Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fergo is at his peak he’s 30
Tupou is 28
B moz still holds his own and he’s 33.
Age isn’t a big issue.
But I’d still rather a young gun like cotric or addo carr. Even that fidow lad from cowboys
Age isn't a killer. Even the colourful Gold Coast identity Tony Don is 34. But it's harder.

In regards to Ferguson. He does his job but he's completely lost his pace. He's a ryan hall forward winger now.
Is that what we want?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fergo is at his peak he’s 30
Tupou is 28
B moz still holds his own and he’s 33.
Age isn’t a big issue.
But I’d still rather a young gun like cotric or addo carr. Even that fidow lad from cowboys
Agree on what you've said

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would say, as @Sancho2020 says, that we've got decent wingers in DWZ and Smith already. Put them in the positions that they're good at then get some gun centres and a decent fullback
Our recruitment needs to be smarter and completely breakdown our current squad and juniors and actually identify what we have and don't have and base our recruitment decisions on that moving forward.

What role is DWZ playing at FB? Smith at wing? Fucked if I know. For now they're contracted so unless we can cut them loose we need to best find a role for them in the squad and right now imo that is on the wing where they are both capable of potentially being very good wingers. DWZ could potentially be an option at centre but I see a far greater return if we go after Cotric.

I'm interested to see what the club will do, unfortunately it will probably be nothing of note lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our recruitment needs to be smarter and completely breakdown our current squad and juniors and actually identify what we have and don't have and base our recruitment decisions on that moving forward.

What role is DWZ playing at FB? Smith at wing? Fucked if I know. For now they're contracted so unless we can cut them loose we need to best find a role for them in the squad and right now imo that is on the wing where they are both capable of potentially being very good wingers. DWZ could potentially be an option at centre but I see a far greater return if we go after Cotric.

I'm interested to see what the club will do, unfortunately it will probably be nothing of note lol.
Very good post and completely agree. Maybe we give more time to Smith at centre? Maybe? Though hasn't really worked so far, has it.

BUt agree though. Having Smith and DWZ on the wings would be great imo.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very good post and completely agree. Maybe we give more time to Smith at centre? Maybe? Though hasn't really worked so far, has it.

the issue with Smith is that he is lazy and seems to think everything should be done for him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the issue with Smith is that he is lazy and seems to think everything should be done for him.
The issue I think with Smith is that he got his way with the coach when the coach probably should've said we need you on the wing. Work your arse off there, and mid-season maybe we can put you in the centres

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I don't think he is really suited to centre, lacks the knowledge and doesn't really have the quick feet or explosiveness to stand a player up and create opportunities for his outside men. He's far more suited to timing his runs off the wing and running onto the ball... unfortunately he has become lazy and dropped the intensity as of late.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopoate, back to fullback, smith and dwz on the wings with cotric and aitken in the centre’s I’d we are after a cheap one that is sound defensively.
Or splurge and
1. Meaney
2.Jac
3. Hop
4. Cotric
5. Dwz

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not that keen on JAC, rather go hard after Cotric and move DWZ and Smith back to the wings.
Yep. At this stage though I'm over Smith and DWZ... They know where they are best and thats wing, they put themselves over the team imo...

They need to be moved back and of they don't I'm not fussed on cutting them both loose. Plenty of capable replacements on the market. I want us to sign Cotric for a while, also keen on Sailor and potentially Addo-Carr pending what we end up doing with Meaney.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue I think with Smith is that he got his way with the coach when the coach probably should've said we need you on the wing. Work your arse off there, and mid-season maybe we can put you in the centres

I think at the end of the day, no matter who is on the edges, every attacking player will look better when we get the spine sorted out (if ever)

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be anything for a while I'd think.

he would be a good pickup though. Maybe 2 years tops

problem with him is he's nearly 31, and if he signed with us 2 years he will be 33.

If a half or prop? No problem.

but it's not good at all for a winger. They expire at 30.

if this season gets back on track I'd only sign him 1.5 years. This and next.
He would only sign for the rest of this season as he I’ll go back to Rugby next year

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Age isn't a killer. Even the colourful Gold Coast identity Tony Don is 34. But it's harder.

In regards to Ferguson. He does his job but he's completely lost his pace. He's a ryan hall forward winger now.
Is that what we want?
You contradict yourself?l!
Do you have split personalities Dave,oops I meant Nasheed?

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You contradict yourself?l!
Do you have split personalities Dave,oops I meant Nasheed?
Oh wait. I missed this. You think Nasheed is Dave Holland? Ha, hadn't thought of that! This page is mental!