Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest reports are that Souths aren't interested in JAC as they have other priorities including Mitchell. Newcastle have denied any interest and are happy with their current roster. Hooper says (link by #bradyk above) we are offering 600K a season with incentives if JAC is a success at fullback. Can't see the Bunnies paying close to 600K a season for him to be a winger only there. I think JAC may be mostly about the money. Is he going to sacrifice 100K a season or more just to play with his mates ?. He can spend plenty of time with them outside the game once in Sydney. He's obviously happy to miss their company totally for the next 12 months while he's in Melbourne. If he was so interested in Souths only you would think he would have never signed the agreement with the Tigers. You would think us releasing Reimis early would have to mean something. We surely have to be 90% favourites to land him. I hope the club as a time limit on the offer of before the new year.

If he doesn't accept we should pursue Corey Allen as a cheap option fullback and go harder for Stephen Crichton to replace Hopa for 2022. Crichton could potentially play fullback also and Allen would also be a handy winger.
If the offer was 600k a season..dogs should pull the offer and make it 550 since we are one of the fallback options..rabbits saying they have other priorities who else would have that cash to sign him (apart from the roosters)

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
If the offer was 600k a season..dogs should pull the offer and make it 550 since we are one of the fallback options..rabbits saying they have other priorities who else would have that cash to sign him (apart from the roosters)
How on earth do roosters have money to have 600k winger on there books anyway

Tedesco over 1m worth 1.3m lets be serious
Whats dce and Fifita on ?

Then they have Sualii to wing for bmoz spot all the song and dnace to play him in reserves? haha on $$$ also

Manu & Tupou in spots

Leaves them 1 centre and they should promote one of there own

Leaves Fox Crichton or staggs for us

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Latest reports are that Souths aren't interested in JAC as they have other priorities including Mitchell. Newcastle have denied any interest and are happy with their current roster. Hooper says (link by #bradyk above) we are offering 600K a season with incentives if JAC is a success at fullback. Can't see the Bunnies paying close to 600K a season for him to be a winger only there. I think JAC may be mostly about the money. Is he going to sacrifice 100K a season or more just to play with his mates ?. He can spend plenty of time with them outside the game once in Sydney. He's obviously happy to miss their company totally for the next 12 months while he's in Melbourne. If he was so interested in Souths only you would think he would have never signed the agreement with the Tigers. You would think us releasing Reimis early would have to mean something. We surely have to be 90% favourites to land him. I hope the club as a time limit on the offer of before the new year.

If he doesn't accept we should pursue Corey Allen as a cheap option fullback and go harder for Stephen Crichton to replace Hopa for 2022. Crichton could potentially play fullback also and Allen would also be a handy winger. If we shed Hopa (500-650K) we could have both Crichton and Allen for an extra outlay of around 300-400K. That's cheaper than the 600K for JAC and we strengthen 2 not just 1 position.
Any more info from your inside source?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Then they have Sualii to wing for bmoz spot all the song and dnace to play him in reserves? haha on $$$ also

Manu & Tupou in spots

They have billy smith for centre. only bought j moz as cover since smith done his acl

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Manu & Tupou in spots

It's a joke/meme, people like to take a dig at the Roosters salary cap because they're run really well. They have Crichton (if kept, on a reduced amount), Friend (ageing) , B/J. Morris (ageing), Tedesco (almost certainly re-signed), Tupou, Tupouniua (upgrade?), Verrills (upgrade?) and Sam Walker (upgrade?) off contract.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manu & Tupou in spots

Smart recruiting, they only recruit international players and that’s how the roosters can afford ado

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont ever believe what uncle wayne says he tells lies if they're trying to offload gay-guy, allan plus probs more players they're definately trying to sqeeze him in. And uncle wayne knows that they'll get him for under 500,000 because he wants to play with the brothers, the clan,the people, the culture

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manu & Tupou in spots

Lol because if any team can fukin do it the roosters can lol

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Dont ever believe what uncle wayne says he tells lies if they're trying to offload gay-guy, allan plus probs more players they're definately trying to sqeeze him in. And uncle wayne knows that they'll get him for under 500,000 because he wants to play with the brothers, the clan,the people, the culture
Yep we will see what plays out

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

According to Hooper
-2.2m, 550k a year
-incentive based (bonuses): JAC successfully developing into fullback as well as representative footy

If JAC is fullback (long term), I'm not sure where that leaves Averillo.
Means we shouldn't go near Addo-Carr imo. The only way it works is if we go with
1. JAC
2. Okunbur (not really that fast and still has alot to work on)
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Schoupp (turn him into a metre eater winger, more than capable imo)
Only issue here is we'd have defensive issues on either edge with Jake and Ok... As much as I love the idea of Addo-Carr it just creates so many balance issues if he's not on the wing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol because if any team can fukin do it the roosters can lol
Morris boys will be on over 500k each... Even though they took huge paycuts to go their apparently lol

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Triple M summer ediition today james Hooper said that the dogs have offered the fox 2.3m over 4 years but the intersting thing about the contract is that it is incentive based which means he will get an upgrade if he plays fullback and there are rep bonuses as well.....he said the rabbits still cant be ruled out....its on the fox sports news...click on the link and u can listen to the podcast

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Means we shouldn't go near Addo-Carr imo. The only way it works is if we go with
1. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
Only issue here is we'd have defensive issues on either edge with Jake and Ok... As much as I love the idea of Addo-Carr it just creates so many balance issues if he's not on the wing.
I haven't liked what I've seen from Averillo at centre, I do feel like his best position is five-eighth and potentially can be moulded into a fullback. I'd be signing JAC as a winger, but if the only way to sign him is to give him a crack at fullback, I'd probably do that too. I was really big on us going after Latrell last year but I'd say JAC would be a close second to Latrell and the next best thing (different styles, but they're both freaks in their own way). I want us to be signing some of the best players available.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
How does one quantify if he successfully becomes a fullback to trigger his salary upgrade?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he said that Mansour was on the outer at Penrith before it hit the news... so yeah we’ll see, im still weary of Souths
Yep I can see Souths swooping in and grabbing him.....still don’t think he’ll be at the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.