Opinion Joseph Suaalii

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This will be kind of interesting and not sure if possible.

You're the Head of Recruitment... do you come in and offer Suaalii the identical contract he is looking for after Souths just knocked him back?

Kid can play and would be the biggest gamble in the clubs history.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A massive gamble, how many times have you heard this kid will be the next SBW or JT about a player.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No chance, with all his get out clauses he'd likely only be here a year or 2

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just because the Ponga experiment worked for Newcastle, I wouldn't be expecting the same to work again. There's usually a lot of risk with little reward. You could also still argue Ponga has still done fuck all.

For every Ponga, there's your Lloyd Perret and Michael Lichaa.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For fuck sake. We offered Grant a contract BEFORE he signed with Melbourne. He chose Melbourne.
Offering a contract doesn't mean shit if there's not enough 0's on the end. For fuck sake. I get the risk, we didn't offer enough money, that's why we won't be gambling on Suaalli. What Grant would become was also a lot more clearer than Suaalli.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're the Head of Recruitment... do you come in and offer Suaalii the identical contract he is looking for after Souths just knocked him back?

No gamble will be bigger than Foran. We signed a busted old body and hoped it would come good. The gamble backfired big time!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No gamble will be bigger than Foran. We signed a busted old body and hoped it would come good. The gamble backfired big time!!
Not old he waz 27 when signed up.
Hold onto your microphone we could do the same with Bird.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Offering a contract doesn't mean shit if there's not enough 0's on the end. For fuck sake. I get the risk, we didn't offer enough money, that's why we won't be gambling on Suaalli. What Grant would become was also a lot more clearer than Suaalli.
You didn't use your favourite word. .....overs. None of us know how much they offered Grant. He chose Melbourne.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You didn't use your favourite word. .....overs. None of us know how much they offered Grant. He chose Melbourne.
So if you don't know, why are you arguing against me? You're doing the same thing from the other side. We offered an okay contract. Nothing that was going to make his mind up for him. Paying overs isn't something to joke about, it's the only way we're going to get good players currently.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
What hapekmes to a month ago when he signed a million a year rugby deal

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kid can play,he’s been playing touch rugby for the last 3 years,he hasn’t played against hard core men at nrl level,which is a huge difference to playing touch footy,and when does a 17 year old tell a club I want this I want that,no way let rugby have him,.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks this kid looks like he is after money and not passion to play RL ... at this stage I rather players that are keen to turn our club around and want to play footy ... we have suffered enough and have signed too many players on overs ... now it's the time ti think about the fans and the jersey and turn things around!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No thanks this kid looks like he is after money and not passion to play RL ... at this stage I rather players that are keen to turn our club around and want to play footy ... we have suffered enough and have signed too many players on overs ... now it's the time ti think about the fans and the jersey and turn things around!!!
me thinks this kid is a union player and only stringing league on to get more money from union

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacob Loko was an absolute beast in the junior grades but sadly couldn't replicate what he was doing in the lower grades against men. I have no idea whether Suali will be a star in the NRL but I do know that he's not worth the money he's asking for...

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It a pass for me how can spend $600k a year of your cap and let me walk out any time he wants.

His manager wants a clause that can leave anytime he wants. He hasn't played first grade because of age but a 17 years getting smashed fully grown man no contest.