No Source John Bateman

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prop - Tamou, Taupau or Klemmer. People will hate it, but Klemmer is probably closest to Vaughan these days.

Second Row we are right for (as King or RFM can play 80 at lock). With Thompson back next year as well!
Gus on twitter has already said Marty is out of our price range.

I would imagine Klemmer and Tamou are definitely going to be as well, unless the Knights want to carry 75% of the freight.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know this is against the grain but unless Gus jags a gun fullback out of the blue I reckon we will go hard for a 7 and give Averillo the off season under CC to have a crack again at fullback. If it works out and he reproduces the form he showed prior to getting Covid or hopefully even better, then its win win for bugger all money. I am far more worried about the 7 and at least 2 more props even like Tamou.
Perhaps, but it is important to keep @Mutt Dafty on his toes, he hasn't taken up a good opportunity to defend JA in at least a the last few hours, which is concerning.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking more a partial replacement for Vaughn. He has been surprisingly good for us in a tough year, easily one our most consistent forwards in a tie with Kingy.
Yep my bad I pumped up Vaughny in another thread without mentioning Maxy, ripper years for both played all 24 games I think.

Not sold on Tamou myself however, then again I'm giving Thommo his final year with us for a shot at redemption, a good year(hopefully)and a contract renewal on less $$..dreaming? Maybe lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep my bad I pumped up Vaughny in another thread without mentioning Maxy, ripper years for both played all 24 games I think.

Not sold on Tamou myself however, then again I'm giving Thommo his final year with us for a shot at redemption, a good year(hopefully)and a contract renewal on less $$..dreaming? Maybe lol
He is a good lad I reckon, it will be killing him that he hasn't been able to consistently be a presence in the middle for us, but between the MRC, Concussion, and other injury he hasn't been given a good run.

I reckon that if things go well for him off the field next season we will see it on the field, and he will sign a new deal that works well for both club and player. I don't think he wants to leave yet, unfinished business.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wigan wants around $700,000 transfer fee. A lot of money for a player that is known for not honouring his contract by getting home sick. He's still signed to Wigan until the end of 2024 and wants out of that contract now to come back to Aus. Lot of money to pay and then he gets homesick again in a year or two.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't afford to splash out a million on prop at the moment. certainly considering we already have RFM, King, Thompson, TPJ, and a few coming through.

He is a good lad I reckon, it will be killing him that he hasn't been able to consistently be a presence in the middle for us, but between the MRC, Concussion, and other injury he hasn't been given a good run.

I reckon that if things go well for him off the field next season we will see it on the field, and he will sign a new deal that works well for both club and player. I don't think he wants to leave yet, unfinished business.
That's exactly how I see it with Thompson. Give him a season with his head straight, and everything sorted back at home, and we should see a Thompson, hell bent on redemption and to prove to the fans why he signed with us, and why he wants to repay the team for looking after him this year.

That to me is the best motivation for Thommo to have a breakout season in the NRL.

He's got the ability/skill there to do it, and hopefully we have the coaching and players around him to make it happen.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't afford to splash out a million on prop at the moment. certainly considering we already have RFM, King, Thompson, TPJ, and a few coming through.
If the Salary Cap for 2023 goes up to $12m, as many expect it to, then we can afford 2 x $1m props.
Not in any way suggesting that we should get 2 x $1m props, just that we could afford them if we wanted to.

Always a Bulldog

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We offered massive coin before he said no and returned to ESL and realistically the Tigers are the only team who could give him the kind of $$ he'd want.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id pay the transfer fee, its not included in the cap.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exact sort of player that would finish off the forward pack. Right edge backrower with a win at all costs mentality.
Pushes RFM to more of a middle role.
Still, need a halfback and fullback as a higher priority.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exact sort of player that would finish off the forward pack. Right edge backrower with a win at all costs mentality.
Pushes RFM to more of a middle role.
Still, need a halfback and fullback as a higher priority.
Agree with RFM to a middle, even if we don't sign another edge.