John Bateman

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love him at Belmore but possibly a tough sell against going home when he misses his little girl, has an offer from his old club and if the deals are comparable, though possibly we’ve got the edge there. C’mon Dogs, get it done, convince him we’re family too! Hang out with Thommo and reminisce about the Old Dart!
Only one source so not confirmed, but apparently him and his ex (Chloe) don't always see eye to eye. Bateman's mum (single) looks after Millie a lot, so maybe should offer them both a long (really long) holiday in the sunshine. Last time Millie was here his brother Kyle and his 2 kids came along. There is a lot of Bateman family to work with there, it would be nice to win a player over with the old Bulldogs family club inclusions outside the Cap.

Go Dogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only one source so not confirmed, but apparently him and his ex (Chloe) don't always see eye to eye. Bateman's mum (single) looks after Millie a lot, so maybe should offer them both a long (really long) holiday in the sunshine. Last time Millie was here his brother Kyle and his 2 kids came along. There is a lot of Bateman family to work with there, it would be nice to win a player over with the old Bulldogs family club inclusions outside the Cap.

Go Dogs
Thats no good. Hopefully the dogs can do do something to help his family out. I am sure he would like to be with Thommo and play alongside him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson and Bateman would be a great start to the recruitment drive that would definitely entice other players to sign. Plus we'd increase our chances of getting more English talent like the Raiders.

Hopefully it happens as the club and it's fans desperately need some hope to cling to and something to show for five seasons of riding out cap dramas and missing the finals.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johhny bateman and Thompson good start to rebuild our pack.
Nathaniel roache, harry grant or connor Watson at 9
Bring back chn to partner bateman on the edges.
Jacko at 13 is a no brainer.
Cristian welch in the front row to partner thommo.

8. Welch
9. Grant/ watson/ roache
10. Thompson
11. Bateman
12. Chn
13. Jackson

14. Jmk
15. Britt
16. Stimpson
17. Renouf

decent pack

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Johhny bateman and Thompson good start to rebuild our pack.
Nathaniel roache, harry grant or connor Watson at 9
Bring back chn to partner bateman on the edges.
Jacko at 13 is a no brainer.
Cristian welch in the front row to partner thommo.

8. Welch
9. Grant/ watson/ roache
10. Thompson
11. Bateman
12. Chn
13. Jackson

14. Jmk
15. Britt
16. Stimpson
17. Renouf

decent pack
CHN & Bateman would make both edges pretty potent...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
harry grant is a player you can build a team around, ala Smith, he needs to be number one priority imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Likes all the Canterbury posts on Instagram..
Does he? I haven't seen his posts but someome said he removed any posts of him in Dogs gear and wasn't happy with the club?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the club didnt suspend him, the NRL did.
Yeah but the club essentially stood him down in conjunction with the NRL. They didn't appeal anything on his behalf or stand by the players.

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't have. I'm just trying to see it from his perspective.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he? I haven't seen his posts but someome said he removed any posts of him in Dogs gear and wasn't happy with the club?
Yeah he basically took down about 3/4s of all his posts. He’s not that active on social media but he still follows the club and likes the pre game photos etc. never know... can only hope i suppose cause he added a lot in attack.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but the club essentially stood him down in conjunction with the NRL. They didn't appeal anything on his behalf or stand by the players.

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't have. I'm just trying to see it from his perspective.
yeh understand, i think with all the public outrage the club had no chance.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs can arrange his daughter to come over on compassionate grounds in the off season for a holiday (even before he officially starts with us) Could be enough.. after all we are the family club ;)
I think I read that's exactly what the Raiders were trying to do but the pandemic happened. We did it for Joey Manu.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats no good. Hopefully the dogs can do do something to help his family out. I am sure he would like to be with Thommo and play alongside him.
said this on another post, the current minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs - David Coleman whose seat of Banks encompasses a mixture of Doggies and Dragons territory. His main office is in Revesby btw. im sure he played a role in getting Thommo over from the UK so im sure he can do the same for Bateman's family.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
let bateman go back to England if hes mentioned it several times to the raiders then hes not 100 percent committed to staying here, why sign someone who than asks for a release

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we get Bateman, but the Wigan deal sounds the most tempting. 4 years, good coin, back in the motherland.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How are Canberra going without Pay?
One thing that's intrigued me and I don't know the answer. Is Ennis part of Canberra's staff anymore with the Covid bubble stuff. If not perhaps they miss his presence ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I doubt that CHN would want to play for the club again.
Agree they shafted him royally. Note I won't reply to they lost us a sponsor bullshit, Corey only broke a hotel rule. Okunbur is the groomer