News Joseph Suaalii

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wanted the get out clauses from the second year of an upgraded 5 year contract and a pay rise every year. Not even souffs are that stupid.

Who ever is advising this kid is obviously getting advice from some where else with all these new contract requests. He'll negotiate himself out of the code if he's not careful.
I don't think he is overly concerned by this.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he is overly concerned by this.
Probably not now, but it could come back to bite him in the arse. All this talk of Japan and French Rugby clubs wanting him might look attractive, but should he not shine like a second coming in those second rate comps, watch his value plummet then. Those comps are not known for developing superstars, only buying them for publicity. If he wants to be the best he needs lots of development and he won't get it playing Yawnion.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I were Souths I'd let him go and sign Josh Addo-Carr instead. Would give them a killer backline of:

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dane Gagai
4. Campbell Graham
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

South Sydney have all but lost patience with teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii and any hope of the youngster joining the Rabbitohs is fading fast.

Souths are prepared to throw big dollars at the 17-year-old but he has angered Rabbitohs officials with the negotiation process, insisting on get-out clauses.

He's not doing himself any favours this bloke.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Contract negotiations are a double edged sword. I recall quite clearly how chuffed we doggy fans were when SBW said stuff about "just get it done" and "I'm glad its out of the way" in regards the big new contract to lock him in long term. Less than half a year later he was gonski.

Caring about the details may be an indication that the player wants to make sure they are happy with the contract and will remain so. On the other hand it can obviously go too far...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
New headline...

Roosters emerge as shock contender for boom Souths teen prodigy’s services

Source = foxsports

Seriously? Whoever wrote that headline is having a laugh. Next they'll tell us to be shocked the chooks have $4m cap space to work with...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

South Sydney have all but lost patience with teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii and any hope of the youngster joining the Rabbitohs is fading fast.

Souths are prepared to throw big dollars at the 17-year-old but he has angered Rabbitohs officials with the negotiation process, insisting on get-out clauses.

He's not doing himself any favours this bloke.
Another of those 'best thing since sliced bread' without having even played an NRL first grade game.

Souths have dug their own grave here by talking him up and making him feel as if he will be the answer to their prayers. Money talks unfortunately and at the moment it is a deafening roar in this kids ears....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol I made a joke that they didn't have enough help, and here they go LOL.

Fuck I hate the Roosters.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New headline...

Source = foxsports

Seriously? Whoever wrote that headline is having a laugh. Next they'll tell us to be shocked the chooks have $4m cap space to work with...
Fark. That's the least money they've ever had in the petty cash jar for untested youngsters.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New headline...

Source = foxsports

This would be the one time I won't mind if its manager using us to drive up his price for lol@souffs.

Besides this would be Latrell Mitchell part 2. The kid wants to play fullback and he's got no chance with Teddy there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Have we entered the race?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hearing Tigers are close to signing him now. This kid makes Latrell Mitchell looks professional.

It’s not hard son. Sign a short term deal and if you don’t like it move on. He wants a mega big contract for security. But then doesn’t want a long contract incase he gets more money elsewhere. Who ever is in his ear is a dill pot.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hearing Tigers are close to signing him now. This kid makes Latrell Mitchell looks professional.

It’s not hard son. Sign a short term deal and if you don’t like it move on. He wants a mega big contract for security. But then doesn’t want a long contract incase he gets more money elsewhere. Who ever is in his ear is a dill pot.
And even if he signs he still has plenty of options, 6 months into the contract he could just hop onto a plane and fly to France. Options!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And even if he signs he still has plenty of options, 6 months into the contract he could just hop onto a plane and fly to France. Options!
Exactly right.

I just hope if he break a nrl contract they shut the door on him for good. Guy is carrying on like a fool so hope if he does sign for a team he sticks it out and doesn’t run for a bigger offer at first chance.

If this kid didn’t have football ability he’d struggle to earn more Then 60k a year. So he should appreciate and respect his opportunity and not backflip with so many teams (apparently ARU, then Souths, then ARU, then Souths, then roosters, now tigers).