No Source Joseph Sualli

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
thats where the club has to stick strong otherwise we fuck ourselves for years to come.
Get what you're saying and I think the club can do it to a point, but at the end of the day we'll simply have to play along with the players/agents as we've simply got no leaverage

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Get what you're saying and I think the club can do it to a point, but at the end of the day we'll simply have to play along with the players/agents as we've simply got no leaverage
not his terms tho, they were outrageous

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
not his terms tho, they were outrageous
And what were his terms? Apart from the speculation you read in the newspapers.

It's all just that tho, isn't it? Speculation. No e of us know the story behind all of this, but I'm happy to allow the club to make the right decision on this guy. Seems as tho there's a number of other clubs willing to do the same.

Doubt we'll get him tho with alk that being said

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And what were his terms? Apart from the speculation you read in the newspapers.

It's all just that tho, isn't it? Speculation. No e of us know the story behind all of this, but I'm happy to allow the club to make the right decision on this guy. Seems as tho there's a number of other clubs willing to do the same.

Doubt we'll get him tho with alk that being said
yeh of course, but if it wasnt true souths would not be walking away from him

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meet was two weeks ago... apparently it went well... held at night... was only hill, souali and his agent.

With the strike rate we’ve got it will only lead to an increase in price fothe club he wants to go to
Who is the agent?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meet was two weeks ago... apparently it went well... held at night... was only hill, souali and his agent.

With the strike rate we’ve got it will only lead to an increase in price fothe club he wants to go to
Source ?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Is this the kid that wants multiple clauses in his contract and a million bucks a year?
Yep, wants a 5 yr deal with get out clause after yr 2 for the remainder. A Family member is the one pulling the strings.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
ive heard nothing about this so im sceptical.
Gust, please dont swallow this until i can confirm it.

Also, my question is how are we paying this kid if we land him? what salary cap is this drawing from?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, wants a 5 yr deal with get out clause after yr 2 for the remainder. A Family member is the one pulling the strings.
Im sure you kbow this but ill explain for the readers.

A player option is no good for the club at all.

Player plays good and become a star, he will want more money of his new value. So you dobt get the upside of his gamble. Which is to pay pretty high early on in the hope he kicks on. he will just leave and take the big money he was on earlier. lose lose for club.

or, hes the next karl filiga and flops. Then he activates his claude and we pay 600k for a dud, because he wont get it elsewhere. lose lose again.

just do a straight deal. The NRL need to step in and stop desperate clubs bein desperate.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah so throw a Pongalike deal at him and he'll come (unless another club does the same and we'll have to out bid them and depending on the team it could be a lot more). If only we did that for Grant.
The ponga deal was a gamble that newcastle won. But the player option from year two removes the upsides of the gamble
Ponga was basically pay him aboves early to get him on unders when he kicks on to stardom. Which happened. if they pauid him overs early and he fizzed, it wouldve been a lost gamble.

But to pay a guy overs early and when he kicks on to stardom he has the option to chase stardom money, theres no point, its literally a sign on fee only that could be very expensive if he fizzes

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The ponga deal was a gamble that newcastle won. But the player option from year two removes the upsides of the gamble
Ponga was basically pay him aboves early to get him on unders when he kicks on to stardom. Which happened. if they pauid him overs early and he fizzed, it wouldve been a lost gamble.

But to pay a guy overs early and when he kicks on to stardom he has the option to chase stardom money, theres no point, its literally a sign on fee only that could be very expensive if he fizzes
I actually don't know about this kid. If we didn't with Grant, we shouldn't with this guy either. I doubt he'll be able to get a contract with the clauses he wants unless he wants a massively reduced deal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don't know about this kid. If we didn't with Grant, we shouldn't with this guy either. I doubt he'll be able to get a contract with the clauses he wants unless he wants a massively reduced deal.
He just turned 17 so im not sure what deal he gets. development? straight 30 squad?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He just turned 17 so im not sure what deal he gets. development? straight 30 squad?
I heard the NRL (V'Landy) would make an exception and allow him to play next year (I think I heard it on NRL 360).

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair.. The club should 100% be sitting down with any and all available talent. They wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t.

Whether anything more comes of it is another thing but if true, at least they are showing up.