
My source misinformed me...He said it will be announced Monday or Tuesday Damn :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Let's get trotting Yeeeeeeeeeha :tearsofjoy:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didnt someone call it the other day that Fox was coming and he got blasted by everyone?

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score
NRL 2021: Josh Addo-Carr signs with Bulldogs on 4-year, $2m deal

The Josh Addo-Carr contract saga has finally come to an end, with the Foxx agreeing to join a Sydney rival on a massive four year deal from 2022.

Paul Crawley

Canterbury has won the race for rugby league’s fastest man, securing Josh Addo-Carr on a $2 million four-year deal.

In a huge vote of confidence in new Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett, the player regarded as the game’s best winger will join the club in 2022 when Addo-Carr finishes his current deal with Melbourne.

It continues a massive recruitment drive that has already landed Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington in recent months.

View attachment 19371

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill was understandably excited about the direction the club is heading after what has been some incredibly tough years.

“It is a vote of confidence in everything that has happened in the last couple of months,” Hill said.

“Obviously there is a degree of optimism about the future of the club. And it is consistent about what we have been saying over the last year or two, that we could turn the place around, we just had to get to a position where we could control some of those decisions.

“Obviously he is the best player in his position in the world and for him to pick us is an enormous boost for the club.”

Barrett was just as excited.

“From a whole of club point of view it is huge for us,” Barrett said.

“And on the back of Cotric coming, Burton, Flanagan, Hetherington and some of the other players we have already been able to get, we are heading in the right direction.

Josh is a try scorer and he brings a lot of personality to our team.”

Barrett said at this stage there are no plans to have Addo-Carr wearing the No 1 jersey but he is open to creating a style that makes the most of his exceptional ability.

“I have had a think about how we will use him and there are a few things we can do whether he is playing on the wing and utilise him as a fullback,” Barrett said.

“I have done it before in some of the teams I have had.

“He is just a footballer. He is a try scorer and like I said he brings some character and personality to us and I think the other blokes are going to get a lot of confidence from having someone like Josh in the team.”

So he won’t be wearing the No 1 jumper?

“That is 12 months away so I will have a look at it when he gets here but at this stage we have signed him as a winger. We all know he could play in a few positions but it is just good for us to have him.”

View attachment 19372

The fact Addo-Carr chose the Bulldogs ahead of other rivals bidding for his signature shows confidence in Barrett given Addo-Carr comes from arguably the benchmark system at Melbourne under Craig Bellamy.

It was well known that Addo-Carr was keen to come back to Sydney and there is no denying that was the key reason for him leaving Melbourne.

But he was looking for a club that in his opinion provided a similar environment in his opinion to help him continue play rep footy.

“We are really proud that he can see what the club is building,” Hill said.

This by no means will be the end of the Bulldog’s recruitment drive.

They have also made it known they are in the hunt for a hooker and fullback to join the club going forward.

Penrith young gun Stephen Crichton is one player they are keen on along with Brandon Smith but there are other names they are keeping a closely guarded secret.

Love the fact that Baz has come out and said that they signed him as a winger, not a fullback. He must see the attacking potential in Avo at fullback.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a Chelsea-esque off season we are having with our recruitment ;)

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, this was surprise for me, as I had expected he would go to the Bunnies. This signing has the potential to attract other top line players.
Let's just hope he doesn't walk out on us to the Chooks after one year.