John Bateman

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HVe
These tend to take a while, but if it goes into July it's a joke.
3 mil over 4 years with an option to return to England after every season year 2 onward.

And find a way for him to see his kid more and that's it. Good deal. Take it or leave.
Have we signed him nasheed?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a DCE, Cleary, Reynolds, Pearce, Cameron Smith, Hodgson or Keary beside Norman. If he's the main man or has a 50/50 split role I think he's always going to struggle (if we're talking about playing to his peak). In theory he has a very good skill set for five-eighth or fullback, he just crumbles under pressure and for whatever reason can't perform consistently (similar to Milford I guess).
Corey Norman has the odd good game! Not worth $$

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't read your posts unless it starts with Nasheed here! How else will I know it's you???
If we want Munster, we would need to throw in a 5 year package at 6.5 million dollars. It needs to be worth it.
The storm success keeps him as a marquee so he won't come up for 200 imo. But 400 he will sit up and take notice.
He would also get heavy third party top ups from the storm. They have the lost TRP in the league.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This guy aint worth overs
I think Bateman is for us if we're unable to get top spine players. Otherwise who else are we going to fill our team with. I think he's worth 600-700k and 800k isn't that far off. A good price for us imo. One of the best in the Raiders team last season and was second rower of the year. Frizell apparently going to the Knights for 700k and imo Bateman is better.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Bateman is for us if we're unable to get top spine players. Otherwise who else are we going to fill our team with. I think he's worth 600-700k and 800k isn't that far off. A good price for us imo. One of the best in the Raiders team last season and was second rower of the year. Frizell apparently going to the Knights for 700k and imo Bateman is better.
We should throw $700k at grant

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should throw $700k at grant
I agree but we should of also throw 400-500k at Grant before he extended with the Storm. Now it just looks silly and we've potentially wasted money/salary cap. I think Tigers would match our offer or meet somewhere in the middle if we offered 700k so it's hard to see him being anywhere else besides the Storm or Tigers. We might of missed the boat now.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This guy aint worth overs
That was my thought. Injured a bit lately and very expensive for a backrower. Is he worth the money? Id pay his money for a hooker, fullback or half.

Bulldogs91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs should chase Bateman cotric and Oliver Gillard from England would be great fit with Luke Thompson

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
O’Sullivan with Hughes. We will get the growth heading in write way. Then look at a Bennett or Gould type overseeing. Helping Pay out. Structure under pay. I would change the reserve grade coach to OMealey and put the pressure on the two we have know or change them. then final piece bring in on a 1 week or twice a Cooper Cronk to help the backs. Use OMealey as forwards coach.
if pay can’t succeed with that. I’ll agree let him go. But first give him the playing cattle. And support staff around him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take the Bateman
The Bulldogs have been preoccupied this week getting Luke Thompson over from England, but they'll turn their attention back to his countryman now that deal has been struck for him to join the club this season.

The Bulldogs have told Bateman's manager they are willing to offer him a three-year deal worth about $2.2 million to $2.3m. It's a little bit less than the four-year deal worth around $800,000 he has been chasing. If the Bulldogs don't hear back soon, expect the club to put a deadline on him, or pull out altogether.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...and-staff-from-isolation-20200614-p552gj.html

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So that's between 733-750k a season? I guess Bateman can't complain with that offer coming off another shoulder surgery.

Despite potentially outlaying about $1.4 million a season for Thompson and Bateman, we'd still have plenty of cap space to try and recruit a hooker, half, outside back and young talent from other clubs.

Malla

Reaction score
Take the Bateman
The Bulldogs have been preoccupied this week getting Luke Thompson over from England, but they'll turn their attention back to his countryman now that deal has been struck for him to join the club this season.

The Bulldogs have told Bateman's manager they are willing to offer him a three-year deal worth about $2.2 million to $2.3m. It's a little bit less than the four-year deal worth around $800,000 he has been chasing. If the Bulldogs don't hear back soon, expect the club to put a deadline on him, or pull out altogether.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...and-staff-from-isolation-20200614-p552gj.html
I reckon even that offer is a bit too steep for Bateman. He's a good player, but if thats his asking price we will be better off letting him sign elsewhere.

That money needs to be put into a hooker/half that can lead us around the field without getting injured every second week.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d be happy with Bateman on 700k bet you tolmans on it and he can go now Thompson’s here.

Also Corey would of been on 500k+’for sure

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see the club putting deadlines on deals. Shows players and managers that we aren’t just a bargaining chip to use to bump up their price and if they want to play here they better prove it

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good to see the club putting deadlines on deals. Shows players and managers that we aren’t just a bargaining chip to use to bump up their price and if they want to play here they better prove it
Will you still have that same opinion if we continue to miss out on players due to playing 'hardball'?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you still have that same opinion if we continue to miss out on players due to playing 'hardball'?
It goes both ways as you don’t want to be strung along for months and miss out on other potential targets if bateman isn’t serious about coming no point sticking around