doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He carves up against school boys he’s kidding himself

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No gamble will be bigger than Foran. We signed a busted old body and hoped it would come good. The gamble backfired big time!!
Des Hasler wasnt gambling with his busted love child, he rejected mitch moses and we also lost tedesco but got fairy awoods instead. Dogs have had bad signings last few years ay

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be kind of interesting and not sure if possible.

You're the Head of Recruitment... do you come in and offer Suaalii the identical contract he is looking for after Souths just knocked him back?

Kid can play and would be the biggest gamble in the clubs history.
You’d have to be stupid to even consider it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know much about Suaalii except that he's hyped up a lot. But I suspect that his manager at least sees dollar signs when looking at Suaalii. The kid may be in the same frame of mind, could be that his parents are influential and seeing dollar signs.

Wherever he ends up, it's going to be a gamble that he can replicate what he's done in the lower grades. Plenty of kids develop young physically and rely on physical dominance alongside a decent skillset. Sport is easy for them and they don't learn the work ethic or develop the determination to succeed when it's no longer easy for them. As I said, I don't know what Suaalii is like. But he looks like a lot of his ability comes down to being a big unit playing against twigs from the highlights videos. Stepping up to play against match hardened warriors in the NRL might really send him spiralling back down to earth.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know much about Suaalii except that he's hyped up a lot. But I suspect that his manager at least sees dollar signs when looking at Suaalii. The kid may be in the same frame of mind, could be that his parents are influential and seeing dollar signs.

Wherever he ends up, it's going to be a gamble that he can replicate what he's done in the lower grades. Plenty of kids develop young physically and rely on physical dominance alongside a decent skillset. Sport is easy for them and they don't learn the work ethic or develop the determination to succeed when it's no longer easy for them. As I said, I don't know what Suaalii is like. But he looks like a lot of his ability comes down to being a big unit playing against twigs from the highlights videos. Stepping up to play against match hardened warriors in the NRL might really send him spiralling back down to earth.
Joseph is a really good kid who unfortunately is being manipulated by people who don't appear to have his best interest at heart. There was a push for him to play first grade next year, it's a big jump from playing Harold Matt's or SG Ball. He was the absolute standout in the Penrith junior system year after year before the Rabbitoh's and Kings got their claws into him.

Unfortunately the pressure he will feel when/if he debuts and hype he will create will be enormous. That's a lot of pressure for a 17 year old kid. He'd be better off just slowly coming through the junior pathways and developing naturally although he appears to have the talent to step straight into first grade.

He would walk straight into our side. Mind you, so would I.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Next Daniel Tupou. Lol.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he can run the 100 meter in under 25 seconds and would come across for 100k then he is a keeper

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joseph is a really good kid who unfortunately is being manipulated by people who don't appear to have his best interest at heart. There was a push for him to play first grade next year, it's a big jump from playing Harold Matt's or SG Ball. He was the absolute standout in the Penrith junior system year after year before the Rabbitoh's and Kings got their claws into him.

Unfortunately the pressure he will feel when/if he debuts and hype he will create will be enormous. That's a lot of pressure for a 17 year old kid. He'd be better off just slowly coming through the junior pathways and developing naturally although he appears to have the talent to step straight into first grade.

He would walk straight into our side. Mind you, so would I.
I was a slow winger who was a pretty handy defender. I think at 40 years old I'd have been a fair chance to crack into our squad in recent years. It's an unfortunate thing that player management these days will push to make a quick dollar even if it's harmful to a player's development. A few serious injuries can derail a youngsters progress a lot. And if players are debuting too young and without the benefit of hardening up in their own age group, the risk of being injured does increase.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are signing blokes like Green , Waddell. No decent young spine players on the horizon why not gamble on the kid. Who cares if he doesn’t make it you can cut him with all his clauses he wants. Just maybe he pays off maybe he doesn’t but it would be a more exciting signing then what’s currently happening

Malla

Reaction score
It's Souths fault it came to that.

They made such a big deal about him and wanting to sign him, of course his manager was going to push for more clauses that suited his client. Souths showed desperation which was stupid on their part.

Malla

Reaction score
Jacob Loko was an absolute beast in the junior grades but sadly couldn't replicate what he was doing in the lower grades against men. I have no idea whether Suali will be a star in the NRL but I do know that he's not worth the money he's asking for...
You have to watch him play first. Loko was just stronger, agile and quicker than anyone else in juniors. Was always going to be tough coming into first grade and doing that against grown men.

Suaalii is a good footballer. Has all the skills to play first grade now, just a mastter of whether he is ready or not but to your point, it's reallly hard to justify offering that coin to a kid who's never played first grade before. He might end up being a soft cock who shits himself every time he gets ran at like Mitch Moses lol

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Its not about the money with this kid

its the clauses he wants inserted in the contract in his favour

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Money hungry like $BW. Someone tell the kid to pull his head in.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't want this muppet anywhere near our club. 5-year contract with a get-out clause every year? Get fucked. He's already a 'me first' player and he hasn't even had a hit-up in first grade yet. Absolutely selfish prick. Union can have him.