News Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell caught breaking COVID-19 rules (now with added Nathan Cleary)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fining Roberts-Davis much less than the other two makes sense... he wasn't involved in any other stupidity and he doesn't even make that much money... he is a train and trail squad member i believe. Giving him a 60k fine is going to really do some serious damage to him.
The players won't learn if they're not going to be hit hard by this. If even one of them has the virus it means that now there are potentially 12 more irresponsible morons that have shown their main concern is themselves potentially carrying it to others. Both of my parents are at an age where they're at significant risk if they get the virus. They're a group of spoiled rotten shitheads that can't look beyond their own satisfaction for a few months that are allowed to get away lightly with these kind of actions without very serious repercussions. I was in favour of at least a season long ban. The fines they are facing are enough to piss them off. But many people have lost jobs when they've done nothing wrong. Some of them will likely fall behind on home payments etc and the actions of the guys involved and other morons can potentially lead to an extension of the lockdowns and the likelihood that more people that aren't on big money deals will suffer. I include Cleary in the list of those I'd prefer to see deregistered. The fact that the girl who took the selfie is drinking a beer tells me that this wasn't a simple case of a group of people stopping by to wait for a taxi as reported.

I get the impression that the light punishment might be related to the fact that the NRL know that many other players have breached the rules and they're busily hoping that only a limited number of these spot fires get media attention.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mundine has gotten to him it seems. You hardly even see QLD based indigenous players get dragged into Mundine's mess, Thaiday, Thurston etc.
In QLD they protect their own. It's got nothingto do with influences or people. QLD base players get away with so much it's not funny. The media turns a blind eye to QLD based players and evidence of that is Thurston.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In QLD they protect their own. It's got nothingto do with influences or people. QLD base players get away with so much it's not funny. The media turns a blind eye to QLD based players and evidence of that is Thurston.
He was protected when at the Dogs as well.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously beyond pissed off at the outcome of this. slap on the wrist compared to our boys. not excusing our players behaviour but would expect these new issues to be dealt with in the same manner. no consistency whatsoever and the players should be taking the nrl to court

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
seriously beyond pissed off at the outcome of this. slap on the wrist compared to our boys. not excusing our players behaviour but would expect these new issues to be dealt with in the same manner. no consistency whatsoever and the players should be taking the nrl to court
better off shooting a loaded gun whilst unliscenced than shooting a load for which no licence is required

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The most stupid part of all the cases of breaching covid restrictions is some halfwit in each case has posted the pics online. Otherwise we wouldnt know about it or have pics. Dumb.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aaaaand now videos have surfaced of Cleary dancing with the girls on Tik Tok apparently. So it's pointing towards the fact that he's lied about it being a short visit while they waited for a cab.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most stupid part of all the cases of breaching covid restrictions is some halfwit in each case has posted the pics online. Otherwise we wouldnt know about it or have pics. Dumb.
Attention whores think that death by lack of attention is worse than death by slow suffocation via Covid 19

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aaaaand now videos have surfaced of Cleary dancing with the girls on Tik Tok apparently. So it's pointing towards the fact that he's lied about it being a short visit while they waited for a cab.
Did anyone actually believe that bullshit story though? It was obvious they all were drunk and there for a while.

I doubt the NRL changes their fines even though they bought his bullshit. It's a nice start for Abdo and Vlandy's to botch the penalties so badly and to not investigate further before they did so.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary an tik Tok, just seen the vid, these young people (aka Cleary) etc, don’t Realise how lucky they are, just to be famous and making big money at such a young age, yet they go An break the rules/laws and think it’s ok. Need to grow up and change their mindset.!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone actually believe that bullshit story though? It was obvious they all were drunk and there for a while.

I doubt the NRL changes their fines even though they bought his bullshit. It's a nice start for Abdo and Vlandy's to botch the penalties so badly and to not investigate further before they did so.
I personally didn't believe it. I didn't believe that the other group were doing cultural things or making the trip to look after a depressed mate either.

I didn't really expect the NRL to suddenly become a well run organisation based on sacking Greenberg. He's just been the public face of a whole group of incompetents.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Abdo, VLandys and the rest of the cretins on the NRL board have botched this whole breaking of social-distancing thing so badly I really don't think there is any hope that these useless bastards at NRL HQ will ever have any idea how to run the game. The whole lot of them should be sacked immediately. Fucken hopeless.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
better off shooting a loaded gun whilst unliscenced than shooting a load for which no licence is required
With the amount of seemingly useless parents in society these days perhaps it'd be a great idea to enforce licences for shooting a wad. Less degenerate kids as a result. Win/win!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if there is any further fallout from all of this. Social media strikes again in a big way. Bad enough that he has done the wrong thing in having a group of SIX people in his home when the rules dictate it is a definite no no but he has been caught out in an out and out lie about how long the girls were there for and why. Ten minute stop over waiting for a lift translates to having a drink a series of photos and a tik tok video,,,,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And n
Now we have one of the brothers in Sam Thaiday coming out and using the tried and true " Fear for his mental state" when referring to the punishment handed out to Latrell. Mitchell behaves like a child and has no real idea of how a responsible adult needs to behave and conform to the rules and regulations currently in place in these troubled times.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I always held onto the thought that it's a minority ruining for the rest in the NRL however I'm starting to lean towards the other direction. I think the decent ones appear to be the exception.

I don't think the NRL or their players deserve to be back on the field this year. Ado was warned 3 times leading into this and still gets fuk all. LM's attitude is well documented for being poor. The premise from the NRL that they deserve another chance and have learnt the lesson just doesn't stack up. V'Landys fuked his first chance at showing them who's boss and prematurely blew his wad and wasted it. Same ol NRL it would seem and the hope I had was as usual to be for nothing. Not even going to start on the CHN v's this incident rant.

Perhaps I'm the one who should learn something from this? The players and the admin are the biggest threat to the game in history.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened with JO & CHN are clearly different cases, so we really shouldn't compare. I for one am comfortable with the punishment handed out to our players, and am happy the club was actively involved in coming to that conclusion though I know many of you want to somehow lump all of that on the NRL.

People are sitting here getting angry at the NRL about their handling of this. And rightly so. They've opened up for anyone to use 'cultural' reasons for their behaviour, or simply their status. They've handled this situation absolutely terribly as I'm certain more and more stuff will come out in the coming days / weeks connected to the current cases, and new ones. They had the chance to nip this in the bud but instead have allowed the problem to grow. Most likely out of control. Ridiculous.

However, no one is talking about the reaction ... or lack of reaction by their clubs. Souths. Melbourne. Penrith. None of them have done anything, have they? I haven't even seen any comments from them apart from Greg Alexander about Cleary. We can unload on the NRL, but I think a lot of responsibility comes from the the club's in question and that they're doing diddly squat to set an appropriate standard within the club and community.

People keep saying our club is weak as piss. I beg to differ. By Souths, Melbourne, Panthers sitting on their hands and doing absolutely nothing about this case I think they're absolutely weak as piss. If we sat down and simply said "The NRL has given the punishments. That's enough for us" then I'd be livid.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And n

Now we have one of the brothers in Sam Thaiday coming out and using the tried and true " Fear for his mental state" when referring to the punishment handed out to Latrell. Mitchell behaves like a child and has no real idea of how a responsible adult needs to behave and conform to the rules and regulations currently in place in these troubled times.
FFS. This is going to be a shit fight. Now the world will cry when Mitchel ends up leaving the game. Of course, there are issues with the mental state of players, and we need to support those with problems. 100%. But Mitchel is creating so so much of this himself.

Good luck Souths ... so glad we didn't get him!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always held onto the thought that it's a minority ruining for the rest in the NRL however I'm starting to lean towards the other direction. I think the decent ones appear to be the exception.

I don't think the NRL or their players deserve to be back on the field this year. Ado was warned 3 times leading into this and still gets fuk all. LM's attitude is well documented for being poor. The premise from the NRL that they deserve another chance and have learnt the lesson just doesn't stack up. V'Landys fuked his first chance at showing them who's boss and prematurely blew his wad and wasted it. Same ol NRL it would seem and the hope I had was as usual to be for nothing. Not even going to start on the CHN v's this incident rant.

Perhaps I'm the one who should learn something from this? The players and the admin are the biggest threat to the game in history.
Let's compare this to being a parent.

Of course you want to support your child. Everyone makes mistakes. But a part of learning is to have consquences. Otherwise we never learn. We never understand what lines shouldn't be crossed. We know what authority is and to respect that. Children will throw their toys out of the pram, but you need to be strict otherwise they don't learn. Rules are rules.

What the NRL is saying is that players can basically make their own rules. They can throw their toys out of the pram and get away with things. Well ... some of them at least. Which is even worse. It's like allowing the oldest child to get away with everything, but being military with the youngest. It doesn't work.

It just seems such a braindead approach by the NRL. How do they expect any good to come out of being so lenient on this?